Kinkaid

Some thoughts:

- I think Quenneville is more versatile/effective than Boucher

- Matteau has been eh

- Kennedy would be a solid 4th line addition

- Tootoo should be the 13th forward

- The Elias/Josefson/Ruutu line isn't amazing

Edited by Mayday

The prospective owner of the Vegas expansion team doesn't think the league will approve a franchise- not yet, anyway: http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/09/23/foley-not-expecting-vegas-expansion-approval-at-next-weeks-bog/?utm_network=facebook&utm_post=4292881&utm_source=FB%20-%20NHL%20on%20NBC%20Sports&utm_tags=srm%5Bhockey%2Carticle%5D

Edited by MadDog2020

The Coyotes are absolutely brutal in pre-season. Can't score fo schizzel. If this keeps up, very few STH will be sold. talk about crappy drafting.  Columbus is overrun with depth at fw. And Devils hired the guy that was responsible for drafting them. Feel sorry for yotes 

just read that there's already friction in the Leafs management. 

As we know Lou banned the sportscaster/commentator from travelling with the team. I guess Shanny was against the idea and made Lou come back on his decision. Now they can travel with the team again but Lou is not happy about it.

Then Shanny told the media that Nylander wasn't ready for the NHL, then Babcock didn't appreciate that Shanny was interfering with his work and doesn't agree.

There's too many strong characters there. On paper it looks good but they'll have to let go of their ego a bit if they want this thing to work

As we know Lou banned the sportscaster/commentator from travelling with the team. I guess Shanny was against the idea and made Lou come back on his decision. Now they can travel with the team again but Lou is not happy about it.

Then Shanny told the media that Nylander wasn't ready for the NHL, then Babcock didn't appreciate that Shanny was interfering with his work and doesn't agree.

There's too many strong characters there. On paper it looks good but they'll have to let go of their ego a bit if they want this thing to work

Agreed 100%. 

Lmfao, didn't take long did it?

he's so stubborn it's absolutely incredible. I get keeping your ground on stuff that REALLY matters or could affect players. But all those godamn rules that doesn't affect anything are simply ridiculous. He's creating more distractions by trying to avoid it at any cost

he's so stubborn it's absolutely incredible. I get keeping your ground on stuff that REALLY matters or could affect players. But all those godamn rules that doesn't affect anything are simply ridiculous. He's creating more distractions by trying to avoid it at any cost

Lou is going to have a short leash up there with that fan base.  There's more than a few people who see him as a dinosaur who has seen the game pass him by, and isn't capable of adapting or changing in even minute ways.  Though I obviously don't want to see the Leafs succeed at the Devils' expense, I didn't want to see Lou have a rough time up there either.  But more and more I'm thinking his tenure there is going to be a disaster.  When the "my way or no way" method is as cold, humorless and all-encompassing as Lou's, it's hard to get away with it if the results aren't there.  And Lou earned a lot of leeway here due to all of his prior success...he has no track record or currency with the Leafs franchise or fan base.  If they continue to suck, not sure how long Lou gets a pass up there. 

Read where?

It sounded like it was Shanahan and the owners that blinked first from the article.  I hate reading how others want Lou to compromise but really it's just that they want it their way and not for the team.  I always just saw any rules that Lou made were to make sure everyone bought into the team.  The whole problem with the Leafs since... well always was that they were too lenient.  Everyone was out for themselves and out for personal situations, but not the team.  I thought Shanahan understood the venture he was taking with Lou (the whole reason he had Lou as his first choice) but if all of these things are true, he is sorely mistaken.  Toronto is a tough market when you don't give the media what they want.  Lou was willing to accept it but Shanahan doesn't sound like he has the stomach.

It sounded like it was Shanahan and the owners that blinked first from the article.  I hate reading how others want Lou to compromise but really it's just that they want it their way and not for the team.  I always just saw any rules that Lou made were to make sure everyone bought into the team.  The whole problem with the Leafs since... well always was that they were too lenient.  Everyone was out for themselves and out for personal situations, but not the team.  I thought Shanahan understood the venture he was taking with Lou (the whole reason he had Lou as his first choice) but if all of these things are true, he is sorely mistaken.  Toronto is a tough market when you don't give the media what they want.  Lou was willing to accept it but Shanahan doesn't sound like he has the stomach.

others that want it "their way" ? Lou is the ONLY GM in the entire league, i could even add "in history" to do those things. It was the first time in history that the media team got kicked out of travelling with the team. There's no way to turn this around and say it's the other people that wants to do it their way here and not Lou. 

and the whole team thing i get what you're saying but that's way too oldschool and irrelevant towards the results. Did the Blackhawks not buy into the "team first" mentality in the last few years? they had beards and sh!t, they had # going over 30, they could use twitter etc etc etc. Bam! 3 cups.

