Lou is New Toronto GM

William D'Aquila

He was probably happier than a pig in sh!t when he got to break the news here. Beetle is one of the main culprits as to why I barely post anymore. We've lost a lot of good people from this forum because we for some reason like to tolerate trolls and give them a fair shake. People criticized me last time I called for his IP to be banned, but its so painfully obvious his endgame is only to troll.

We will lose more regular members again this year and eventually this forum will just be Triumph and CR yelling at each other in every thread while PK cries in a cob-web covered corner with her Stevens bobblehead.

Not really sure what you're talking about.  Tri and I do disagree sometimes but we don't really butt heads all that much, and there's been times when I've both agreed with and defended him.  Me and SD used to do plenty of yelling at each other, definitely to the detriment of the board, but not anymore.  A little overdue PMing made a world of difference.   

Speaking of the devil, does this mean we can get rid of Daneyko as color commentator now?

You know what's hilarious?  I can't stand Dano as the color guy, but.. right now, I kinda want him to stay.  Just to maintain some sort of identity.

Seeing Lou with a Maple Leafs pin on his chest has wreaked havoc on my brain.

"Lou said hardest part of leaving Jersey was "taking the jersey off."  His granddaughter wouldn't talk to him for 2 weeks when he lost Parise"

LOL

I don't wish Lou any ill will but I sure as hell am not going to root for the Leafs or follow them any closer just cause he's there. I hate their fans, they are the Rangers fans of Canada. Hate em.

Thats totally false. MTL are the Rangers fans of Canada. 

Maybe Im in the minority but Dano is growing on me as a color guy. His voice can get tough to listen to but I think he really made progress as the year went on. He doesnt sugarcoat things and actually calls guys out

i don't mind Dano at all and don't understand why people bash him all the time. Even Steve i dont mind him. Sure we've been spoiled for years with Doc but i've heard way way way wayyyyyy worst guys than dano and steve

Maybe Im in the minority but Dano is growing on me as a color guy. His voice can get tough to listen to but I think he really made progress as the year went on. He doesnt sugarcoat things and actually calls guys out

Not to derail the thread - because this should absolutely be about Lou - but Dano's rambles drive me nuts.  Steve needs to let Dano say his thought, then cut him off.

i don't mind Dano at all and don't understand why people bash him all the time. Even Steve i dont mind him. Sure we've been spoiled for years with Doc but i've heard way way way wayyyyyy worst guys than dano and steve

Steve is great, Dano puts me to sleep and takes the "color" out of "color commentary."

Perfect situation for Lou. Ownership removed him as GM and IMO rightfully so. The ownership showed him respect by keeping him as President. However it was an empty suit job with nothing for Lou to do but watch the changes he so resisted and watch as Stevens, Marty and Conte were not accepted by the change. Toronto had been asking the Devils for permissionto speak to Lou for two weeks. Shannahan has his plan for a rebuild in Toronto. He brought in a young AGM named Dubas and Hunter for player personnel they both need to mature so why not offer the GM job to Lou as long as he will stick with the rebuild plan for a couple of years grooming his replacement in Dubas. Don't be surprised to see Conte show up in Toronto soon. Toronto now has the best management and coaching team of any NHL team starting with the boss Shannahan not Lou.

Edited by BostonNala370