2015 NHL Off-season Thread

Derlique

When a 21 yr old has a hiccup, you don't give up on him. IMO, dumb ass trade. So many kids stay a$$holes well into their mid 20's & beyond. Refuse to grow up.

+1

Bruins to me got greedy on that deal, thinking they can turn almost anything into gold. 

Edited by LOTCB

Devils trying to convince tlusty to come to camp. i love it.

really? Thats interesting and i like that.

Shero is clearly saying. "No jobs will be handed based on what you did before i was here. You'll have to prove yourself in camp."

This might push down Gionta which im okay with. I like his hustle and all but if we can get better you do it.

Another thing that i like about Shero is that is really cleaning the "bullsh!t" lets say. Even myself looking at what we had before... i was like... we have way too many typical bottom 6 guys... but they are all really good bottom 6 guys so you don't want to let them go cause they are doing a good job but there's only a few spots. Shero got rid of that extra weight right away. I'm still a bit sad to see Bernier not coming back i really liked him but at the same time i like that he took that decision that someone "invested sentimentally" (lets call it that) with the team couldnt do.

If Shero's Devils career is a book being written, we've barely read through the prologue at this point. It's going to be at least 2-3 years before we can really comment that much on what Shero's done.

Cleaning up the dead weight is the easy part though.  The true test of Shero will be how the Devils advance and get better going forward.  This will remain to be seen through the draft, signings, trades and patience.

Well it's not that easy considering we had the longest tenure GM in history with all the experience in the world and he couldn't do it. He was actually adding to it lol

If Shero's Devils career is a book being written, we've barely read through the prologue at this point. It's going to be at least 2-3 years before we can really comment that much on what Shero's done.

That's true but what we already know is that he has the right mindset right off the bat, that's a plus. And that's something Bruins fans can't say about their new GM

really? Thats interesting and i like that.

Shero is clearly saying. "No jobs will be handed based on what you did before i was here. You'll have to prove yourself in camp."

That's good and all, unless we miss out on Tlusty and he goes to tryout somewhere else in our division, like Pittsburgh, NYI, or Columbus. If that happens, I will have preferred he offered a fair but limited one year contract; we have nothing to lose really. It's pretty clear by now Tlusty doesn't want a PTO and I don't blame him.

Edited by DJ Eco

That's good and all, unless we miss out on Tlusty and he goes to tryout somewhere else in our division, like Pittsburgh, NYI, or Columbus. If that happens, I will have preferred he offered a fair but limited one year contract; we have nothing to lose really. It's pretty clear by now Tlusty doesn't want a PTO and I don't blame him.

Well it happened with Stralman and he didnt really hurt us too bad

According to McKenzie a couple of teams are kicking the tires on an offersheet for Huberdeau.  I suppose a "why not" attempt to get him to sign an offer sheet with an AAV of $3.6 million would be worth it.  Anything above that though involves next year's first round pick, which the Devils cannot give up. 

According to McKenzie a couple of teams are kicking the tires on an offersheet for Huberdeau. I suppose a "why not" attempt to get him to sign an offer sheet with an AAV of $3.6 million would be worth it. Anything above that though involves next year's first round pick, which the Devils cannot give up.

I can't imagine Florida not matching anything in that range.

Tax write off and an amazing ass kissing performance to get the "C" lol

Can't a guy be a nice guy?  I mean he just said he's giving 10 MILLION DOLLARS to a charity and it has to be about a tax write off and trying to get a captaincy?  He was probably gonna get it anyway but we don't have to cheapen a great gesture to making the community better.

Great on Subban.  This was a young guy that was widely considered a problem person and seems to have turned it around.  Much better of a guy than what a lot of asked around here to trade for that uses his money to keep possibly a possibly accosted woman quiet who was drafted the same year.

Can't a guy be a nice guy?  I mean he just said he's giving 10 MILLION DOLLARS to a charity and it has to be about a tax write off and trying to get a captaincy?  He was probably gonna get it anyway but we don't have to cheapen a great gesture to making the community better.

Great on Subban.  This was a young guy that was widely considered a problem person and seems to have turned it around.  Much better of a guy than what a lot of asked around here to trade for that uses his money to keep possibly a possibly accosted woman quiet who was drafted the same year.

People know i just don't like him so people know im just poking fun at the situation.

Tax write off and an amazing ass kissing performance to get the "C" lol

A $10 million dollar donation is nothing but beyond generous . 1 million would have been impressive for a hockey player. The guy just gave away about 15% of his current contract. 

Edited by Neb00rs

A $10 million dollar donation is nothing but beyond generous . 1 million would have been impressive for a hockey player. The guy just gave away about 15% of his current contract.

It's $10 million CDN though. Cheapskate. [emoji14]

Seriously though, PK Subban is awesome. They don't make many like that guy anymore.

Edited by MadDog2020

It's $10 million CDN though. Cheapskate. [emoji14]

Seriously though, PK Subban is awesome. They don't make many like that guy anymore.

So it's only $7.6 million US.  lol

Seriously, truly an awesome gesture on his part.  Truly giving back.