2015 NHL Off-season Thread

Derlique

Kind of feel like they could completely do away with shootouts if they go 3v3 OT. Have a hard time seeing many games go beyond the time it takes to play 3v3 OT and do the shootouts. 

Last season, the AHL used a 3 on 3 following the 4 on 4 OT format, before going to shootouts.  According to NHL Network, 75% of games that went to 3 on 3 ended there, so the # of shootouts should decrease dramatically next season.  

Last 2 years I went to a lot of SPHL games around where I lived, they went right to 3 on 3 if i remember correctly.

I saw 3 games go to OT, two shootouts and one OT winner. The two games that went to shootouts, the teams seemed extremely passive with 3 on 3 play.

Just an observation.

Sens lock up Stone [3 yrs/ $3.5 per] and Zibanejad [2 yrs/$2.65]

per their team twitter

EDIT: Sorry for the two posts and my incompetence with the forgetting the edit button, but today is also the first day pending free agents can talk with other teams. Curious to see what gets reported today of who talks to who, if it is at all.

Edited by jagknife

So I know the NHL awards are a popularity contest more than anything else, but it really sucks that both Severson and Schneider didn't receive a single vote for the Calder and Vezina, respectively.

Seems a little ridiculous, especially for Cory.  He had a statistically insane year, playing behind one of the worst teams in the NHL.  I feel for the guy.  

..probably never should've acquired him in the first place.  Trade doesn't make sense in the short or long term for either side.  Ah well.  

The trade made sense in the short term for both sides without question.

So I know the NHL awards are a popularity contest more than anything else, but it really sucks that both Severson and Schneider didn't receive a single vote for the Calder and Vezina, respectively.

Seems a little ridiculous, especially for Cory.  He had a statistically insane year, playing behind one of the worst teams in the NHL.  I feel for the guy.  

..probably never should've acquired him in the first place.  Trade doesn't make sense in the short or long term for either side.  Ah well.  

Woh. I saw that he got 5th All-Star team. Odd that Hank got 5th in a season he missed significant time. Who is the idiot that gave him a first place vote? At least Cam got a vote. :lol: 

The people who vote on these things don't watch much because if they did, Hedman would have received votes for the Norris. He got nothing on that or the All-Stars. Ridiculous. Corey Perry was ninth among right wings. So, it's not just one player here. Injuries definitely play a role. 

For a sixth. Basically nothing. I imagine Colorado has already talked to him and now they can lock it in. O'Reilly's a goner.

What would it take to re-sign ROR if we traded for him?  I heard 7 years, 7.5 per.  I would do that for a 24 year old.  If we trade for him, wouldn't we be the only  team that can offer him the 8th year too?

Still silly to trade for someone's rights when they can still field offers from other teams, but hey, they got their guy

there had to have been some kinda communication with them.  its not a coincidence he signs with COL the day after they trade for his rights..

I'm neutral to liking the new Coyotes look too.

Ehh, the black shoulder is in a really weird place...looks like a football uniform.  The Devils black shoulder patch is the only acceptable way for a hockey jersey.  

Edited by RizzMB30