July 1st- UFA Madness

Derlique

Frolik to the Flames.

Calgary is officially 'win-now'.  Love it.

Wonder if they retained salary.

What other mode should they be in besides 'win-now'? They aren't doing anything drastic. They didn't really sell the farm for a big asset. They have retained their prospects and young NHLers for the most part.

Wow, does this SportsNet broadcast team hate Phil Kessel.  They're ripping him right now, wowza.

What other mode should they be in besides 'win-now'? They aren't doing anything drastic. They didn't really sell the farm for a big asset. They have retained their prospects and young NHLers for the most part.

No of course, I just meant that after missing the playoffs for 5+ years prior to this past season, it's nice to see the Flames rebound and add some nice pieces.  They're going to be a relevant team for a long while.

And half the hot-air we expended this off season rendered moot in 1 hour

Funny how that happens, ain't it?

First rounder is the pick in the Kessel to Leafs deal

Anyone else's twitter blowing up with cocky Ranger fans saying Pitt will still suck?

Last time I've checked they've been to multiple cup finals in the last 21 years, unlike some other team we know....

Man am I glad Lou wasted $5 million per for 5 on Clowe...

The fact that he'll be buried on LTIR for the duration of the contract makes that pill a little easier to swallow.  But yeah, what an awful deal.  One of Lou's worst signings for sure.

I would've taken him at 4.3m.  Young enough that 5 years isn't outrageous.

Edit:  The pick in the Kessel deal is a 1st.

Edited by Devilsfan118

The fact that he'll be buried on LTIR for the duration of the contract makes that pill a little easier to swallow.  But yeah, what an awful deal.  One of Lou's worst signings for sure.

I would've taken him at 4.3m.  Young enough that 5 years isn't outrageous.

I'm very confused about LTIR and regular IR cause I keep seeing TG and others tweet about cap hits not counting against if they're on there...

Can anyone clear that up?