Sign in to follow this  
RunninWithTheDevil

Finally safe to post this again.

The greatest video in the history of our sport.

What song is that btw

I will wait for you by Connie Francis.  I heard it in the saddest futurama episode of all time.

I will wait for you by Connie Francis. I heard it in the saddest futurama episode of all time.

Yeah, that song always reminds me of that. Possibly saddest TV moment ever

Yeah, that song always reminds me of that. Possibly saddest TV moment ever

God that freaking dog. Saddest cartoon moment of all time for me.

I refuse to watch it again.

God that freaking dog. Saddest cartoon moment of all time for me.

I refuse to watch it again.

I always turn that episode off

I waited until the series was over to finally watch this. I damn near pissed myself. Forgot they went so damn long without making the playoffs from 99 until 0-whatever.

I waited until the series was over to finally watch this. I damn near pissed myself. Forgot they went so damn long without making the playoffs from 99 until 0-whatever.

In that time, the Devils went something like 45-0-??? against the Rangers in the (obviously) regular season. It was magical. 

In that time, the Devils went something like 45-0-??? against the Rangers in the (obviously) regular season. It was magical.

It was a 23-game unbeaten streak I believe with plenty of ties in there. It was great and those were the days when they played them like seven times a season.

It was a 23-game unbeaten streak I believe with plenty of ties in there. It was great and those were the days when they played them like seven times a season.

if you look on that page, i believe there are videos of a little fat high-school freshman Runnin antagonizing the only ranger fans at my school (i.e. blasting the goal horn and song on a boombox in the hallways, setting up framed pictures of marty during class, handing out old baseball mitts for Lundqvists glove side)  That was a great era of dominance.

EDIT:

So now that its been a solid 21 years since their last cup, I think its time I do an HD remake of this video.  Anyone have any song suggestions?  I was thinking "We'll Meet Again" 

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

if you look on that page, i believe there are videos of a little fat high-school freshman Runnin antagonizing the only ranger fans at my school (i.e. blasting the goal horn and song on a boombox in the hallways, setting up framed pictures of marty during class, handing out old baseball mitts for Lundqvists glove side)  That was a great era of dominance.

EDIT:

So now that its been a solid 21 years since their last cup, I think its time I do an HD remake of this video.  Anyone have any song suggestions?  I was thinking "We'll Meet Again" 

you could use that tear jerker of a song from the ASPCA commercials

or the song they played when Gretzky retired, "I will remember you" since thats all their fanbase seems to do come playoff time, reference their 94 team and how that legacy will guide them to the Cup

you could use that tear jerker of a song from the ASPCA commercials

or the song they played when Gretzky retired, "I will remember you" since thats all their fanbase seems to do come playoff time, reference their 94 team and how that legacy will guide them to the Cup

how about New York, New York by ol blue eyes? START SPREADIN THE NEWSSSS

how about New York, New York by ol blue eyes? START SPREADIN THE NEWSSSS

That could work too, big ol slap in their faces since they use that as a victory song after that Rangers Victory song that they've clung to since 1940.

Do Mad World by Gary Jules. Its so depressing, it'd be perfect!

I was gonna go with New York Groove

It's been a year since I was here

On the street I'm just passing my time away

To the left and to the right a town of stone grows to the sky

And it's out of sight in a fading light here I am again in the city

With a fist full of dollars and baby you gotta believe:

I'm back

back in the New York groove

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil