William D'Aquila

The organization is under attack

Lou was awesome as our GM. Lou is one of a kind. But there are more then one way to skin a cat. Lou picked Shero as his successor. We should allow him to build the organization in his way. In Lou we trust because its his guy

Lou is a sinecure

So what if he does little now, move on. If you love him so much then how about support the damn GM he appointed.

1.Lou is going to be 73 and is Shero's boss. He still has a loud, influential voice within the organization

2. Who cares, what does Marty bring to the organization anymore? The answer is nothing

3. No big loss. Stevens is not exactly Larry Robinson as a defensive coach.

The organization is going through a long overdue transition. Marty is still on good terms, will get his number retired. Stevens I'm sure will eventually be brought back into the fold in some capacity. Nothing to be alarmed about here.

OMG. I agree with 7 again

OK, William D'Aquila, the The organization isn't under attack!

Change is taking place, long over due.

Missed the playoffs 4 out of 5 years and 3 in a row.

What would you have done? Stayed with Lou? Why?

Owners frustrated, Fans frustrated, Hockey world laughing.

It was time!

Be Thankful that the owners kept Lou on as President with zero responsiblility out of kindness.

A systematic deletion of our history is occurring, and we are becoming Penguins east. A franchise that has underachieved considering its talent level.

I would have kept Lou, he has a plan, and the plan is working.

Goalie situation is ideal

Defense is blossoming, and potentially is going to get stronger through the draft

Offense is a mess, but we aren't as devoid of talent as you think.

I really do believe we are 2 top 6 forwards away from being a playoff team, and I think one of those forwards is Phil Kessel. 

Whoa whoa whoa, our history is deleted?!

Man the Stanley Cup is gonna look really bad with all those X's over our now void championship years...

Tis a dark dark day...

A systematic deletion of our history is occurring, and we are becoming Penguins east. A franchise that has underachieved considering its talent level.

I would have kept Lou, he has a plan, and the plan is working.

Goalie situation is ideal

Defense is blossoming, and potentially is going to get stronger through the draft

Offense is a mess, but we aren't as devoid of talent as you think.

I really do believe we are 2 top 6 forwards away from being a playoff team, and I think one of those forwards is Phil Kessel.

To be honest you are right in a lot of ways.

Acquiring Phil Kessel would bring us to te playoffs for sure. We have to find a way to get him for the right price.

To be honest you are right in a lot of ways.

Acquiring Phil Kessel would bring us to te playoffs for sure. We have to find a way to get him for the right price.

Phil Kessel is not the difference between us and playoffs, and he's not coming for the right price. He'll cost alot

In what planet is the offense 'not as bad' as we think?! Cammy is a low end 1st liner. Henrique is barely a 2nd line player. Elias is almost older than our head coach.

Who the tittyfvcking else is part of this 'not too bad' offense?

This stupid thread..annoying. anyone seem to consider maybe the job was becoming a bit much for the guy to handle and he was ready to take a step back for personal reasons.. he is human maybe he wants to enjoy some family time or other things a 70+year old man enjoys ...

This stupid thread..annoying. anyone seem to consider maybe the job was becoming a bit much for the guy to handle and he was ready to take a step back for personal reasons.. he is human maybe he wants to enjoy some family time or other things a 70+year old man enjoys ...

Lou wasn't going to bail out on the team after they hit rock bottom during the home finale last year, but by the same token that probably was the last straw to prod management to make changes.

I was perfectly willing to give Lou another year, but if you were at the home finale (and at the majority of the sad sack games last year) you can't really argue against not giving him another year.

Edited by NJDevs26

Lou wasn't going to bail out on the team after they hit rock bottom during the home finale last year, but by the same token that probably was the last straw to prod management to make changes.

I was perfectly willing to give Lou another year, but if you were at the home finale (and at the majority of the sad sack games last year) you can't really argue against not giving him another year.

The issue is that fixing this team will take more than one year. Lou is 72 and will be 73 the first month of the season. Any GM we go into this season with not only has to be willing to be here for the next 3-5 years, but also willing to endure a few really bad seasons in the next couple of years. Even if Lou were doing a great job, maybe he just wasn't willing to take on that assignment at this point in his career.

