2015 Miami Dolphins thread

MadDog2020

This was a DIFFERENT TEAM today. Unreal.

I'm starting to wonder if the fish couldnt've went 10-6 last season, if they pulled the plug on the Philbin experiment a year earlier. Miami looked like a completely different team yesterday. Glad we played them when Lurch was still in charge.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MD2020, I think that Pats-Phins game will be affected by what happens in the Pats-Jets game prior. Pats don't let down often, but if they come off a tough win against the Jets, I can see them possibly being a little gassed against the Dolphins. Helps the Pats that the game is home.

If the Dolphins get past their upcoming three-game road "trip" (after the Texans) in decent shape, they have a shot to go on a run...they get five of their last seven games at home

Yeah should be a tough, emotional game coming up for the Pats this week, the Jets always come to play against them. But I always expect the Pats' best shot, regardless of venue or circumstance; doubt the short week affects them much. Certainly helps us having 5 of the last 7 at home, but the competition level rises substantially at the end of the season with the teams and QB's we have to face. At least there is some hope now that we can make something of this season. It's all I can ask for after the way we started.

If anything, it's more obvious than ever how bad Philbin really was.  Is Campell interim for now?

And speaking of schedules, the sched-makers had it in for Buffalo this season...they play five out of six on the road in November-December.  They're likely screwed...I don't care what anyone says, Rex has not done a good job up there at all.  Lots of yapping and not nearly enough results to back it all up.   

If anything, it's more obvious than ever how bad Philbin really was.  Is Campell interim for now?

And speaking of schedules, the sched-makers had it in for Buffalo this season...they play five out of six on the road in November-December.  They're likely screwed...I don't care what anyone says, Rex has not done a good job up there at all.  Lots of yapping and not nearly enough results to back it all up.   

Campbell has the interim coach tag, unless what you're getting at is whether he can hope to get the job full-time at some point.  It's a safe bet that Ross won't do anything like he did last year and name him the full-time coach during the season, unless it's after a crazy good run, which results in the Dolphins clinching a playoff spot.  

Rex has not done a good job up there at all.  Lots of yapping and not nearly enough results to back it all up.   

I agree. They're lucky to have a .500 record after that Titans game. They really should be 2-4.

If anything, it's more obvious than ever how bad Philbin really was. Is Campell interim for now?

And speaking of schedules, the sched-makers had it in for Buffalo this season...they play five out of six on the road in November-December. They're likely screwed...I don't care what anyone says, Rex has not done a good job up there at all. Lots of yapping and not nearly enough results to back it all up.

Ross and Tannenbaum have both stated Campbell is a legit candidate for the full-time gig, and if the team keeps playing like they did yesterday, he's a good bet to get it. We'll see what happens. If he can win enough games while continuing to have the support and respect of the players, I think the job is his. Long way to go though.

We get an easy blow out and the pats had to fight for a win. Couldn't ask for a better way to go into a thursday night game.

Gonna be tough... Just glad the Pats won today, they never lose two in a row at home. Although it still worries me because they didn't really play that great and dropped a sh!tload of passes they of course won't drop on Thursday. Edited by MadDog2020

Huge game for the Dolphins on Thursday...win and they've officially salvaged their season, and have an outside shot at challenging for the AFC East.

Not so sure about that if the Pats play like they just did.

Two ways to look at that one.  One is that the Pats clearly didn't execute as cleanly as they would've liked, but like a pitcher without his best stuff, still found a way to win.   

I do think the Pats remain vulnerable on defense...this week's game is similar to the one against the Jets, in that the Jets went in feeling good about their D, and the Pats put up 30 on them even though there were dropped passes galore on their part.  To me, now that the Dolphin offense is hot, can they take it to the Patriots' D and keep pace?  This game is really about the AFC East and whether or not there's going to be a race...if the Pats win this game, then I think the East is effectively wrapped up, barring the Patriots falling apart (likely through a slew of injuries) or Brady getting hurt...Dolphins and Bills will be four games back...Jets will still have a shot, but it's hard to believe in them too much after Brady could've completed 40+ passes against them if his receivers had played better.  If the Dolphins win, then it's game on...especially with the Jets pretty much having a cakewalk schedule (will be interesting to see how the Jets-Dolphins rematch plays out...depending on what happens in November, that game could effectively be for a WC berth or who challenges the Pats for the East title down the stretch). 

And again, man has Rex done an awful job up in Buffalo.  Not a good sign when the team that canned you is better off, and the team that hired you isn't. 

And again, man has Rex done an awful job up in Buffalo.  Not a good sign when the team that canned you is better off, and the team that hired you isn't. 

In his defense, he has had a really terrible group of QBs.  That doesn't appear to be something that's going to be fixed anytime soon, so he probably won't last very long.

And the Jets being much improved this year probably has a lot to do with #24 who he didn't really have for his last 2 and half seasons with the Jets. 

Rex has done some good things through the years and I'm usually defending him (when he's not being an idiot), but this season he's been a clown from Day 1 with his new team.  And it's like I've said, it's not like he inherited a team that needed to be built from the ground up...the Bills had a very good D last season.  The QBs have nothing to do with his players' penchant for taking costly penalties and general lack of discipline.  He needs to grow up and evolve, FINALLY, because it's starting to look like he might not be getting another crack at being a head coach after this. 

When Rex's DEFENSIVE stars are bitching and complaining about the scheme....yeah there's a problem, he's done a totally awful job up in Buffalo, but he's safe because of his contract (least for a year or two)....the one thing i'll say before I go away again is that we learned in the last two weeks why EJ Manuel was never given a shot to be this team's QB

Cam Wake tore his Achilles. Done for the year. Ja'Wan James was in a walking boot and is expected to miss several games. DeVante Parker left because his surgically repaired foot was bothering him. Oh, and 36-7 Patriots. Rooting for this team sucks...

