July 1st- UFA Madness

Derlique

No kidding.  That'd be something else.

Lou and Sather being 'replaced' during the same offseason.  

Well Sather at least was talking about it a month ago.

Management had to force out the dictator here to finally get new blood in.

God I'm pissed about Clowe vs Frolik right now, my Lou bashing has been reinvigorated...

If he plays like he has something to prove, could be deadly.

If he plays like Cheeseburger Kessel, he'll be average

Crosby almost got freakin Chris Kunitz to 40 goals - I have a hard time imagining Kessel won't get there with regularity.  Especially playing us 5+ times a year :lol:

Edited by Devilsfan118

I'm very confused about LTIR and regular IR cause I keep seeing TG and others tweet about cap hits not counting against if they're on there...

Can anyone clear that up?

With LTIR the cap hit still counts but it allows you to exceed the Cap ceiling by whatever that contract is. I guess in a sense it makes the cap hit not count. Edited by njd3b1ink

No of course, I just meant that after missing the playoffs for 5+ years prior to this past season, it's nice to see the Flames rebound and add some nice pieces.  They're going to be a relevant team for a long while.

Calgary is going to be scary good in the coming years. I can only imagine what they would have done this year if Giordano had stayed healthy.

Crosby almost got freakin Chris Kunitz to 40 goals - I have a hard time imagining Kessel won't get there with regularity.  

Kunitz played hard, Kessel needs to play with half a heart and he'll get it, agreed.

But if he decides to go into a fat/lazy mode, he'll have one of his 25-30 game slumps. [drafted him in back to back years in fantasy, and one year he killed me, the other he played hard and was awesome]

With LTIR the cap hit still counts bit it allows you to exceed the Cap ceiling by whatever that contract is. I guess in a sense it makes the cap hit not count.

Okay thanks, then we'll LTIR Clowcussion and can exceed the cap by $5 mil, not like we'll need the space this year, but it'd be an option if there were actual talent worth dropping a ton on.

With LTIR the cap hit still counts but it allows you to exceed the Cap ceiling by whatever that contract is. I guess in a sense it makes the cap hit not count.

Correct.  Essentially the Devils could go up to $76 million for their "cap."   To which they won't even come close.

Devils twitter needs to collectively jump off a fvcking cliff

Harry Beauchamp
‏@HarryJB4

@TGfireandice what happens if we wait and there is no one(goal scorer) that we need left?

Tony Gorga ‏@TonyGorga39 6m6 minutes ago

@TGfireandice some plan Shero has. Who's going to be left after today that can help? This team is going for a lottery pick this year again.

Tony Gorga
‏@TonyGorga39

@TGfireandice going to let Gomez walk when he was probably our best player last year, take him out of the lineup, add Palms, not much diff.

I refuse to read tweets from Joe Schmo's on twitter.  Typically the lowest-common-denominator of our fanbase.

Jets get Alexander Burmistrov back from the KHL.  

WHERE'S OUR DEFECTOR?   :lol:

Edited by Devilsfan118

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m2 minutes ago

Kessel, Tyler Biggs, Tim Erixon and 2nd in 2016 for Kapanen, Harrington, Spaling, 1st and 3rd picks in 2016. TOR retains $1.25M/year.

Um.. is that as bad a deal for Toronto as it seems?

Um.. is that as bad a deal for Toronto as it seems?

Depends on how you look at it. They get out from under the majority of his contract. They added a late first and Kapanen.  They were handcuffed with the contract size and the fact Phil controlled where he eventually would go. He was signed in Toronto until 2022. 

They did what they could IMO. Every GM knew that Toronto wanted to move him.

Pittsburgh absolutely wins in the immediate, but they're in cap hell. Malkin, Crosby, Kessel, Letang, Fleury alone are taking up close to half their cap space.

Pens are a win now team. They will probably have to move at least two salaries guys for pennies or even sweeten to get the cap impact off the books.