Derlique

2015 NHL Off-season Thread

That's a big assumption that Gionta won't play opening night. I guess he isn't Hynes'guy but still. The most plausible scenario to me is giving JJ third line minutes and seeing how he handles them.

sh!t, I totally forgot him. i believe its between Gionta and Kennedy and the numbers seem to favour Kennedy.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

Hell, I would love to add both Kennedy and Stempniak, both were very strong possession players. 

Elias - Henrique - Palmieri

Cammalerri - Zajac - Tlusty

Stempniak - Zacha - Ruutu

Kennedy - Josefson - Tootoo

Hell, if we had another better option at 3rd line center I would really think NJ has a shot at the playoffs. They really aren't that bad of a team considering defense and goaltending.

sh!t, I totally forgot him. i believe its between Gionta and Kennedy and the numbers seem to favour Kennedy.

rgg6k.jpg

Most likely opening night roster assuming Elias:

Cammalerri-Zajac-Tlusty

Elias-Henrique-Palmieri

Ruttu-Josefson-Stempniak

Matteau-Gionta-Tootoo

Kalinin/Kennedy

Zacha returned while Q, Sislo and Boucher start in Albany. It's not exciting but it's what will happen.

Most likely opening night roster assuming Elias:

Cammalerri-Zajac-Tlusty

Elias-Henrique-Palmieri

Ruttu-Josefson-Stempniak

Matteau-Gionta-Tootoo

Kalinin/Kennedy

Zacha returned while Q, Sislo and Boucher start in Albany. It's not exciting but it's what will happen.

Q can't go to Albany, its NHL or bust, as far as I know

He is 19

I didn't realize the AHL had a cut off. I thought it was 18 if anything. So I guess he would have to back to juniors? I think that would be better than putting him on the Devils this year. When does he turn 20 and would he be able to play in Albany when he turns 20 or would he be stuck with his junior team for the duration of the season?

Edited by Jerzey Devil

I'd like to keep one of the kids whether it be Zacha/Quenneville up for 9 games. IMO they are competing against each other for that spot. You could do both if KENNEDY! (sorry, wwe) stuck around as the ole Lou black-ace ala Albelin for those 9 games than jumped into the roster. 

Flyers and Rangers did a practice of 3 on 3 ot after their game. Are we doing this at all? It really was too small of a segment to judge this yet.

Yes tonight regardless of the score

Cammalleri - Zajac - Tlusty

Quenneville - Henrique - Palmieri

Elias - Josefson - Ruutu

Matteau - XXX - Kennedy

Tootoo

XXX = Kalinin, O'Brien, Gionta, etc.

Greene - Larsson

Severson - Merrill

Gelinas - Schlemko

Moore

Schneider

Kinkaid

Some thoughts:

- I think Quenneville is more versatile/effective than Boucher

- Matteau has been eh

- Kennedy would be a solid 4th line addition

- Tootoo should be the 13th forward

- The Elias/Josefson/Ruutu line isn't amazing

Edited by Mayday

The prospective owner of the Vegas expansion team doesn't think the league will approve a franchise- not yet, anyway: http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/09/23/foley-not-expecting-vegas-expansion-approval-at-next-weeks-bog/?utm_network=facebook&utm_post=4292881&utm_source=FB%20-%20NHL%20on%20NBC%20Sports&utm_tags=srm%5Bhockey%2Carticle%5D

Edited by MadDog2020

The Coyotes are absolutely brutal in pre-season. Can't score fo schizzel. If this keeps up, very few STH will be sold. talk about crappy drafting.  Columbus is overrun with depth at fw. And Devils hired the guy that was responsible for drafting them. Feel sorry for yotes 

just read that there's already friction in the Leafs management. 

As we know Lou banned the sportscaster/commentator from travelling with the team. I guess Shanny was against the idea and made Lou come back on his decision. Now they can travel with the team again but Lou is not happy about it.

Then Shanny told the media that Nylander wasn't ready for the NHL, then Babcock didn't appreciate that Shanny was interfering with his work and doesn't agree.

There's too many strong characters there. On paper it looks good but they'll have to let go of their ego a bit if they want this thing to work

Maybe that's why there is a chance that rumour about Zajac could be true (chance or not... depends how much you like the player) 

As we know Lou banned the sportscaster/commentator from travelling with the team. I guess Shanny was against the idea and made Lou come back on his decision. Now they can travel with the team again but Lou is not happy about it.

Then Shanny told the media that Nylander wasn't ready for the NHL, then Babcock didn't appreciate that Shanny was interfering with his work and doesn't agree.

There's too many strong characters there. On paper it looks good but they'll have to let go of their ego a bit if they want this thing to work

Agreed 100%. 

Lmfao, didn't take long did it?

he's so stubborn it's absolutely incredible. I get keeping your ground on stuff that REALLY matters or could affect players. But all those godamn rules that doesn't affect anything are simply ridiculous. He's creating more distractions by trying to avoid it at any cost