July 1st- UFA Madness

Derlique

It's better to wait this out and not participate. Take advantage of teams that will shed contracts when camp starts and there are less deals to be made.

Wow, Detriot must be hard pressed. What a poor signing.

The term is not bad and they always wanted an offensive right handed dman to run the powerplay. A little pricey but not bad at all in my opinion.

It's better to wait this out and not participate.   Take advantage of teams that will shed contracts when camp starts and there are less deals to be made.

I often read that ... but i can't remember when someone really take that advantage. I can't remember the last time a trade was made before camp starts because of that situation... 

But  i'm sure i'm wrong there... 

Green signing is really good for Detroit.  I thought he was going to get a stupid 6-7 year deal.  That money couldn't really have gone anyplace better for them and the term is great. 

Agreed, fair value on him is probably more like $5mil but by getting a shorter term they pay him the extra. Solid deal for a team in need of D and in win-now mode.

Wow, Detriot must be hard pressed.  What a poor signing.

For them this is fine. Green was going to get paid no matter where he went. Only 3 years. Its not a bad signing at all as long as he stays healthy and he's been fairly alright at doing that the last two seasons. He's an upgrade over Zidlicky.

Green is a bargain at $6M, he's one of the best offensive D in the game and he drives play enough that his defense isn't that big an issue.

Speaking of Zidlicky I've heard nothing at all about where he might go.

Edited by Triumph

It's better to wait this out and not participate.   Take advantage of teams that will shed contracts when camp starts and there are less deals to be made.

Wow, Detriot must be hard pressed.  What a poor signing.

Poor?  I think it's a great signing...for THREE years?  I thought Green would get 5-6 years in FA, easy.  He's seven million cheaper than the immortal Jason Garrison coming off of one good season for the Panthers.

Edited by NJDevs26

Green is a bargain at $6M, he's one of the best offensive D in the game and he drives play enough that his defense isn't that big an issue.

Speaking of Zidlicky I've heard nothing at all about where he might go.

I'd have given him 3/$18m all day long, maybe even 3/$20m.

If we're going to be close to the floor we could take a chance on Semin and Boyes for one-year deals.

Boyes is not an NHL quality forward anymore. You've been beating his drum for years but he's far worse than ever now. Poor skater, poor off the puck, poor defensively, kind of just a guy who comes in and let's the others do the dirty work.

The Boston Bruins agreed to terms on a five-year contract with free agent left winger Matt Beleskey on Wednesday. TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger reports the deal is worth $19 million, with an average annual value just below $4 million.

The Detroit Red Wings have signed forward Brad Richards to a one-year, $3 million contract. TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie reports the deal contains bonuses which escalate the deal to $4 million.

Edited by njdevsftw