2015 NHL Off-season Thread

Derlique

Anyone seen the new Avs stadium series jerseys? Possibly the worst jerseys released to date. Absolutely horrific.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/pass-or-fail--colorado-avalanche-official-stadium-series-jersey-175707516.html

Just in case you missed it!

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9

Other than the stupid number of feet in a mile printed on the collar, I think they're fine. Sleeve numbers are a bit big, but I don't have much of an issue with these.

The number of feet in a mile is a little weird, but not a deal breaker.  Curious to see what the sleeve numbers look like when someone's actually wearing the jersey.  They may look better than they do right now.

Like the Rockies' secondary logo on the front of the jersey...I would've had an issue with the full Rockies' "Colorado state flag cut into the shape of a mountain" logo being used, but the secondary logo in the Avs' colors is a nice homage to both the state and its hockey history. 

I think its terrible.

Dont get the black collar. The logo has black but then on the white, also with the grey, clarret and blue there is just too much going on IMO. Also black names and clarret numbers?

The thirds they are going to be wearing this season are far better.

? - Henrique - Palmieri

Cammalerri - Zajac - Tlusty

Elias - ? - ?

Ruutu - Josefson - Tootoo

i believe Kennedy and Sislo will take a roster spots, Matteau will be at least an extra. That leaves two openings, Zacha will get the 9 games IMO and on a line with Elias makes sense. The last position is between Boucher or Quenneville and really, i like Quenneville. He is just a coaches player, so many small things that coaches love. I mentioned this during WJC camp.

Queneville/Boucher - Henrique - Palmieri

Elias - Zacha - Ruutu

Kennedy - Josefson - Tootoo

Matteau, Sislo

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

That's a big assumption that Gionta won't play opening night. I guess he isn't Hynes'guy but still. The most plausible scenario to me is giving JJ third line minutes and seeing how he handles them.

sh!t, I totally forgot him. i believe its between Gionta and Kennedy and the numbers seem to favour Kennedy.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

Hell, I would love to add both Kennedy and Stempniak, both were very strong possession players. 

Elias - Henrique - Palmieri

Stempniak - Zacha - Ruutu

Kennedy - Josefson - Tootoo

Hell, if we had another better option at 3rd line center I would really think NJ has a shot at the playoffs. They really aren't that bad of a team considering defense and goaltending.

Most likely opening night roster assuming Elias:

Cammalerri-Zajac-Tlusty

Elias-Henrique-Palmieri

Ruttu-Josefson-Stempniak

Matteau-Gionta-Tootoo

Kalinin/Kennedy

Zacha returned while Q, Sislo and Boucher start in Albany. It's not exciting but it's what will happen.

Q can't go to Albany, its NHL or bust, as far as I know

He is 19

I didn't realize the AHL had a cut off. I thought it was 18 if anything. So I guess he would have to back to juniors? I think that would be better than putting him on the Devils this year. When does he turn 20 and would he be able to play in Albany when he turns 20 or would he be stuck with his junior team for the duration of the season?

Edited by Jerzey Devil