Morrissey Says Obama ‘Seems White Inside'

http://www.alternativenation.net/interview-morrissey-says-obama-seems-white-inside-talks-brandon-flowers-stalking-him/

Though he requires no introduction, Morrissey is one of the rock realm’s most influential figures of the past three decades, whether it be through his timeless four record run as The Smiths’ frontman, sprawling ten record solo career, or his continued involvement in political and social activism, vanguarded by his passionately strong belief that “meat is murder” and championing of the vegan lifestyle.

In this interview, Morrissey, who is about to embark on a U.S. tour, touches on the various facets of his activism, updates his stance on Hillary Clinton and her 2016 bid for presidency, and criticizes President Obama's handling of recent of events such of Ferguson by saying he "doesn't support" black people.

Edited by TheMazz

• 1 month later...

Article lost me when it claimed that he is "one of the rock realm’s most influential figures of the past three decades."

That's a pretty big stretch there.

I think he probably was.  His seminal work was in the 80's but put out solid work in the 90s and even 2000's.  I'd say most indie bands especially of the past decade love the guys work and are influenced by him and Johnny Marr.

He's Kanye before Kanye.

One of the most pretentious pricks in music and pop culture history.  I look at him as if he's a professional wrestler, playing a character...except I don't think it's a character at all. 

I think he probably was.  His seminal work was in the 80's but put out solid work in the 90s and even 2000's.  I'd say most indie bands especially of the past decade love the guys work and are influenced by him and Johnny Marr.

He's Kanye before Kanye.

One of the most pretentious pricks in music and pop culture history.  I look at him as if he's a professional wrestler, playing a character...except I don't think it's a character at all. 

I really don't see it.

I also have yet to ever see or hear of a famous musician that has never been at some point called "the most influential" or "one of the most influential" by someone.

Edited by DevsMan84

Obama's white inside, huh? His mother was white, so shouldn't he be at least half-white inside? :noclue:

He certainly doesn't identify as white. This is the president who said, "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon."

Morrissey sure does look out for black people, doesn't he? Bless his little social justice warrior's heart.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.