The issue is that fixing this team will take more than one year. Lou is 72 and will be 73 the first month of the season. Any GM we go into this season with not only has to be willing to be here for the next 3-5 years, but also willing to endure a few really bad seasons in the next couple of years. Even if Lou were doing a great job, maybe he just wasn't willing to take on that assignment at this point in his career.

exactly the direction i was going.. people talk about this like the guy is 50 years old... he is up there in age im surprised he hasnt retired at this point all together. It was time for him to take a lesser role..has nothing to do with him doing either a great job or a sh!t one.. the man has got to be tired at this point

Phil Kessel is not the difference between us and playoffs, and he's not coming for the right price. He'll cost alot

Maybe you are right but maybe i am. I believe that this team dont need that much to be a playoff team. With a gamebreaker superstar forward they could make it. We dont have that player and Phil Kessel is that type of player like it or not.

Offense and speed is our problem... Kessel bring both asset to our lineup.

Bring matteau in and dump an old bot skating forward and we are going in the right way.

I dont think kessel bring us to stanley cup contender.... But at least bring us to playoff.

Maybe you are right but maybe i am. I believe that this team dont need that much to be a playoff team. With a gamebreaker superstar forward they could make it. We dont have that player and Phil Kessel is that type of player like it or not.

Bring matteau in and dump an old bot skating forward and we are going in the right way.

I dont think kessel bring us to stanley cup contender.... But at least bring us to playoff.

I dont want to just make the playoffs I want to win the cup and its going to take more than Kessel to do that.  I rather build a cup contender than a first round exit team

The issue is yea, it may get you back into the playoff discussion, and once your in anything can happen. But that team still has serious flaws with Kessel that make it a longshot at really contending.

The sort of structural flaws that are going to dictate a full tear down of the offensive group to fix. So why throw good assets after Kessel when the upside is playoffs, not a cup,

and the end game is quite similar to the position they are in now. Only the young defense is a couple years older, and further out of sync age wise with where the forwards should/could be without trading for Kessel.

Figure that by the time the team may be ready contend with Kessel is say 4 years post trade, Phil will be on the wrong side of 30, and far on the wrong side of a goal scorers career arc.

The trap here is to not be the Maple leafs of the Early 00's and think that the core group is held together by anything more than duct tape and keep adding to it.

there are certain problems with kessel.. i would take him and like to have him here if they retain some of that salary which rumor mill says they are willing to do and if we didnt have to ship out too much to get him. Long story short some team is going to end up most likely giving too much for him and i hope it isnt us we can go a different direction. Lets all be honest here..kessel is exactly what we need and would help this team out dramatically and i believe he would help some of the other players on his line shine a bit brighter as well..but the guy has a poor attitude and he is just a total BITCH. I dont think his personality would be too great for our locker room..and thats the only reason i wouldnt want him to come.

In what planet is the offense 'not as bad' as we think?! Cammy is a low end 1st liner. Henrique is barely a 2nd line player. Elias is almost older than our head coach.

Who the tittyfvcking else is part of this 'not too bad' offense?

The offense is horrendous. We have one low first liner, one second liner, and a ton of third and fourths. We have at least 3 guys that probably don't make an NHL roster if another team. We had ONE 20 goal scorer. We had only 6 double digit goal scorers, and two were Bernier and Tootoo.

That is one giant turd of an offense.

Anyone who thinks its "not as bad" as we think either knows nothing or is completely deluded.

That being said, I have said previously that with one offensive stud and one additional 20-25 goal guy, we'd probably sneak into the playoffs if Cory does like he does.

I understand the guy is a blowhard, but once again Bill Waters was saying that if there were a team that would be willing to take his salary, he'd basically give him away. (Kessel himself might have that in mind based on his list of teams he'd accept a trade to, none of which have the cap space for him). I mention someone like Bill Waters as I imagine there are enough people in the league that make decisions that share his mindset, and perceive Kessel as having a lot less value than evidently the Toronto front office believes he has.

That's why it would be worth it to try and land him with a total low ball offer. There aren't that many teams that have the long term cap space for him. And probably fewer among those teams that even want him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk