2015 NHL Off-season Thread

Derlique

Cap's set at 71.4.  Lower limit is 52.8.  Devils look like they are around 5 million under the lower limit right now but they have plenty of holes to fill and RFAs to re-sign.  I can't see them getting to that cap so I hope there's no Zubrus or Ruutu buy out.  Scratch them, throw them in the minors if someone (Matteau/Boucher) can beat them out.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Coaches' challenge on goalie interference/offside goals - with on ice officials reviewing own work at p box monitor - coming, pending B of G

@TSNBobMcKenzie: If, after missed offside, puck clears offensive zone and then goal is scored subsequently, missed offside no longer subject to challenge.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: ARI GM Don Maloney says he has two firm offers to trade outright the No. 3 overall pick in draft that give him "pause to consider."

Now this is interesting for several reasons, not the least of which because it affects who's there/not there at 6.

Edited by MadDog2020

My guess is that the teams looking to trade into the Coyotes spot are trying to get Hanifin, which rules out the Devils. Not the Devils wouldn't want him, just not worth it to give up the assets not to mention the Devils don't have anything to offer except other defensemen. My guess is that the team looking to trade who is in the top ten is Columbus. I'd guess that the team looking to trade the good young player without giving up another first rounder is Edmonton, who would deal Draistl and something else. Coming out of the draft with McDavid and Hanifin would be quite the coup for Chiarelli just a few months into his new job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My guess is that the teams looking to trade into the Coyotes spot are trying to get Hanifin, which rules out the Devils. Not the Devils wouldn't want him, just not worth it to give up the assets not to mention the Devils don't have anything to offer except other defensemen. My guess is that the team looking to trade who is in the top ten is Columbus. I'd guess that the team looking to trade the good young player without giving up another first rounder is Edmonton, who would deal Draistl and something else. Coming out of the draft with McDavid and Hanifin would be quite the coup for Chiarelli just a few months into his new job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe Hall or Hopkins is the other part

Not interested in trading up, because the cost would be Cory.

im not willing to move schneider hes going to be or atleast really should be very solid for us it seems for few years atleast..in a deep draft like this the number 6 pick isnt a bad place to be. I think we are in a good spot if we stay at 6 or find a way to move up without it costing us the bank

Big OT change: Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie:

Pending B of G approval, NHL will go to 3-on-3 overtime for 5 minutes in regular season games next season.

Right to 3-on-3. 4-on-4 is gone completely.

I couldn't believe it when I read that. They are nuts. 3-on-3 is basically a video game. I really hate the direction they're headed.

http://newyorkpuck.com/2015/06/24/going-from-5-on-5-straight-to-3-on-3-overtime-absurd/

Big OT change: Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie:

Pending B of G approval, NHL will go to 3-on-3 overtime for 5 minutes in regular season games next season.

Right to 3-on-3. 4-on-4 is gone completely.

If you thought the Devils were bad a t shootoutd, just wait to you watch this trainwreck.

Is it 3 in 2 if someone takes a penalty?