July 1st- UFA Madness

Derlique

Who is @BColes25, he tweeted thank you to the devils for signing him and TG said it was probably the first time someone announced their signing with the team. Does anyone know anything about him?

I only recognize his name from the EA NHL franchise.  Never pans out in my GM modes :lol:

Prospect / AHL depth.

I only recognize his name from the EA NHL franchise. Never pans out in my GM modes :lol:

Prospect / AHL depth.

I never came across him in any of my GM Modes to my knowledge haha

Edit: Yes I have, his potential was terrible so I hope he is better than EA thinks

Edited by Louismydad

Our forward lines still stink. I expect our Goals for Average will be worse than last year.

This should be expected, if not accepted.

People, not saying you, seem to forget that Free Agency requires mutual interest in order for a player to sign to a team. Not just team or fans being interested in said player. They actually have to want to come to this team.

And there are very few UFAs left out there at forward we could/should take risks on

Our forward lines still stink. I expect our Goals for Average will be worse than last year.

I mean.. why wouldn't it stink.  

This is what a rebuild ('retool') is.  The team is going to stink while we wait for Zacha and our other young players to develop.

We weren't going to fix our close to league-worst offense in one offseason.

Um.. is that as bad a deal for Toronto as it seems?

It is terrible for Toronto. Pitt is getting a top five winger in the game at $6.75 mil/year and only giving up a conditional first and average prospects. Oh yeah and they get back a 2nd rounder on top of it.

Toronto fans talked crap about Kessel for years now they'll be crying at the return he got. I have no sympathy for them only frustrating thing is he comes to our division.

• Like 1

As a Devils fan, I approve of this signing!  He can skate, but he stinks when not paired with guys like Toews or Kane. 

Totally agree.   He got benched in Nashville a team built for speed.   He is a bust and I can't even blame this poor signing on Sather, since he is no longer GM

I'm really hoping that Shero takes on a bad contract or two along with draft picks or prospects 

It's better to wait this out and not participate.   Take advantage of teams that will shed contracts when camp starts and there are less deals to be made.

Mike Green to Detroit, 3 yrs 18M

Wow, Detriot must be hard pressed.  What a poor signing.

Edited by MantaRay