David Conte Out

Derlique

I'll say this for Shero, he did make some pretty bold and good trades in Pittsburgh, the Staal and Hossa trades being the ones that come to mind. The problem here is that unless we have a flukey season where the Devils are in the playoff picture at the deadline, he can't trade first round picks, and doesn't have any coveted veterans that other teams would be willing to part with a first round pick or a good prospect for.

I'll also add that while its a year away and most of them should end up with long term deals before July 1, there is an amazing group of players in the last year of their deals, and there won't be many teams that will have the cap space that the Devils have and without having to worry about setting aside huge bucks for players about to finish their ELCs or bridge contracts. He tried to land Parise in Pittsburgh and made a shrewd UFA singing with Martin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wasn't Martin a disappointment in Pittsburgh?

So I think I'm finally coming around to full on change to the organization now that Conte is out officially. I know I'm not the only one here who can speak to watching this team from the very first opening night (meadowlands) and enduring years of a team struggling for a solid identity. I think after going through that build, winning cups and watching an aging team over the years have given me a better sense of patience and excitement watching another group of young guys!

Looking forward to watching this young group grow and hopefully raise that cup again!

Sent from my TAB2 using TapaTalk

Edited by Devlin

Marginalization of Lou's crew continues. I really hope Lou gets fed up and goes f-this.

Rich of Shero to let him go considering his drafting record with the Pens.

you're not the only one..shero and the owners would LOVE THAT! THEY'RE HOPING FOR THAT! its OVA LOU

- there's that very weird story of Shero and Lombardi disagreeing on something and saying 'Let's call Lou, he'll decide' and they did and he did and they won't say what it was about (I suspect it's about Aladdin supposedly saying 'Good teenagers take off their clothes', but that's me).  

It always makes my day when Tri injects a little humour into his posts. :)

Look, man, I've got certain information, all right? Certain things have come to light. And, you know, has it ever occurred to you, that, instead of, uh, you know, running around, uh, uh, blaming me, you know, given the nature of all this new sh!t, you know, I-I-I-I... this could be a-a-a-a lot more, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh, complex, I mean, it's not just, it might not be just such a simple... uh, you know?