Devils 2015 4th Round Pick - D Colton White

thefiestygoat

18 year old D for Sault Ste. Marie (OHL), here's his Elite Prospects page. Here's a prospect profile I wrote on him in May. Based on what I've read so far, I like the pick.

Brock Otten of OHL Prospects:

Absolutely massive potential. White is just scratching the surface of what he's capable of in the OHL. He's a fantastic skater who only needs a few strides to get to full speed when exiting his own zone. At times this year, he showed an ability to gain entry into the offensive end with ease, but simply needs to gain the confidence to do this with regularity. I think he also profiles as a power play quarterback based on his ability to keep pucks in at the blue line and by how well he sees the ice on the point. Improving his shot will be critical though. Defensively, he uses his mobility to stay ahead of forwards off the rush and is not afraid of taking the body to take forwards out of the play. Adding strength is a priority to make him more efficient in the corners, but he shows great determination in his own end. Really all he needs is greater ice time. Once he starts getting consistent power play time and off the 3rd pairing, he could breakout in a big way. Could be part of the top pairing in SSM next year with Gustav Bouramman (a guy he showed great chemistry with this year).

Tyler Parchem from Elite Prospects:

White is a smart defenseman who skates well and makes good passes. He was buried on a deep Soo team this season so his numbers are lower then they could have been on a weaker team. He is not overly physical on the backend but has a good stick and is often in the right position to break up the play. Could potentially break out next season and could be a smart pick in the later rounds.