2015 Miami Dolphins thread

MadDog2020

Still plenty of time in this game, but the Dolphins don't look prepared at all for this one (I though they were going to come out much stronger). I'm not sure that the team necessarily needs to be blown up, but the coaching staff sure does. FWIW, Fat fvck on the WFAN said there's rumors swirling that losses in the next two games will spell the end for Philbin.

But Fitz just showed you why you're never quite out of a game when he's the opposing QB...almost got picked. INTs have a way of finding him.

TWO games? fvck that. Now. As in before the plane lands.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still plenty of time in this game, but the Dolphins don't look prepared at all for this one (I though they were going to come out much stronger). I'm not sure that the team necessarily needs to be blown up, but the coaching staff sure does. FWIW, Fat fvck on the WFAN said there's rumors swirling that losses in the next two games will spell the end for Philbin.

But Fitz just showed you why you're never quite out of a game when he's the opposing QB...almost got picked. INTs have a way of finding him.

They're not really rumors, but sourced stories in the Miami press that the entire coaching staff has lost the players' confidence and that they've more or less quit caring.

A loss today and Philbin is fired tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't blame you for feeling that way at all.  It's maddening when your team doesn't seem to be prepared.  You know what a PITA it is to replace an NFL coaching staff within a season though. 

At least they've stabilized the game for the moment. 

Don't know if he's saying it like he has a source, or just stating the obvious that Coyle and Philbin are getting fired after the game.

@ArmandoSalguero: Kevin Coyle career obit coming. Joe Philbin career obit hangs in balance.

Don't know if he's saying it like he has a source, or just stating the obvious that Coyle and Philbin are getting fired after the game.

@ArmandoSalguero: Kevin Coyle career obit coming. Joe Philbin career obit hangs in balance.

Just Coyle isn't good enough. Philbin needs to go too. They have 97 yards through 3 quarters. I mean, you could literally fire this entire coaching staff and dump half the roster tomorrow and I'd be fine playing with what was left because there's no way it could be any worse.

Just Coyle isn't good enough. Philbin needs to go too. They have 97 yards through 3 quarters. I mean, you could literally fire this entire coaching staff and dump half the roster tomorrow and I'd be fine playing with what was left because there's no way it could be any worse.

Pouncey apparently had to be restrained from doing something on the sideline.

If Ross is anything other than a cyborg, he has to be furious at Philbin and the coaching staff in general. He gave Philbin more loyalty than he deserved and got this in return. If there's one thing very successful businessmen hate it's looking like an ass. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes sure that news that Philbin will be fired is leaked before the postgame press conference so Philbin has to answer questions about it.

Pouncey apparently had to be restrained from doing something on the sideline.

If Ross is anything other than a cyborg, he has to be furious at Philbin and the coaching staff in general. He gave Philbin more loyalty than he deserved and got this in return. If there's one thing very successful businessmen hate it's looking like an ass. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes sure that news that Philbin will be fired is leaked before the postgame press conference so Philbin has to answer questions about it.

Where did you see the thing on Pouncey? Edited by MadDog2020

Where did you see the thing on Pouncey?

A fan I follow on Twitter that's at the game.

@nycDolphinsFan: Pouncey was super pissed after that last play..slammed his his helmet down and had to be calmed down by others on sideline

I thought you guys were overstating things a bit about the Dolphins going into this week...but after five minutes of this game I could see you weren't.

MadDog2020, on 04 Oct 2015 - 10:16 AM, said:

If you're gonna make an in-season coaching change might as well do it during the bye

This is why I don't gamble on sports. It looks like Philbin is sticking around based on what I'm reading about the press conference.

@JeffDarlington: Nothing imminent on Dolphins' situation. Philbin says he plans to keep Coyle; notes he is not worried about own job after talking to Ross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Daniel

fvcking.  Disaster.

No, really, come out like you believe your own hype and sh!t the bed massively in London.  Go down to 1-3 (0-2), with only Landry and maybe Tannehill looking like they give a sh!t about not losing.

I'm hopeful that Ross is trying not to make an emotional decision and will take time to think about it, realize it has to happen, and move on during the bye week.  I'm just not sure who you make interim.  Coyle?  Lazor?  I guess it's Lazor, but still, he's been no great shakes either.

Look, I know the linebacking corps is kind of pieced together from a few guys who don't have good NFL track records and Koa Misi.  I realize that the LT is hurt.  But this is an unbelievably bad effort being put forth - no fundamentals, people jogging on plays they should be running in, people not stepping into their assignments on the defensive line, asstons of penalties...tons of this sh!t just shouldn't be happening, and part of that is on the coaching staff.  

The Jets had, in my opinion, a pretty sloppy game after the first quarter.  Fitz threw an int, and was lucky he didn't throw two more.  The Jets committed well over 150 yards of penalties in the game.  Teams that commit those kind of self-inflicted wounds usually don't win football games...unless they're playing a team that inflicts more self-wounds than the other team.

I was on the fence with this staff before the season, but it's clear that someone's lost the locker room in there...whether it's Philbin, Coyle, Lazor, or the whole lot, players just appear to not care...not be motivated to do the little things right that WIN football games.  That's damning on the coaches, and until something's done this team will not win with any consistency.  Here's to a good draft pick, because we can probably line that up to someone like Cleveland for a ransom so they can get their QB of the future.

The sad part is that, if this isn't the coaches and it's really the players...then we're locked into this for another year and change, due to the cap salary structure.  There's no free agency savior coming unless they restructure cap hits.and/or cut veterans.

Jeff Darlington, and a few others I believe have suggested Jim Schwartz as an interim head coach. He's a boring type that has managed to have at least one winning season, which is more than you can say for our coach, so maybe it's not a terrible idea. Don't know if you can really bring in someone from outside of the organization for that though.