Lou is New Toronto GM

William D'Aquila

Holy fvck.  I don't know how to process this either.

I was actually quite excited at the idea of a tandem system, with Lou as President and Shero as GM...I guess I very much subscribe to the theory of two heads are better than one, and I figured we might as well leverage the knowledge of both guys together.

Sad day in Devils history.  We owe this man a lot. 

Good luck Lou (not really, I hope Toronto tanks, as usual)

Like others have said. He's 72. His record over the last few years was average. He deserves his own wing in a Devils Hall of Fame, but this is not as devastating as it would have been 5-10 years ago. 

Once the public was let into the prospect camp should have known something was up.

Now we see how crazy the new owners really are.....third jerseys coming? open practices? fashion shows?

I am a Leafs fan now.

Peace out have fun with Harris and Blitzer.

Hell yeah less dead weight with these two announcements.

Thank you and goodbye Lou.  I'm sure he will have a tremendous impact in Toronto.  Break out the razors and scissors.

This is truly the end of an era. I was always a supporter of Lou and his ideas, but the time had come for a new direction. 28 years taking this team from the doldrums to the very top. Not sure what he's going to do with the Leafs. Is it possible to wish him luck and not the Leafs??

Seriously - DM, IP ban his stupid ass.  If the above comment doesn't reveal his true intentions here, for fvcks sake.

This news is unexpected, honestly.  Very surprised.  Can't believe he'd relocate and take a new job at 72, but who knows. 

I expect some sort of compensation here, for sure.

Love the Lou. He needs a statue along with Marty but I love the fresh new start we have with Shero and Hynes so far and good for Lou for still wanting to make an impact in the NHL. Nothing wrong with this. It's time to move on folks.

Edited by Zubie#8

I am a Leafs fan now.

Peace out have fun with Harris and Blitzer.

funny because you can never take back that statement.. so either you are really gone, or you have to accept being pathetic

im shocked... this is crazy.

i really thought, especially at his age, that Lou would accept a reduced role with the Devils.. but nope

But wow.  Arguably the best coach in the NHL, and now one of the best GMs ever at the helm.. the Leafs might actually turn things around now.

Cue William D'Aquil coming here to post after each and every single Leafs victory saying. See! told you guys! that's all Lou. And then come and post after every single devils loss...."So how 'about Shero now?"

If DM or MSweet has any intention of keeping this forum running, he won't be here - via Beetlebum, WD'A, or any other account he tries to make.

Edited by Devilsfan118

I don't know how Lou's typically zipped lips will go over with the Toronto media, but I bet it will be amusing to watch lol. They won't like getting so much of the silent treatment. I wonder if we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see some stories on their newspapers' websites about their take on this...