It's not any different than some players that has some... post-game ritual that they really believes in. That it's talking to their sticks, singing Kumbaya while taping their pads, calling their cats or texting jesus. They all have their thing. They don't force it on other players cause they truly believe it works. That's what Lou is doing, he's simply convinced those things makes a difference cause he got results in the past while doing those things, and he's forcing those rules on his players.

having beards, having the media team on your flight, having the # 13, having a higher number than 30, not using twitter during the season etc etc is NOT making a difference on the ice. 29 teams are proving it every damn season.

Edited by SterioDesign

others that want it "their way" ? Lou is the ONLY GM in the entire league, i could even add "in history" to do those things. It was the first time in history that the media team got kicked out of travelling with the team. There's no way to turn this around and say it's the other people that wants to do it their way here and not Lou. 

I'm just saying in general.  When someone says, "Well the other guy should be willing to compromise" what does that entail?  Lou wants the team separated from the media during travel and the owners/Shanahan want to save 500k by having them on the plane.  Where is the compromise in that?  They only travel some of the time?  It's a binary option.

I understand that Lou is stubborn and excessively team first, but that is something the Leafs have never been.  It's two ends of the spectrum. He can compromise in a "Well if I let players wear high numbers, the media can't be on the plane" sort of thing but that isn't compromise, it's getting to gain.  Shanahan should have recognized that and if Lou was his first choice, he should have been expecting some culture shock.

They hired Lou.  They should have known what they were getting after his 28+ year tenure here in NJ.  He's a known commodity and at his age, he's not going to change. 

I still don't understand kicking off the team's announcers from the charter flights though.  It's not like Larry Brooks is flying with them writing his stupid articles and trying to stir some sh!t.  The team announcers aren't going to say anything to put the organization in a bad light for fear of losing their jobs. 

This is what I think of when I picture Lou in Toronto:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4myTpnDEirs

and the whole team thing i get what you're saying but that's way too oldschool and irrelevant towards the results. Did the Blackhawks not buy into the "team first" mentality in the last few years? they had beards and sh!t, they had # going over 30, they could use twitter etc etc etc. Bam! 3 cups.

It's not any different than some players that has some... post-game ritual that they really believes in. That it's talking to their sticks, singing Kumbaya while taping their pads, calling their cats or texting jesus. They all have their thing. They don't force it on other players cause they truly believe it works. That's what Lou is doing, he's simply convinced those things makes a difference cause he got results in the past while doing those things, and he's forcing those rules on his players.

having beards, having the media team on your flight, having the # 13, having a higher number than 30, not using twitter during the season etc etc is NOT making a difference on the ice. 29 teams are proving it every damn season.

Lou's not your problem anymore, so why get riled up about him?  Still don't understand why you keep killing him on his ways.  It's not like he's going to read any of this and say "Geez, SD and others are right, maybe I should quit it with this stuff".  Lou is who he is.  And yes, his ways and ideas may no longer work in today's NHL.  We'll find out very soon.

If there's a team that could actually benefit from any of Lou's "Does it really matter?" rules, I'd say it's the Leafs.  Do I think they will?  No.  Like I said, I think this whole thing up there is going to be a trainwreck...almost as bad as when Bjorn Borg decided to make a comeback and even insisted on using the same wooden racket.

Lou's not your problem anymore, so why get riled up about him?  Still don't understand why you keep killing him on his ways.  It's not like he's going to read any of this and say "Geez, SD and others are right, maybe I should quit it with this stuff".  Lou is who he is.  And yes, his ways and ideas may no longer work in today's NHL.  We'll find out very soon.

If there's a team that could actually benefit from any of Lou's "Does it really matter?" rules, I'd say it's the Leafs.  Do I think they will?  No.  Like I said, I think this whole thing up there is going to be a trainwreck...almost as bad as when Bjorn Borg decided to make a comeback and even insisted on using the same wooden racket.

this is an NHL topic, I don't just follow the Devils and im gonna call a cat a cat. That's about it. It's a topic like any other, i just happen to have more to say about it than about something else.

and we won't have to wait to find out. We did found out in the last few years.

I read a bunch of status on my fb this morning from Habs fans FURIOUS that TSN ranked Price only 3rd best player in the league, that he won the MVP so that he was the ultimate #1 no matter what. Wanna talk about that instead? 

Edited by SterioDesign

Lou's not your problem anymore, so why get riled up about him? Still don't understand why you keep killing him on his ways. It's not like he's going to read any of this and say "Geez, SD and others are right, maybe I should quit it with this stuff". Lou is who he is. And yes, his ways and ideas may no longer work in today's NHL. We'll find out very soon.

If there's a team that could actually benefit from any of Lou's "Does it really matter?" rules, I'd say it's the Leafs. Do I think they will? No. Like I said, I think this whole thing up there is going to be a trainwreck...almost as bad as when Bjorn Borg decided to make a comeback and even insisted on using the same wooden racket.

Gotta agree, he got what he wanted with Lou being gone and we still have to read his same comments. There is no reason to keep harping on stuff that is now in the past.

I'm enjoying the new changes and really looking forward to this season.