Edited by MadDog2020

Wake may have played his last game as a Dolphin, based on the injury and his salary/savings (Fins save 8.5 million by cutting him), and that makes me sad, because when he was healthy he was a MONSTER for Miami.  Derrick Shelby and Terrence Fede are the next men up, and Shelby has some potential, but nothing will replace the beating Wake was doing on opposing QBs.

More brutal loss-wise is probably James, since there's next to no depth behind him to replace him.  Jason Fox is next up, but he was less than impressive when he filled in for Albert on the left side, so I don't have a ton of hope.

This was not a good week for a Dolphins team that tried to build a Stars-n-Scrubs team and got caught with the injury bug.  Hopefully Tannehill is feeling mobile, because he's going to be positively assaulted from the right side. 

At 3-4/0-3, any hope of the division is now gone.  Wild Card is still a possibility if the defense can play up to the Tennessee/Houston level due to the amazingly easy schedule that the Dolphins have - Indianapolis, NYG, Buffalo, San Diego, and Baltimore are all games that Miami can win and needs to win.  In addition to those games, if they can pull out 2 games against Dallas, Philly, and the Jets, then they can be 10 and 5 going into the final week against a (hopefully) 1-loss Pats team with nothing to play for.  All of this, however, depends on whether someone on that D-Line, be it Suh, Vernon, Shelby, or Mitchell can get to the QB consistently.  Which is not a given right now.

Like I said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a ridiculous comment Daniel. NO ONE is in the same class as them, and Dolphin fans should remind themselves that.

I was called out recently in one of these threads for being "so happy with just hanging with the Pats" as opposed to wanting more. It really was an asinine thing to say, which - in part - was why I never responded. This isn't just a group of players that are the best in the league.. these are all-time assassins. All-time assassins that no one can beat, not just teams in the AFC East. Arguably the best dynasty, with arguably the best QB, and arguably the best Head Coach in NFL history. That's alot of "arguably" all at once to digest. The Pats are 40-9 since October 2012, with a Superbowl sandwiched in-between. It's unheard of to lose only 9 games throughout a span of 50.. let alone do it in an era with heightened injuries\UFA's. What we're seeing here has never happened since the 1980-2000 San Fransisco 49ers. All you can hope for at this point is a significant injury to stop them.. and by significant, I mean either Gronk or Brady.

The Dolphins shouldn't let what happened yesterday take away from what has been a nice turn-around since Joe was shown the door. There's absolutely no shame in losing to NE, and I will continue to say that until this regime ends. --and no, that doesn't make me a sanguineous fan. It makes me a realistic one.

Miami's D really wasn't nearly as bad as some of the quick-glance numbers would suggest.  After the Pats drove down the field in their opening possession, the Dolphins held the Pats to four straight punts and a FG where an INT set up the Pats with excellent field position (the D did its job in not allowing the Pats to score a short-field-drive TD).  At some point the offense has to take advantage of those opportunities.  The injuries are a shame, because I think the Dolphins would definitely have been competitive down the stretch in many of their games...I still think they can be, but it will be tougher.  But at any rate, there's no chance of a season turnaround unless Philbin is canned. 

Beez, if you want to call me out on something, then call me out on it.  I have no problem with that.  The fact is that the Jets have played the Pats very tough in recent seasons, in games that have been decided by a few plays here and there...apparently so much so that you were saying that the Pats were "scared" of the Jets...and basically made it sound like the Jets would find a way to win (and to their credit, they did have a victory in their sights).  It's great that the Jets can hang with them and make the Pats earn their wins against them, but don't you reach a point where you feel like it's time some of those close games went your way?  Your team is obviously very capable of consistently competing with them.

As for what class the Pats are in...still a lot of season to be played.  Denver is always a test for them, even with a declining Peyton as the QB.  I'm sure the Jets will turn in another tough effort at MetLife (as will the Giants, who know a little something about beating the Pats).  And the playoffs have not always been kind to the Patriots.  Super Bowls aren't won in Week 8. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Cam Wake tore his Achilles. Done for the year. Ja'Wan James was in a walking boot and is expected to miss several games. DeVante Parker left because his surgically repaired foot was bothering him. Oh, and 36-7 Patriots. Rooting for this team sucks...

Just wait till the meme starts about how now Campbell is working them too hard and that's why the injuries are piling up.

It's great that the Jets can hang with them and make the Pats earn their wins against them, but don't you reach a point where you feel like it's time some of those close games went your way?

Not at all. Not against a juggernaut like the Pats. And quite frankly, I never will.. until this regime rides off into the sunset. I often get asked by younger people "what was it like growing up in such a great age of music?" Cobain, Biggie, 2-Pac, STP, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Pumpkins, Alice in Chains, etc" --and I say the same thing everytime: "I never noticed how amazing it was until 10 years after the fact" 20 years from now, people will be able to look back on BB & Brady in absolute marvel.. even more-so than they already do now. They've already won 7 games BEFORE November, with seemingly everyone in the country (except you) saying how this could be the best Pats team of all-time.. and predicting them to go 16-0 once AGAIN! What took 6 teams all season to muster their 7th win last year.. the Pats have already done in 2 months.

There's an awful lot of yelling, cursing, and screaming from me when I watch the Jets. Every game except the 2 we play against the Pats. When the Jets play the Patriots, I am calm. Completely calm. It isn't so much a fear that the Jets will lose.. it's an appreciation of what I'm watching. I don't go into games anticipating a victory.. I go in saying: "okay, how much have we closed the gap?" Over the last 4 losses to the Patriots, the Jets have lost by a combine 12 points. That may not mean alot to Jet fans.. but it does to mean. It illustrates that my team has played them harder than just about any team throughout their legacy.