John Hynes: New Devils Coach

mikepeluso8

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want him to do well, but I think it is a shame that the organization is moving away from its own players and internal candidates.

Lou could've appointed Stevens as head coach before he stepped down as GM, but he didn't. If he were that confident in him, that could've been announced in April. So if you're not gonna give Ray Shero the benefit of the doubt of doing his due diligence in considering Scott Stevens as a candidate, then give Lou that benefit because he had plenty of time to appoint him head coach, but didn't, so he must have felt he was not ready.

As for any other internal candidates, I'm not sure who there is outside of John Maclean again? Chico Resch???

Edited by DJ Eco

"Fast, attacking and supporting"

Okay, I'm ready to see what 2017-2018 brings now

Edited for realistic purposes. This will be a process. We won't suddenly be lightning fast and have a roster with an average of 26 in just a few months, or even year.

Edited by DJ Eco

Love that Shero's vision for the team is to get faster, want to see the moves he has in mind to make that happen.

For sure.  Hopefully this will be reflected in our picks at the end of the month. Fast & furious 

Just 3 fkn questions for the new GM and new Head coach? embarrassed...

Really, what's that about?  The room was full of people from what the web stream and applause looked/sounded like.

Where the heck was Fischler & Chere??

And by the way, the photo op with the Newark kids, reminded me of the Mighty Ducks movie.  No offense intended.

Really, what's that about?  The room was full of people from what the web stream and applause looked/sounded like.

Where the heck was Fischler & Chere??

And by the way, the photo op with the Newark kids, reminded me of the Mighty Ducks movie.  No offense intended.

Lol that was for a field trip, the Devils are apparently a summer camp now.

Edited by William D'Aquila

Geez, it was one thing when most players were younger than me.  Now the coaches are too...

Zubrus and Gionta are pretty smart dudes. Showing themselves at events. Chatting up Shero and Hynes. Photo-Ops. Prettaay Prettaay smart.

Brown-nosers lol.

Geez, it was one thing when most players were younger than me. Now the coaches are too...

Hell, Hynes is only a year older than Patty. [emoji28]