Confirmed: Sergey Kalinin to devils.

caron14

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuk thats hard to watch

why does it look like he had a seizure after that hit? Like that was legit convulsions

because he did and it was

edit: not sure if a seizure is technically the same as a convulsion

Edited by lazer

Not sure why anyone's being critical of this signing.

Worst case scenario is he absolutely sucks and we have an extra body for Albany so we can call up one of the kids. Like it or not, these are the kind of signings we'll need to continue making.

Edited by DJ Eco

Not sure why anyone's being critical of this signing.

Worst case scenario is he absolutely sucks and we have an extra body for Albany so we can call up one of the kids. Like it or not, these are the kind of signings we'll need to continue making.

It's not a signing.   There's no indication that this player is even interested in becoming a Devil, or that they made an offer - his agent claims they did and that they're mulling it over, that's it.

"Kalinin this week returned to Russia from the United States, where he had an additional medical examination, - said Holin. - There's Sergei reiterated that all is well with him and he can proceed to full loads. In addition, in New York he I had a meeting with the leaders of "New Jersey", who offered him a contract for next season."

This is from his agent, from here: http://rsport.ru/hockey/20150523/834107452.html

So if theres a contract, why isn't he signed? They offered him a contract so he should be signed no? I think his agent is getting greedy and talking things up trying to generate buzz

It's a big life change. May be deciding whether the money ultimately offered is worth the change compared to his money with no change.

It's a big life change. May be deciding whether the money ultimately offered is worth the change compared to his money with no change.

If it's that, I would like him less.  If he is deciding between the money, ok.  I'd like guys that know they can play at the highest level.  It's a high risk, low reward, but if he is worried about whether he can even play here, it's low risk, low reward.  The Devils have enough bottom 6 forwards and they are not hard to come by.  This team needs top 6 guys.

If it's that, I would like him less. If he is deciding between the money, ok. I'd like guys that know they can play at the highest level. It's a high risk, low reward, but if he is worried about whether he can even play here, it's low risk, low reward. The Devils have enough bottom 6 forwards and they are not hard to come by. This team needs top 6 guys.

I don't mean he might fear the NHL level of play, I meant he may feel he will enjoy continuing living in Russia with friends and family over moving to the USA.

I don't mean he might fear the NHL level of play, I meant he may feel he will enjoy continuing living in Russia with friends and family over moving to the USA.

I didn't mean to say what you thought, but it does take into account his thought process.  He may just be a homesick kid like Larsson was when he was 18, especially when his grandparent died.  I just think it's a worry but nothing to put into the signing if it's reasonable.  If it's like the Flyers signing of that Russian Defenseman, GOD NO, I'd say.  It'd high risk low reward as we'd imagine it, but it's not a signing.  It could be low risk, high reward or it'd possibly tick up to medium risk, high reward when we hear the contract.  Overall, this is the guy the Devils should be signing to create competition rather than last year where they had a bunch of over the hill vets to push the prospects down like Havlat and Gomez considering how the season turned out.

Edited by themightyall