Football

redruM

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patience.....all things in due time....think about it....someone coulda drafted JPP....or the Giants defense.....that pick woulda blown up in their face eh??? :lol:

Enough jibber-jabber! Let's get this party started! 

Why? We're six weeks from the draft, all we have to do now IS jibber-jabber!!! (and mock JPP heavily B ) )

Why? We're six weeks from the draft, all we have to do now IS jibber-jabber!!! (and mock JPP heavily B ) )

6 weeks... Holy crap we better get going, it took us 4 weeks just to get the draft orfder set last year!!

6 weeks... Holy crap we better get going, it took us 4 weeks just to get the draft orfder set last year!!

If crash isn't filling out our rosters 30 minutes before kickoff on Thursday of week 1, then we finished too soon. CMONCHAOS!

RSC gets it.....that is all!! I'm cringing at the thought of writing NFL team previews forget draft plans and obsessive overvaluing of QB's :P

RSC gets it.....that is all!! I'm cringing at the thought of writing NFL team previews forget draft plans and obsessive overvaluing of QB's :P

You don't need to plan if you just take the best available QB; every round.

If crash isn't filling out our rosters 30 minutes before kickoff on Thursday of week 1, then we finished too soon. CMONCHAOS!

we could start day after the super bowl ended and we know Crash would implement stall tactics so he can still have his last minute fun!!

Well instead of complaining about your collective lack of attention spans, you can alwasy suggest rules and changes for this season :thumbsup:

I don't really have one other than the tiered schedule I mentioned last year to further NFL-ize the league (as opposed to just 'randomizing' who we play) :P

#1-3 finishers play each other twice (everyone else once) = normal 13 games

#4-6 play each other twice (everyone else once)

#7-9 play each other twice (everyone else once)

#10-12 play each other twice (everyone else once)

Well pile up your suggestions and get to-a-voting!!!

Personally Iike making receving yards 15 per point when you add PPR, but that's just me

Well pile up your suggestions and get to-a-voting!!!

Personally Iike making receving yards 15 per point when you add PPR, but that's just me

Wouldn't that just even out the scoring effect of PPR, though? 

The only thing we can compare it to is Brian's league, but it does put an emphasis on the possession receiver, or the back who catches 75 passes (Jamaal Charles, or back in Westbrook's day too).....but we'd have to crunch numbers of WR's in NJDevs and compare them to the same season in his league and see if it matters

we could start day after the super bowl ended and we know Crash would implement stall tactics so he can still have his last minute fun!!

And we still won't know the outcome of the Brady appeal by then...talk about slow, the NFL makes CRASHER look speedy :P

As far as PPR, not a huge fan - at least not of the total point per reception, it just jacks up the value too much of marginal RB's (say, Vereen and Woodhead) and possession WR's like Jarvis Landry (who I did have on my PPR last year).  At most maybe we should have half a point PPR.

Edited by NJDevs4978

The only thing we can compare it to is Brian's league, but it does put an emphasis on the possession receiver, or the back who catches 75 passes (Jamaal Charles, or back in Westbrook's day too).....but we'd have to crunch numbers of WR's in NJDevs and compare them to the same season in his league and see if it matters

The league isn't up yet to even look at numbers or what the rules are

The league isn't up yet to even look at numbers or what the rules are

I don't even think of looking at the Yahoo pages till mid-August anyway, and we're still in no rush here :)