How About Some Possible Trade Talk?

themightyall

I know people say Draisaitel is the best prospect to have never played an NHL game... but he's still a prospect that has never played an NHL game.  Everything I hear severely overvalues him.  Can they guarantee that he will be a top 6 forward?  Because we can guarantee that all but Gelinas are top 4 defensemen, who in himself has qualities that I think are more valuable than Merrill.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about next years 1st rounder and this years 2nd, and throw in two of Merril, Boucher, or Gelinas? Is that enough in you're opinions?  They probably want Henrique or Elias, but I wouldn't want to move either of them.  I mean I could be convinced to allow them to go, but I do think Elias will remain an effective player for his remaining years as a Devil.  

Why would the Leafs want Elias?

Why would the Leafs want Elias?

Maybe my bias/favoritism, but why wouldn't they? For every reason that we keep him. I could see him included in a package deal, especially with Shero at the helm. I don't like the idea but if it fetches a top forward, its not going to hurt us.

That aside, I get that Patty is likely not high on their interest list.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

Maybe my bias/favoritism, but why wouldn't they? For every reason that we keep him. I could see him included in a package deal, especially with Shero at the helm. I don't like the idea but if it fetches a top forward, its not going to hurt us.

The only reason they'd trade for him would be to flip him later for more assets. But then you're very much overstating what type of player he is at this point in his career, because the return would likely not be a whole lot.

Edited by Marshall

I know people say Draisaitel is the best prospect to have never played an NHL game... but he's still a prospect that has never played an NHL game.  Everything I hear severely overvalues him.  Can they guarantee that he will be a top 6 forward?  Because we can guarantee that all but Gelinas are top 4 defensemen, who in himself has qualities that I think are more valuable than Merrill.

He's only a prospect who has never played an NHL game if you ignore the 37 NHL games he played this year.

I've said it before, and maybe I'm being unfair, but I don't want Kessel.  This is just my impression but, imo, he's a soft player - no leadership.  He's not a guy we can bring in here to lead the Devils out of the basement of the NHL.  He'll bend and break under the pressure here, and the Devils will be stuck with a declining guy on a bad contract for the next, what, 8 years?

Unless he can be had for spare parts (ie, Gelinas, a 2nd round pick or two, and Boucher) then no.  An easy pass from me.

I don't expect there would be a lot of interest in Elias at the present time. Once the trade deadline is looming, some team who wanted to add a veteran presence might take him, but other than that, I don't see it.

were not going to see elias moved. He may not be back after next season but he's not going to be traded.

I've said it before, and maybe I'm being unfair, but I don't want Kessel.  This is just my impression but, imo, he's a soft player - no leadership.  He's not a guy we can bring in here to lead the Devils out of the basement of the NHL.  He'll bend and break under the pressure here, and the Devils will be stuck with a declining guy on a bad contract for the next, what, 8 years?

Unless he can be had for spare parts (ie, Gelinas, a 2nd round pick or two, and Boucher) then no.  An easy pass from me.

pressure?  he excelled quite well at the international level, a star for team USA.  in fact, Kane called Kessel "the best player i've ever played with."

and you think he's soft?  nope.  the guy plays pretty tough. 

Kessel would be a FANTASTIC addition to the team, i agree 100%.  the only thing is what he would cost, and there are some scnearios (#6 pick) where i'd want the Devils to stay away.

pressure?  he excelled quite well at the international level, a star for team USA.  in fact, Kane called Kessel "the best player i've ever played with."

and you think he's soft?  nope.  the guy plays pretty tough. 

Kessel would be a FANTASTIC addition to the team, i agree 100%.  the only thing is what he would cost, and there are some scnearios (#6 pick) where i'd want the Devils to stay away.

I pretty much agree here and ive said it already, kessel could fill a large void here in NJ that we desperately need.. but there is no way that i would let that number 6 pick go really for anything realistic we just cannot afford to deal it. If they can get the job done for him in a reasonable way i would be on board no doubt

There's no pressure here, like zero, which is why I think he's more inclined to thrive here than anything else.

pressure? he excelled quite well at the international level, a star for team USA. in fact, Kane called Kessel "the best player i've ever played with."

and you think he's soft? nope. the guy plays pretty tough.

Kessel would be a FANTASTIC addition to the team, i agree 100%. the only thing is what he would cost, and there are some scnearios (#6 pick) where i'd want the Devils to stay away.

I agree, which is why I would put next years first(2016) on the table. Hell if we could return a pick in this year's draft that would be awesome

I agree, which is why I would put next years first(2016) on the table. Hell if we could return a pick in this year's draft that would be awesome

ehhhh. I'd still be hesitant to throw any first round pick. As of right now this team is so far from being competitive that I'd rather keep it.

sh!t, give them a 2nd this year and next and Gelly, plus someone else. I just can't get on board losing a first