2015 NHL Off-season Thread

Derlique

The Caps already countered at 5.1 so I can see him getting 6, which was the mid point of what the negotiations were at (5.5 vs 6.5).  I was surprised to see his career save % was so high, especially considering what the team was like before Trotz came around.

The Caps already countered at 5.1 so I can see him getting 6, which was the mid point of what the negotiations were at (5.5 vs 6.5). I was surprised to see his career save % was so high, especially considering what the team was like before Trotz came around.

Ah didn't see that. Yeah he'll probably get 6 then.

I think someone via Twitter discussed the logic behind the asking prices from both sides for arbitration yesterday. The player will tend to ask for an astronomical amount, while the team will low ball in the hopes the arbiter will lean their side over the other.

I think Craig Smith of Nashville just settled for pretty close to his asking price, however. [$4.25 vs $4.75, I think]

Holtby might very well get 7. 6.5 is the low end for him. The only way I could see him getting 6 is if he settles for a one year deal. Comparing goalies with similar numbers: Lundqvist is getting 8.5, Rinne is getting 7, Rask is getting 7, and Bobrovsky is getting almost 7.5. Quick's cap hit is 5.8, but his contract is longer than the others and drops off in the last years. I believe the total value of his contract is second only to Lundqvist's. Quick is basically getting 7. The only thing you can really say is that Schneider is getting 6 and Price is getting 6.5. Price signed his contract two years ago though, Schneids well...he's just a great deal. There's also Corey Crawford who is getting 6 but he took a "stay in Chicago discount."

Edited by Neb00rs

Yea, no, sorry. Gonna pretend that last season never existed and be happy with that.

There was a season last year? 

(yes i had no really hope that we were going to sign him as Shero was very busy with our own troops ... But i admit i was secretly - hence the bracket - hoping to sign Semin... Just for my Regular shoot of Russian .... ) 

Who knows - we could've offered him a contract but he mightve wanted to go to a team with an actual chance of making the playoffs.

Would've liked him here on that deal but.. No big loss I guess.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Who knows - we could've offered him a contract but he mightve wanted to go to a team with an actual chance of making the playoffs.

Would've liked him here on that deal but.. No big loss I guess.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Someone who actually understands that in order to get a free agent to sign, they actually have to want to do so.

Not a slight on anyone on this board, just venting from stupidity.

Sucks we couldn't get him, but oh well.

Since Lou is up in Toronto now and he loves his aging players, let's send Zubrus for Bozak. lol

Edited by jagknife

Someone who actually understands that in order to get a free agent to sign, they actually have to want to do so.

Not a slight on anyone on this board, just venting from stupidity.

Sucks we couldn't get him, but oh well.

Since Lou is up in Toronto now and he loves his aging players, let's send Zubrus for Bozak. lol

Lou thinks Zubrus is much more valuable than that, better make it JVR.