2015 NHL Off-season Thread

Even if they wanted to trade him, it seems to me that they couldn't unless he's cleared of the charges, at which point they'd want to keep him anyway. No one's going to give up the assets for someone who might end up serving a jail term, even if you could terminate his contract, a la Mike Richards, and who knows whether that would even work.

Well, five teams have reportedly contacted Chicago: http://m.thn.com/blog/report-blackhawks-have-been-contacted-by-five-teams-about-potential-patrick-kane-trade/
  • Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not going to watch highlights - I'm going to just tell you that Lundqvist saves a higher percentage of first shots than he does rebounds.   http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/introducing-the-shot-qu

Chicago will sign Mike Richards to replace Brad Richards and he'll have the game winning goal to clinch the Stanley Cup next June for the Hawks. You heard it here first.

The money is just shifting from over 30 UFA monster deals to young players who have a chance to living up to the contract. Think the league is in better shape this way.

Yeah, I noticed that a little while after my post.  Still, no one's going to trade for him until they're sure that charges won't be filed, so I'm sure any sort of tire kicking included that caveat.  At that point, notwithstanding the stuff about Chicago not liking his attitude, I don't think Chicago trades him. 

Yeah, I noticed that a little while after my post. Still, no one's going to trade for him until they're sure that charges won't be filed, so I'm sure any sort of tire kicking included that caveat. At that point, notwithstanding the stuff about Chicago not liking his attitude, I don't think Chicago trades him.

I don't think they do either.

I don't care if Kane came to NJ and said the beaches smelled like sh!t.. if we could get a few years of prime Patrick Kane I'd take him in a heartbeat

..unless of course, he's actually convicted of raping that woman.  In which case he'll probably be watching the playoffs from jail anyway.

They have made those trades and lived to tell about it. They had an interesting summer. Odd. But should still field a competitive roster.

I disagree.  They're going downhill fast.  Core is aging.  Might be in a similar situation to the Devils or Flyers in 2-3 years.  

In other news.  http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=777987&navid=nhl:topheads

Salvador likely to announce retirement.  

There was no way that Salvador is going to play another year with the Devils, let alone the NHL.  He was done after last season tbh, or like two years ago.  Two forty game seasons due to injury coupled with pretty poor play.  He wasn't even good on the PK when he did play.  He should have retired after last season.  I am greatly curious in whether or not Shero gave him a push in that direction.  

He has mentioned(end of this season or last, can't remember) that he's had recurring foot and back issues.  A average defenseman at an advanced age is NOT going to hold up with injury issues like that.  I wish Sal the best in whatever he decides to do in life after hockey and thank him for his insane 2012 playoff performance (even though it earned him a contract he did not deserve or could really live up to).

Discuss.

I disagree.  They're going downhill fast.  Core is aging.  Might be in a similar situation to the Devils or Flyers in 2-3 years.  

In other news.  http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=777987&navid=nhl:topheadsSalvador likely to announce retirement.  

There was no way that Salvador is going to play another year with the Devils, let alone the NHL.  He was done after last season tbh, or like two years ago.  Two forty game seasons due to injury coupled with pretty poor play.  He wasn't even good on the PK when he did play.  He should have retired after last season.  I am greatly curious in whether or not Shero gave him a push in that direction.  

He has mentioned(end of this season or last, can't remember) that he's had recurring foot and back issues.  A average defenseman at an advanced age is NOT going to hold up with injury issues like that.  I wish Sal the best in whatever he decides to do in life after hockey and thank him for his insane 2012 playoff performance (even though it earned him a contract he did not deserve or could really live up to).

Discuss.

You are so absolutely correct about Sal. What's there really to discuss, he is done whether he agoes or not. Shero should be telling him no to playing for the Devils

You make a very good point but as I said all management and ownership supported thethe trade.

From a general perspective, I agree that sometimes you have to cut bait with players. But not super talents like Seguin, not at 21. The problem with Boston is that they've done this four times in 10 years now. Thornton, Kessel, Seguin, Hamilton. You have to start wondering if the culture of the franchise isn't in the wrong rather than young players that can't behave or fit in. 

Coyotes Acquire d-man Stefan Elliott from COL in exchange for d-man Brandon Gormley.

https://twitter.com/AZCoyotesNews/status/641793827087384577

Gormley panned out to a 95 overall defenseman in my NHL 15 franchise.. Shame we couldn't have gotten him.

/sarcasm

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I almost wish we picked up Franson instead of Moore, but Moore was likely the safer signing.  

I'm assuming you mean safe as in he could easily be signed, because Franson is a billion times better than Moore.

Edited by Marshall

When a 21 yr old has a hiccup, you don't give up on him. IMO, dumb ass trade. So many kids stay a$$holes well into their mid 20's & beyond. Refuse to grow up.

+1

Bruins to me got greedy on that deal, thinking they can turn almost anything into gold. 

Edited by LOTCB

Devils trying to convince tlusty to come to camp. i love it.

really? Thats interesting and i like that.

Shero is clearly saying. "No jobs will be handed based on what you did before i was here. You'll have to prove yourself in camp."

This might push down Gionta which im okay with. I like his hustle and all but if we can get better you do it.

Another thing that i like about Shero is that is really cleaning the "bullsh!t" lets say. Even myself looking at what we had before... i was like... we have way too many typical bottom 6 guys... but they are all really good bottom 6 guys so you don't want to let them go cause they are doing a good job but there's only a few spots. Shero got rid of that extra weight right away. I'm still a bit sad to see Bernier not coming back i really liked him but at the same time i like that he took that decision that someone "invested sentimentally" (lets call it that) with the team couldnt do.

If Shero's Devils career is a book being written, we've barely read through the prologue at this point. It's going to be at least 2-3 years before we can really comment that much on what Shero's done.

Cleaning up the dead weight is the easy part though.  The true test of Shero will be how the Devils advance and get better going forward.  This will remain to be seen through the draft, signings, trades and patience.

Well it's not that easy considering we had the longest tenure GM in history with all the experience in the world and he couldn't do it. He was actually adding to it lol

If Shero's Devils career is a book being written, we've barely read through the prologue at this point. It's going to be at least 2-3 years before we can really comment that much on what Shero's done.

That's true but what we already know is that he has the right mindset right off the bat, that's a plus. And that's something Bruins fans can't say about their new GM

really? Thats interesting and i like that.

Shero is clearly saying. "No jobs will be handed based on what you did before i was here. You'll have to prove yourself in camp."

That's good and all, unless we miss out on Tlusty and he goes to tryout somewhere else in our division, like Pittsburgh, NYI, or Columbus. If that happens, I will have preferred he offered a fair but limited one year contract; we have nothing to lose really. It's pretty clear by now Tlusty doesn't want a PTO and I don't blame him.

Edited by DJ Eco