2015 Devils Prospect Scrimmage - 7/18 @ 3PM

DJ Eco

DevelopmentCamp_600x300.jpg

It is open to the public. Season ticket holders will be getting an exclusive presale window starting this Thursday. STHers are allowed 2 tickets per account, $5 each which will go to the Devils Care Foundation. The limit is 2 though, per code/account.

I figured we'd open this topic for discussion, for people:

- who will be going,

- can't make it but are willing to forward their presale code,

- want to go but don't have the presale code, or

- may go but not sure so may tentatively sell,

- etc.

..and keep it within the community, so we can avoid scalpers and people trying to charge $35 and sh!t. Let's get this started. I, for one, will be going and using both tickets. My buddy who sits next to me may not, so I will keep you all posted on those.

Edited by DJ Eco

..and keep it within the community, so we can avoid scalpers and people trying to charge $35 and sh!t. Let's get this started. I, for one, will be going and using both tickets. My buddy who sits next to me may not, so I will keep you all posted on those.

How tight a lid has this organization kept on any form of practices in the last several years that people would scalp tickets for a prospect camp scrimmage...... It's like the lines around the door at the first McDonalds to open up in Moscow after the fall of the USSR.....g2hXUm0.jpg

I guess they learned from the 95 alumni game to put a limit on # of seats and to use a code.  Still I expect plenty of tickets to be scalped on Stubhub or elsewhere for what is basically a glorified practice.

I actually would be interested in going though but since it is on the same date as the Meigray Expo, I will have to pass.

Just the fact that this is happening shows that this is the dawn of a new day with the Devils and their interaction with fans.

I guess they learned from the 95 alumni game to put a limit on # of seats and to use a code.  Still I expect plenty of tickets to be scalped on Stubhub or elsewhere for what is basically a glorified practice.

I actually would be interested in going though but since it is on the same date as the Meigray Expo, I will have to pass.

Just the fact that this is happening shows that this is the dawn of a new day with the Devils and their interaction with fans.

To be fair, they put a limit of 4 for the 95 Alumni Game, but yeah, even that's a lot. 2 makes more sense and will probably end up being more fairly and evenly distributed.

I won't be going but would be willing to make my code available to members here that want to go, provided I have the time to get the special code they are giving out on Thursday. 

Is it in the main rink or AmeriHealth Pavilion for this game?

It has to be Amerihealth since they take away the ice for the main rink in the summer.

I don't see obtaining tickets for this game as an issue for anyone who wants to go....

There's 600 seats at the practice rink, tickets are $5 and it's on a weekend...there'll probably be plenty of complaining again when people can't buy tickets after noon Thursday.

If anyone has access to the code and can not go, please contact me.. I would love to go to an event like this! Thanks in advance LGD

If anyone has access to the code and can not go, please contact me.. I would love to go to an event like this! Thanks in advance LGD

Haha this fan base.

For years it was "No chance of an open practice, this team is so backwards and it's fan interaction is so outdated".

Team announces open practice "oh this event won't be well managed, no one will get tickets, I expect it will be a disaster"

Can't win.

Haha this fan base.

For years it was "No chance of an open practice, this team is so backwards and it's fan interaction is so outdated".

Team announces open practice "oh this event won't be well managed, no one will get tickets, I expect it will be a disaster"

Can't win.

What the hell?

went through the all the posts a 2nd time to be sure and absolutely NO ONE said no one will get tickets and expect to be a disaster lol no one. Everyone is saying they'll likely go or TRY to get tickets. 

What the hell?

went through the all the posts a 2nd time to be sure and absolutely NO ONE said no one will get tickets and expect to be a disaster lol no one. Everyone is saying they'll likely go or TRY to get tickets.

I miss read one post about the lines at the start. Which I though was inffering that it would be badly managed. Hence disaster for dramatic effect. So fair point I stand corrected.

But there is mention of people not getting tickets, and the 95 alumni game being bad. It just always feels like no matter what the team do there is a certain group of fans who are unhappy no matter what.

For years companies of no open practice, now there is one, there are complaints that a lot of people aren't going to get any tickets. Like is said can't win.

I miss read one post about the lines at the start. Which I though was inffering that it would be badly managed. Hence disaster for dramatic effect. So fair point I stand corrected.

But there is mention of people not getting tickets, and the 95 alumni game being bad. It just always feels like no matter what the team do there is a certain group of fans who are unhappy no matter what.

For years companies of no open practice, now there is one, there are complaints that a lot of people aren't going to get any tickets. Like is said can't win.

I don't really see this as a complaint from the fan base either. When something is limited... it is what it is. It actually adds value to it. So yeah people will always be bummed to miss out on something limited but they had their chances to get it just as much as the other guy, first comes first. That's not complaining about the management. If there's scalpers and all well thats a common problem too and it does sucks but thats not on the management either really.

Of course i get what you're saying and it's like that with any group but i really don't see the case being "as bad" as you made it in your initial post.

I don't really see this as a complaint from the fan base either. When something is limited... it is what it is. It actually adds value to it. So yeah people will always be bummed to miss out on something limited but they had their chances to get it just as much as the other guy, first comes first. That's not complaining about the management. If there's scalpers and all well thats a common problem too and it does sucks but thats not on the management either really.

Of course i get what you're saying and it's like that with any group but i really don't see the case being "as bad" as you made it in your initial post.

Yeah I see your point.

I just always get a negative vibe from the board when the team tries to do anything new.

Maybe now that negativity has made me overly negative towards other fans, and I just see genuine concerns as whinging lol.

As others have pointed out though this really does feel like a turning point for the organisation as a whole. Hopefully it is embraced as a positive, even if the early events are slightly ropey.

Yeah I see your point.

I just always get a negative vibe from the board when the team tries to do anything new.

Maybe now that negativity has made me overly negative towards other fans, and I just see genuine concerns as whinging lol.

As others have pointed out though this really does feel like a turning point for the organisation as a whole. Hopefully it is embraced as a positive, even if the early events are slightly ropey.

I was just kinda comparing the sudden opening or glasnost of the Devils organization to the fall of the Soviet Union and the sudden rush on something as mundane as a prospect scrimmage to the sudden rush on the first Moscow McDonalds. I wasn't saying that the event itself was mismanaged, I was just saying that after years of pent up frustration with the lack of transparency by the organization, fans are now stampeding to the first signs of the fall of Lamoriello Wall. Now mind you, do not in any way take what I'm saying as implying that I had anything less than the greatest respect for Lou's management of this team. However, fan relations were never his strongest suit.

Yeah I see your point.

I don't think it will be badly managed at all.  I think the limiting of 2 tickets per account and the use of the code are good steps to keep the scalpers at bay, but you know scalpers will eventually get their hands on them.

It is not a knock on the Devils at all (I think the stuff happening under the new ownership has so far been overall very good), I just think it's the simple fact that the Pavilion only hold about 600 people and there will probably be at least a couple thousand wanting to go to this event.  There will be people shut out simply because of the issue with physical space and you know there will be massive complaints.  I think this will be popular for the reasons NewarkDevil5 pointed out.  This sort of thing hasn't been made available for years and now that it is here, people will go apesh!t to get tickets for it.  It is what it is but you know there will always be that segment of the fans that will somehow blame the owners for not doing something else or for not having it on the main rink which is impossible since the ice is gone in there for the summer.  It is what it is.