Friedman: Devils Could Take Run At MSL

TheMazz

NO!!!

He's old, and looked brutal inthe playoffs!!

Give him a year to year deal like Jagr. Hopefully you can sign him for cheap enough that it's not a major risk. We certainly have the cap room to make this happen. I have no problem with this if it's a year to year. It would be better depth then Havlat or Ryder Edited by TheMazz

I don't see St Louis wanting to come here. Lot of talk about him preferring to stay close to the area, but last time he was able to get his cake and eat it too. That obviously wouldn't be the case if he played for the Devils.

If he's okay being traded at the deadline to a contender, I have a feeling it be better for him to just sign with a much better team on July 1st.

I think the problem is on a contender from July 1st, he won't get a chance to play (maybe) top-6. If you're a contender already, chances are, MSL is not in your top 6. Here he can be semi-important, get minutes, get points, have some fun before being traded and becoming a complimentary player at the deadline and be close to your family for most of the season. Also, he could probably get more money here too.

Edited by HellOnICE

Fine with the idea. Despite his weak PO performance he did put up 50 points. Rather have him in the top 6 than put a guy not ready into a tough spot.

Barring no significant trade

Henrique-Gomez-Boucher

Cammalleri-Zajac-St. Louis

Elias-Josefson-Matteau

Zubrus-Kalinin-Ruutu

Tootoo

For me,  I hope not! Shero will disappoint me big time if he brings MSL.  I know some teams might do this but, why would you waste time bringing someone in with

intention of trading him if were in the toilet? You don't bring anyone (waste your time/effort) on a player that might be a trade chip? please good Lord no!

I don't see St Louis wanting to come here. Lot of talk about him preferring to stay close to the area, but last time he was able to get his cake and eat it too. That obviously wouldn't be the case if he played for the Devils.

If he's okay being traded at the deadline to a contender, I have a feeling it be better for him to just sign with a much better team on July 1st.

Last time he was coming off an Art Ross

For me,  I hope not! Shero will disappoint me big time if he brings MSL.  I know some teams might do this but, why would you waste time bringing someone in with

intention of trading him if were in the toilet? You don't bring anyone (waste your time/effort) on a player that might be a trade chip? please good Lord no!

agreed, lets bring him herte to trade him at the deadline??  moronic!!

For me, I hope not! Shero will disappoint me big time if he brings MSL. I know some teams might do this but, why would you waste time bringing someone in with

Someone has to play on the team. Are the Devils better off rolling the dice on MSL for one year or better off playing Tim Sestito some more?

If getting MSL would prevent other needed deals then I'd be against it but it looks to me like a MSL would block no acquisitions and clog up no needed roster spots. So I would go for it on a 1 year deal and hope to get lucky.

Unless there are serious changes we aren't making the playoffs next season. I don't see the problem in bringing in a proven leader and winner for 1 year to help bring the kids along. As its been stated, this is a process. Shero isn't going to turn this group into a legitimate playoff team in one offseason. Our best RW is Steve Bernier for God's sake.

So you are giving up on next season already??

I like the direction the organization is going in with Shero/Hynes and it's nice that they have Schneider and some solid young D. With that said, I just don't think this team has a realistic chance of being a playoff team next year. I'd rather find some stop gap F's they can plug in and eventually trade, which is why I think MSL is a solid option.

I want no part of him.  For starters, I saw what he did in Tampa and even though he's a few years past that now and he isn't in a situation to screw us over like he did them, I don't like his attitude and personality, and beyond that, he's also too old and probably wouldn't bring much to the table.  No, I don't want to see more of Tim Sestito, but there are other guys I'd rather see besides a well-past-his-prime douchebag like St. Louis.

Unless there are serious changes we aren't making the playoffs next season. I don't see the problem in bringing in a proven leader and winner for 1 year to help bring the kids along. As its been stated, this is a process. Shero isn't going to turn this group into a legitimate playoff team in one offseason. Our best RW is Steve Bernier for God's sake.

well when you say it that way