justintime2989

Devils resign eric gelinas to 2 year deal

Hey mods, any reason why my post got deleted? This place is becoming impossible to visit.

Hey mods, any reason why my post got deleted? This place is becoming impossible to visit.

I don't know what you posted but i'm curious about this too.

the confusion between Debos pinching and Stevos stay at home (heh) contributed to development issues imo

thats not an excuse for poor play and some obvious flaws but hes a rookie to and doesnt get any slack like larsson does.

Does it ever occur to you that this forum is not revolving around you? I really don't think so. There was no need to be an ass to 2ELIAS6

Forums exists for people to discuss, share and communicate, discussions are happening that way. It's NO BIG DEAL if someone ask a quick question outside of context and this wasn't even really that out of context. Plus its not as if it derailed the thread for 4-5 pages. It was just a quick question. He even specified "Not to derail this thread by any means"

Its no big deal until enough forum rules are broken and it becomes one. Posting a suggestion to try the Search feature isnt making it a big deal anyway.

Does it ever occur to you that this forum is not revolving around you? I really don't think so. There was no need to be an ass to 2ELIAS6

Forums exists for people to discuss, share and communicate, discussions are happening that way. It's NO BIG DEAL if someone ask a quick question outside of context and this wasn't even really that out of context. Plus its not as if it derailed the thread for 4-5 pages. It was just a quick question. He even specified "Not to derail this thread by any means"

But of course the way YOU want it is not the way everyone see it and when it doesn't go your way you always feel you have to play the smart ass / better than everyone card once again and when people don't agree with you it's cause they are stupid and don't "get it" lol get over yourself buddy.

This is supposed to be fun plus its the offseason. I know this forum is probably the one and only place where you feel you have power. Kind of like when someone takes World of Warcraft WAY too seriously cause they finally feel they matter.

again, let it go. have fun. even go nuts and get a damn avatar and some personality. i'm still convinced you're a robot.

Not sure how the admins feel about people being made to feel uncomfortable about posting either. A lot of times I've felt like some of the older posters would prefer it if a good portion of the newer people left and it would go back to the good ol days.

Some of the other message boards I visit offer a premium membership with a private forum. Maybe that's something worth looking into if some people feel like the main board is too crowded. Not trying to offend anyone but sometimes this place isn't the friendliest. Maybe offering people who have been here longer than others a private forum to get away from the noobs could help relieve some of the tension.

Or we can make it like Survivor and vote people out once a month.

Can we do this please? So much more entertaining than private forums.  However I would have no objections to a private forum for those who may donate to help keep the site running.  

Its no big deal until enough forum rules are broken and it becomes one. Posting a suggestion to try the Search feature isnt making it a big deal anyway.

and you are 100 percent correct..he could've deleted the post and told me not to post that there. .it's the point of the way he went about it..being a "mod" you should not feel that you have to make people look stupid for absolutely no reason... long story short the way he acts he shouldn't have any power in this community.

Not sure how the admins feel about people being made to feel uncomfortable about posting either. A lot of times I've felt like some of the older posters would prefer it if a good portion of the newer people left and it would go back to the good ol days.

Some of the other message boards I visit offer a premium membership with a private forum. Maybe that's something worth looking into if some people feel like the main board is too crowded. Not trying to offend anyone but sometimes this place isn't the friendliest. Maybe offering people who have been here longer than others a private forum to get away from the noobs could help relieve some of the tension.

Since apparently people can't stay away from what was, at first, a very simple and non-insulting request to use the search function on the site and have turned this into a referendum on the forum:

2ELias26 has 4000+ posts here.  He's not a new poster, otherwise I would've answered his question and requested that in the future he used the search function either to find the proper thread and read up, or find a thread to post in that could answer his question.  Regardless, he hasn't been around as long as many of the posters here, that's true.  And I agree that this forum would not seem very welcoming to an outsider and there aren't very many new posters.  That's unfortunate - although I think the level of discussion has gone up over the years, we've lost a lot of real good posters and they haven't really been replaced by younger posters.  I imagine those people are on Facebook and Twitter, though god knows how they navigate that quagmire.  But the idea that the main board is 'crowded' or needs a premium membership is utterly ridiculous, this forum gets nowhere close to the traffic to demand that sort of thing.   Still, forums have an etiquette associated with them and posters just dumping whatever thought you have into whatever thread you feel like leads to a bad forum.  Someone with 4000+ posts on a board should know better than that, and not get high-handed when given a simple request to be mindful of forum etiquette, but hey, some people take everything personally.

