John Hynes: New Devils Coach

mikepeluso8

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice! Wanted us to go with a young up and comer rather than a lifer retread.

Really need to know the compensation. The fact that the compensation part of the deal is still ongoing leads me to believe that it's gonna be a non-issue, with the Devils being like, "alright let's sign him and then deal with the minor pick"

Really need to know the compensation. The fact that the compensation part of the deal is still ongoing leads me to believe that it's gonna be a non-issue, with the Devils being like, "alright let's sign him and then deal with the minor pick"

It'll likely be one of the three 2016 3rds.

Like it a lot - sort of unfortunate that he had worked with Shero before, but on the plus side he never played pro hockey.  You look at the list of coaches who never played pro and you find guys like Jon Cooper, Pat Burns, Scotty Bowman, Bob Hartley.  It usually takes a lot for a guy like this to jump over candidates who had played.

Like it a lot - sort of unfortunate that he had worked with Shero before, but on the plus side he never played pro hockey.  You look at the list of coaches who never played pro and you find guys like Jon Cooper, Pat Burns, Scotty Bowman, Bob Hartley.  It usually takes a lot for a guy like this to jump over candidates who had played.

isn't it a good thing he has worked with Shero before?

Sounds good (I didn't want it to be Stevens or Oates...nothing against them, but they just didn't feel right)...sounds like Hynes has a way of the getting the most out of what he has to work with, though I'll readily admit I don't know much about him, outside of what TG has reported.  Curious to see how the rest of his staff shapes up.   

Sounds good (I didn't want it to be Stevens or Oates...nothing against them, but they just didn't feel right)...sounds like Hynes has a way of the getting the most out of what he has to work with, though I'll readily admit I don't know much about him, outside of what TG has reported.  Curious to see how the rest of his staff shapes up.   

I'wouldn't mind seeing Stevens/Albelin back, and maybe Foligno too? I'm guessing Albany staff stays in tact as well? (Kowalsky/Sarge/Cunniff)  I guess we'll find out soon enough

I guess he's gonna be the youngest coach in the NHL. Geez have we ever got younger in all department? younger GM, youngers team, younger coach... 

That been said here's an extra reason why i'd want to keep Elias around eventhough his play is not top notch anymore. That guy is a future coach, he's incredibly smart and knows the game more than anyone. He's gonna be helpful to the young guys and to Hynes for sure.