Dougie Hamilton traded to Calgary

SterioDesign

Sweeney actually did very well on the Lucic trade. a mid-first and a good young goaltender in Jones was a fantastic return. Problem is they have Tuukka Rask, so should be be surprised if Jones asks for a trade?

With the recent moves Boston has made (even the Rinaldo one outlines their philosophy), I think Boston honestly has a more bleak future than us. Rask=Schneider, I like our D a lot better and I think the U25 forwards are comparable

Pastrnak is better than any forward in our system at this point.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweeney actually did very well on the Lucic trade. a mid-first and a good young goaltender in Jones was a fantastic return. Problem is they have Tuukka Rask, so should be be surprised if Jones asks for a trade?

They did retain half of Lucic' salary, which is very problematic for them.

They did retain half of Lucic' salary, which is very problematic for them.

He only has this year left on his deal, and it appears that the retained salary doesn't force Boston to do or not do something they otherwise would.  So if you're of the belief that he's declining, it was a pretty good haul, notwithstanding whether you believe Boston blew it with who they selected. 

This was a great deal for Boston. Hamilton got to pad his stats playing with Chara. But paying him $7 million a season for one years experience is nuts. Had Boston done a better job drafting this was a steal for the Bruins.

He was asking for 5.5, not 7. It's an awful trade for the Bruins. And it's worse when you consider they traded Hamilton to Calgary just to spite Chiarelli, who was gonna offer sheet him. They never even let teams know Hamilton was available. If Shero did something like this, I'd be in his office with a noose.

He was asking for 5.5, not 7. It's an awful trade for the Bruins. And it's worse when you consider they traded Hamilton to Calgary just to spite Chiarelli, who was gonna offer sheet him. They never even let teams know Hamilton was available. If Shero did something like this, I'd be in his office with a noose.

You are incorrect sir.  Boston was asking for $5.5, Hamilton wanted $7.5 per year.

"Boston offered the 22-year-old defenseman a six-year, $33 million contract, according to Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman. Hamilton then countered with an offer that was around $2 million per year higher." 

AGAIN:  He is not worth $7.5 million a year.   Great move by the B's trading him while his value was overstated.

You are incorrect sir. Boston was asking for $5.5, Hamilton wanted $7.5 per year.

"Boston offered the 22-year-old defenseman a six-year, $33 million contract, according to Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman. Hamilton then countered with an offer that was around $2 million per year higher."

AGAIN: He is not worth $7.5 million a year. Great move by the B's trading him while his value was overstated.

He signed in Calgary for less than $6 million per, he deliberately overpriced himself with the Bruins to get off a sinking ship.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'm in agreement with Hasan. There are two sides to a story. Hamilton's agent wanted more than what he got from Boston and knew they couldn't afford it. It was still a awful return for a future All-Star who will be top 10 D soon. At least Sweeney did well getting a 1st back from San Jose for Jones.

He signed in Calgary for less than $6 million per, he deliberately overpriced himself with the Bruins to get off a sinking ship.

Sorry, but I disagree.  He is leaving a major market because he priced himself out and now he is getting considerably less based on the weaker Canadian Dollar and higher taxes.

Time will tell.  But now they have to pay Giordano.

Edited by MantaRay

Sorry, but I disagree.  He is leaving a major market because he priced himself out and now he is getting considerably less based on the weaker Canadian Dollar and higher taxes.

They have all sorts of room to pay Giordano Manta. They had like over $25 million. They are gonna be loaded for the future. They'll have to pay Giordano and trade one of the other defensemen with Monahan and Gaudreau RFA next summer.

They don't get paid in $CAD. With the dollar tanking, he's going to be living in Calgary tax free pretty much. 

After thinking about this apparently terrible deal for a few days.. it must be as others have already stated.  There was something else going on here.

I think other GMs must've known DH wanted out of Boston, and the offers must've been pretty bad as a result.