titans04

Gomez, Clemmensen, Bernier gone

I wouldn't be surprised if Zacha gets the 9 games but to me he has to be one of the best 7 forwards on the team to make it.  He has to be capable of putting up 35-40 points per 82 games immediately with good attention to defense.  And I don't see that as likely.

i agree that it is highly unlikely, but I would argue that he has to be one of the 4 or 5 best forwards to stay. basically, he has to have a sean monihan start where he's getting at least 2 shots a game and there is no doubt about it.

i'd like to see him up but whats the point? we won't be competitive for a few more years. Why not keep on for cheap for 1 or 2 extra year? It could be a big difference with our cap when it's time to re-sign him depending on who we have now

Havlat, Ryder, and Sal are all UFA aren't they? This is to give guys like Josefson, Matteau, Boucher, etc playing time. Let's see what they have.

I thought Havlat was UFA cuz we only signed him to a 1yr deal if I remember, but I thought the others weren't.  I could be wrong, and if that's the case, then it's not as bad I suppose.

I am all for giving those guys more playing time, but in the case of Josefson he was pretty much a regular for most of last season anyway, so I still think we would be thin.

I think josefson emerges as a top 6 forward this year. I don't know why, I just have a feeling.

this is what im hoping too, I mean he still has plenty of time to develop or find some potential, hes young, people should be more worried about Zajac and Henrique than JJ taking a job from Gomer

this is what im hoping too, I mean he still has plenty of time to develop or find some potential, hes young, people should be more worried about Zajac and Henrique than JJ taking a job from Gomer

Well, Henrique's only one year older than Josefson and led the team in points last season lol... It didn't feel that way because it was only 43 points so it was fairly sporadic, but I think Henrique's pushing his weight.

Well, Henrique's only one year older than Josefson and led the team in points last season lol... It didn't feel that way because it was only 43 points so it was fairly sporadic, but I think Henrique's pushing his weight.

Yeah, besides that, JJ isn't taking a job from Gomez... that's been my whole point and worry all along.  Three or four years ago JJ was definitely bouncing up and down from the AHL to the NHL, but he, for the most part, was a staple on this team last season (62 games), as was Gomez (58).  They weren't linemates, but they definitely were in the starting lineup together more often than not.

Also, in related news, Palmieri officially has Gomez's #21 next year.