EDIT:  I am not a mod, otherwise I would have done that.  The 'Mod' refers to a chat moderator spot I had once upon a time.  I wish it would be taken away because it gives people the wrong idea.  I cannot delete posts.

Edited by Triumph

It's all entertaining to me.  The more confrontation that pops up, that more it feeds into the fantasy personalities I've created for you internet people.  Keep it coming!

And I, like all of you crazy 1's and 0's, am really hoping his defensive game pans out.  Really love his shot and it would be a shame to lose it if he can't tighten up his D game.

Since apparently people can't stay away from what was, at first, a very simple and non-insulting request to use the search function on the site and have turned this into a referendum on the forum:

2ELias26 has 4000+ posts here.  He's not a new poster, otherwise I would've answered his question and requested that in the future he used the search function either to find the proper thread and read up, or find a thread to post in that could answer his question.  Regardless, he hasn't been around as long as many of the posters here, that's true.  And I agree that this forum would not seem very welcoming to an outsider and there aren't very many new posters.  That's unfortunate - although I think the level of discussion has gone up over the years, we've lost a lot of real good posters and they haven't really been replaced by younger posters.  I imagine those people are on Facebook and Twitter, though god knows how they navigate that quagmire.  But the idea that the main board is 'crowded' or needs a premium membership is utterly ridiculous, this forum gets nowhere close to the traffic to demand that sort of thing.   Still, forums have an etiquette associated with them and posters just dumping whatever thought you have into whatever thread you feel like leads to a bad forum.  Someone with 4000+ posts on a board should know better than that, and not get high-handed when given a simple request to be mindful of forum etiquette, but hey, some people take everything personally.

EDIT:  I am not a mod, otherwise I would have done that.  The 'Mod' refers to a chat moderator spot I had once upon a time.  I wish it would be taken away because it gives people the wrong idea.  I cannot delete posts.

For the record, I do think he overreacted to your original post and then things just escalated from there. it's the offseason and the team isn't in the best condition. It's gonna happen I guess.

Devils fans are more like the team than we thought

• Like 1

Tri isn't always warm and fuzzy and isn't exactly known for bedside manners or being user-friendly. I think that's why people sometimes overreact to posts of his that are relatively benign, like his initial one here...with some, he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt and right away it turns into a "Tri being Tri" thing even when that's not at all accurate...I've seen him get jumped on more than once when he didn't really do anything to provoke it.

The search feature is actually pretty good here, and it made complete sense to suggest using it in this case. Yeah, Tri could've probably been a little bit whatever about it, but it wasn't a big deal in the slightest.

Anyway, I still feel that the board in general is a good place to come to. I wouldn't want to talk Devils hockey (and other sports...I'm active in both Crasher's NFL and the Mets threads) anywhere else. HF and some other Devils boards never did it for me.

As for Gelinas...seems reasonable now, but really hard to say whether he'll ever figure it out. A lot of moments where he looked like he might not even be an NHLer. He may never be anything more than severely flawed. He's got two season to prove otherwise. I'd love $3.15 mil to get an opportunity like that.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Back when I joined in 2010 (was lurking for about a year prior) this forum was A LOT busier and had a lot more posters posting on any given day.  These days it's a lot quieter and there are some of the subforums like the marketplace and around the rock that are virtual ghost towns.  There is a reason for this and this thread is the perfect example of why.

I don't know what you posted but i'm curious about this too.

I said something to the tune of- "not to derail the thread but *proceeds to derail the thread*". It was a lot less snippy than the other pissing match going on in twelve other threads.

Back when I joined in 2010 (was lurking for about a year prior) this forum was A LOT busier and had a lot more posters posting on any given day. These days it's a lot quieter and there are some of the subforums like the marketplace and around the rock that are virtual ghost towns. There is a reason for this and this thread is the perfect example of why.

Yea, I think I joined a year before you about. There were still plenty of pissing matches but I think a lot less than there are now, and a LOT more discussion -- even in the offseason. DM and Msweet don't get paid to do this, obviously, but there have been people and behavior reported to them numerous times by numerous people that go ignored. It's tough to get upset at a moderator here, because again-- this isn't their job, they have their own stuff to do and families to tend to. But I've noticed people's posts getting randomly deleted, without a PM as to why, that are a lot less insulting and snappy than the rest of the thread is being.

