Gélinas on RDS (l'antichambre is a french hockey talk show)

caron14

http://www.rds.ca/vid%C3%A9os/%C3%A9ric-g%C3%A9linas-dans-l-antichambre-3.1134700

I know it french and it may not be understandable for a lot of you, but i thought i could share it anyways.

1.Gélinas talk about his game and the fact he love working with Scott Stevens. said he improve defensively in 2015. Would have to stay good defensively without hurting his offensive upside. (think he wasn't good enough offensively.)

2. Gélinas is surprise by having Shero as new Gm. He thinks lLou will let shero have the autonomy to do his job.

3.Gélinas talk a bit about Jagr and his preparation. He said he really love Elias as a player and a person. He thinks he helps young players to grow as a team. Elias is a competitive player who wants to win as a Devils.

4. He thinks they have an awesome goaltending, really good defense but a thin offense. He said Henrique is the corpse of the team offenssively. Talks about Jacob Josefson and tell that Oates and Stevens give him role. Thought Josefson plays great this season for the Devils.

And more.... sorry for my english. 

• Like 1

The "corpse" of the team - how should one interpret that?

Loved that part. Think we all knew he meant core, or something along those lines, but the cynic in me couldn't help but laugh at the sad, not too far off, accidental analogy that our best forward is a dead body.

Thanks for the read Caron.

The topic was contributing offensively, not being strong on the puck, making good decisions or being good defensively. The statement was who was an "offensive corpse". I stand by what I said because offensively, Zajac hasn't met expectations.

Zajac isn't a Brunner/Ryder player. He does so many things right-- he's typically strong on the puck, makes smart decisions, and is fabulous defensively. He's supposed to put up points - yeah - but that's not the *only* thing he should be doing. He contributes a lot more than 'virtually nothing'

If you take gionta (a 4th line center) supposed to bring energy and put up points only once in awhile and at the salary he's making. He's doing what he should be doing perfectly.

Zajac whos our first line center (which first line center is a guy who can play both ways, produce bunch of points and be a leader) getting paid decent money and he is NOT bringing what he should.

I think thats what he meant

If you take gionta (a 4th line center) supposed to bring energy and put up points only once in awhile and at the salary he's making. He's doing what he should be doing perfectly.

Zajac whos our first line center (which first line center is a guy who can play both ways, produce bunch of points and be a leader) getting paid decent money and he is NOT bringing what he should.

I think thats what he meant

i think this is the main problem in the thinking behind it.  Zajac is NOT a first line center now.  He still does plenty of things right but I wouldn't peg him as a first liner anymore.

Zajac isn't a Brunner/Ryder player. He does so many things right-- he's typically strong on the puck, makes smart decisions, and is fabulous defensively. He's supposed to put up points - yeah - but that's not the *only* thing he should be doing. He contributes a lot more than 'virtually nothing'

You got that right Bro, no cancer for him, may yours fall off.