Shero announces another assistant coach Geoff Ward

BostonNala370

He's been with Boston too when they were good.  I like this signing more than Nas because he has a lot of NHL asst experience.  A head coach and his right hand are so young, they needed some experience.  So Nas is the D and PK, This guy is going to cover F and PP?  With how many assistants the Devils have had in the past (especially last year) it feels like they should be getting a Barr type.  Is he still on the payroll?

He's been with Boston too when they were good.  I like this signing more than Nas because he has a lot of NHL asst experience.  A head coach and his right hand are so young, they needed some experience.  So Nas is the D and PK, This guy is going to cover F and PP?  With how many assistants the Devils have had in the past (especially last year) it feels like they should be getting a Barr type.  Is he still on the payroll?

I think Barr left when DeBoer left, not positive however.

All the morons on HF are going crazy because Hynes didn't choose Stevens. I really hate our fanbase sometimes. Is it really surprising that Hynes picks the staff that he wants.

To be honest I didn't like Stevens as our D coach. He may be a good mentor but our defensemen have to be more active in the neutral zone ane I did not see that under his watch. I am glad we have a clean slate to work with.

Well -- he'll be sensitive to egos, but we still have the very real danger not of kind old veteran assistant but an actual take over -- but unlike a Stevens, Ward will guaranteed successfully take over.  It's as if Stevens jogged Shero's memory of Ward.  Part of me likes that -- btu I HATE to see a born leader be a namby pamby to a short bald lipless douche.  I fvcking hate Hynes... can't contain it.  :evil:

All the morons on HF are going crazy because Hynes didn't choose Stevens. I really hate our fanbase sometimes. Is it really surprising that Hynes picks the staff that he wants.

To be honest I didn't like Stevens as our D coach. He may be a good mentor but our defensemen have to be more active in the neutral zone ane I did not see that under his watch. I am glad we have a clean slate to work with.

I don't post there because I'd have been banned a long time ago. That place is a sh!t show.

Hynes if for sh!t.  Why the hell didnt' we go with Ward?  I hate this... I hate dicking around givin' the kid a shot. Wasting even more valuable time.  fvck your buddies personal development!  You PICKED fvckIN G WARD!!!!!  YOU KNOW HYNES IS PROBABLY NOT MAKING IT!  Oh man.... this fvcking blows...  on paper --- this just blows

Who better to manage the AHLers than an AHL coach -- THEN YOU HAVE A fvckING AHL TEAM IN THE NHL, JACKASS!!!!!!

:argh:  :argh:  O

M

fvcking GGGGGGGG!!!

You do know I think it would have been a terrible terrible mistake to have picked Stevens dont you?  I'm on your ass because you don't understand the situation, Stevens or his coaching style and are mouthing off like you do.

Now I ...  I am merely venting about Hynes.  I'm making a sh!t call based on nothing.  You on the other hand are massaging the facts to suit your whim.  You dont understand the players in the Devils arsenal but since we're stuck with them you're blaming the ousted guy after the fact.  SO HA!  :evil:   

(I hope you dont mind and put this into the context it belongs... UNLIKE STEVENS COACHING CONTEXT WHICH IS JUST ALL MESSED UP IN YOUR BOOK!  :P  I'm kidding.... :evil:)

Edited by Pepperkorn

Well -- you can't select coaching around my hero.  Although a Ward Stevens combo might have been nice... probably not though.  Stevens just doesn't have enough experience.  I'm not entirely convinced he'd actually enjoy coaching anyhow. He's a teacher and a seer  - but I just have never seen the coach in him.  He takes things too personally and that's who he is - not something he can unteach himself. I dont know how he can marry the two pretty divergent parts of himself.  Nothing good can come of him forcing that balance - it just has to float gracefully like a bubble balance.  Blahhh... but who cares ....

I am really not liking Hynes though.  it's a touch off... and I can now tell Shero knows it too.  :argh:

Hynes if for sh!t.  Why the hell didnt' we go with Ward?  I hate this... I hate dicking around givin' the kid a shot. Wasting even more valuable time.  fvck your buddies personal development!  You PICKED fvckIN G WARD!!!!!  YOU KNOW HYNES IS PROBABLY NOT MAKING IT!  Oh man.... this fvcking blows...  on paper --- this just blows

Who better to manage the AHLers than an AHL coach -- THEN YOU HAVE A fvckING AHL TEAM IN THE NHL, JACKASS!!!!!!

:argh:  :argh:  O

M

fvcking GGGGGGGG!!!

I hope you were saying the same thing about Jon Cooper

Stevens is I believe a big reason why we saw so much of Fraser. While he did seem to be a big proponent of Larsson blossoming, Merrill and Gelinas were still pretty inconsistent even right up to the end of the year. I'm becoming excited at the thought that there might be more player changes than we expect based on the early moves in management already.

Stevens is I believe a big reason why we saw so much of Fraser. While he did seem to be a big proponent of Larsson blossoming, Merrill and Gelinas were still pretty inconsistent even right up to the end of the year. I'm becoming excited at the thought that there might be more player changes than we expect based on the early moves in management already.