Yeah, I miss the 'good old days' of NJDevs like most of you do. I like a lot of the new posters, I do. But people like DaneykoisGod that used to make this place awesome to read are gone... Probably for good reason, too.

Back when I joined in 2010 (was lurking for about a year prior) this forum was A LOT busier and had a lot more posters posting on any given day.  These days it's a lot quieter and there are some of the subforums like the marketplace and around the rock that are virtual ghost towns.  There is a reason for this and this thread is the perfect example of why.

Not that much to talk about, as far as the on-ice product goes (not much in the way of moves or new bodies, etc...this has not been the case for many years).  And losing teams who lose ugly and don't have many exciting prospects in the pipeline don't get much chatter going.  You also have a generation of young Devils fans adjusting to not only not being an upper-level team anymore, but being bad for the foreseeable future. 

Not that much to talk about, as far as the on-ice product goes (not much in the way of moves or new bodies, etc...this has not been the case for many years).  And losing teams who lose ugly and don't have many exciting prospects in the pipeline don't get much chatter going.  You also have a generation of young Devils fans adjusting to not only not being an upper-level team anymore, but being bad for the foreseeable future. 

There's that, there's the fact that traffic is migrating away from forums in general and on to Facebook, Twitter, and wherever else - this used to be one of the only places on the Internet you could talk Devils hockey, exclusively, and now there's tons of places to do that if you choose.  Basically all forums are getting like this, hockey or not - the Devils being sh!tty has just helped speed that process along.  The rigidness of old members is certainly a negative and the sniping is a negative (and the lax moderation a negative but it's not my board), but I think that's also somewhat of a consequence of the lack of new blood.  There was plenty of sniping back in the old days, but it seemed fun and exciting.

Aaah the good old time when i was destroyed alive during the second Irak War just because i was french ; ) 

I love this place, no matters what... Of course the drama is sometimes intense.. But it's a place that seems to be kind with my broken english so it's fine !

Old Posters, new ones... it's fine.. i read them all ! 

And poor Gelinas ; ) 

Aaah the good old time when i was destroyed alive during the second Irak War just because i was french ; ) 

I love this place, no matters what... Of course the drama is sometimes intense.. But it's a place that seems to be kind with my broken english so it's fine !

Old Posters, new ones... it's fine.. i read them all ! 

And poor Gelinas ; ) 

Freedom Fries!!!!  Who needs the French? 

Just kidding.

There's that, there's the fact that traffic is migrating away from forums in general and on to Facebook, Twitter, and wherever else - this used to be one of the only places on the Internet you could talk Devils hockey, exclusively, and now there's tons of places to do that if you choose.  Basically all forums are getting like this, hockey or not - the Devils being sh!tty has just helped speed that process along.  The rigidness of old members is certainly a negative and the sniping is a negative (and the lax moderation a negative but it's not my board), but I think that's also somewhat of a consequence of the lack of new blood.  There was plenty of sniping back in the old days, but it seemed fun and exciting.

No thanks to the Facebook crowd...too many "Brodeur should be playing because he knows how to win better than Cory" morons over there.  There's sniping here, but at least there's a lot more knowledge here as a whole.  I'll take whatever bad there is here.

No thanks to the Facebook crowd...too many "Brodeur should be playing because he knows how to win better than Cory" morons over there.  There's sniping here, but at least there's a lot more knowledge here as a whole.  I'll take whatever bad there is here.

lol that's somewhat old news now.  The rallying cries for these morons these days seem to be "Stevens should have been kept on as a coach!" and "New owners/GM/coach/management suck for anything/everything under the sun!"

I'm not sure what, if any, significance it has, but the Devils, upon a quick glance, appear to have one of the top five or ten most active forums on HF, judging by the number of posts. 

I think people are a hell of a lot more touchy now than I remember them being in 08/09/10.

Every fvckin post Beetle has 5-plus comments asking why he isn't banned yet. All of them are related to hockey, but the opinion differs greatly than most.

This place will forever be the top visited site for me, opening on the home screen next to the email. People need to hold themselves responsible to bring quality discussion to the board and not a bunch of horsesh!t. I think at the end of the day that is what Tri is harping on. Hold yourself accountable to bring quality discussion to the board.