The one thing Stevens did was take a player who was playing well before PDB was fired (Larsson) and upped his ice time. Then the pucks started going in when Larsson was on the ice at an unsustainable rate, and boom, Stevens = God, make him head coach yadda yadda. 

Like coldply says, the rest was a disaster. 

Edited by Marshall

Doesn't make sense for Stevens to stay on. He was "head coach" here for half a season - I doubt he falls back to assistant gracefully, especially with his ego..

Awkward situation avoided. Don't need him storming off mid-season like he did with PDB.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I lurk but I do not post there for the same reason MD2020 has, I would get banned within a day.  That place is not much better than FB or twitter.  There is a decent chunk of the fanbase that blames everything under the sun on the new owners and HF boards seems to be popular with that crowd.  I swear for these people time just stopped in 2003.

I lurk but I do not post there for the same reason MD2020 has, I would get banned within a day.  That place is not much better than FB or twitter.  There is a decent chunk of the fanbase that blames everything under the sun on the new owners and HF boards seems to be popular with that crowd.  I swear for these people time just stopped in 2003.

God why does that sound so freaking familiar about a poster or two here...

I love Stevens, but what this team needs is a new regime and a new attitude, the old one wasn't working. Radical changes were (and still are) needed.

Now give them a couple forwards to coach...

This is pretty much how I feel -- but I'm really anxious. 

Part of me loves the whole new blood thing -- I mean absolutely no preconceived notions since they're not even in the NHL fray.  It's not a reload -- it's a whole new gun! Exciting but scares the sh!t out of me especially since it's the Pens. It's hard for me to think it's not a whole new gun but the Penguins - without the stars they were bequeathed due to a philosophy of failure.  I hope we didn't hold onto the failure part.

My only gripe with the Stevens thing is: why attack Stevens performance, just because the fit is wrong?  It's wrong because of the chemistry, not because of his abilities or any bad choices he made as a coach. AND Nothing he's done tells me has an ego problem.  Just get it right.  I like change based on truth -- not some fiction that spells failure if it is to be truly believed. Saying it's not the performance but the man is legitimate.  White washing it and making the man out to be unskilled is a losers choice.  No one in the Devils organization is lying about it -- why do many people here feel they must?  

Hynes will be worse with Stevens under him.  and that's all there is to it -- not Stevens sucks and will make everyone around him suck.  Not Stevens doesn't knowhow to coach and his ego will prevent him from listening to Hynes.  No.  Stevens always listens and actaully doesn't speak up even when he knows he probably should.  I dont understand how you all dont know how quiet he is

This is pretty much how I feel -- but I'm really anxious.

Part of me loves the whole new blood thing -- I mean absolutely no preconceived notions since they're not even in the NHL fray. It's not a reload -- it's a whole new gun! Exciting but scares the sh!t out of me especially since it's the Pens. It's hard for me to think it's not a whole new gun but the Penguins - without the stars they were bequeathed due to a philosophy of failure. I hope we didn't hold onto the failure part.

My only gripe with the Stevens thing is: why attack Stevens performance, just because the fit is wrong? It's wrong because of the chemistry, not because of his abilities or any bad choices he made as a coach. AND Nothing he's done tells me has an ego problem. Just get it right. I like change based on truth -- not some fiction that spells failure if it is to be truly believed. Saying it's not the performance but the man is legitimate. White washing it and making the man out to be unskilled is a losers choice. No one in the Devils organization is lying about it -- why do many people here feel they must?

Hynes will be worse with Stevens under him. and that's all there is to it -- not Stevens sucks and will make everyone around him suck. Not Stevens doesn't knowhow to coach and his ego will prevent him from listening to Hynes. No. Stevens always listens and actaully doesn't speak up even when he knows he probably should. I dont understand how you all dont know how quiet he is

Stevens was paid a fair wage to coach, it's not like he donated his time. With that comes the understanding that your results will be scrutinized.

In many ways deboer got the same treatment. I mean there's only so much a coach can do with the talent they have. But I'm sorry what else are you supposed to judge a coach on other than results?

Nobody is diminishing Stevens' contributions to the org over the years, and I'm sure everyone hopes he gets another opportunity. But the results did not in any way justify him staying, only loyalty did.

Doesn't make sense for Stevens to stay on. He was "head coach" here for half a season - I doubt he falls back to assistant gracefully, especially with his ego..

Awkward situation avoided. Don't need him storming off mid-season like he did with PDB.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Per EJ Hradek,  Scott Stevens will be staying with the Devils organization, unknown to where he will be placed. Suggestions/speulations about a front office seat, to even coaching in Albany.

That is all I have for now.

Per EJ Hradek,  Scott Stevens will be staying with the Devils organization, unknown to where he will be placed. Suggestions/speulations about a front office seat, to even coaching in Albany.

That is all I have for now.

I had a feeling he was going to Albany.  Get him head coaching experience and see how he does with the new way the organization is going.