Tom Fitzgerald named Assistant GM

So are the Devils just going to turn into the Penguins? This feels weird.

Well that's the way things works in anything. You surround yourself with the people you worked with.

If Tarantino gets a movie gig. He's gonna bring in Nicotero and Nicotero is going to bring in his guys etc etc etc

I just wish we had guys in the organization from the glory years that were working in hockey ops. At least one.

Too much gets made about this. I want qualified people in hockey ops. Whether they have any ties to our glory years means less than zilch to me. It's time to make some new glory years.

Holik had a point yesterday. I think it's a little extreme, but the sense is right. 

Sure loyalty and all if fun. But IMO loyalty has hurt us more than anything lately.

Lou thought he had loyalty from a bunch of players who walked, money talks and loyalty is not much of a thing now. Do i have to post the list of all the bad contract Lou handed out of loyalty? or the ex-Devils he couldn't help himself to re-sign. All the playing time old guys not doing their job had over guys that were going to be our future.

Loyalty is almost dead actually. We live in a world were everything is so easy to obtain you don't get attached as much. Back in the days players we're sticking to their team. Now im pretty sure they all get drafted thinking to which team they'd like to be traded or who they are going to sign with once they hit UFA. Look at all the divorces these days too, things are rough a little, boom. It's so easy to just jump on another ship that looks more promising. 

Holik had a point yesterday. I think it's a little extreme, but the sense is right.

I love Holik, but the guy who ran to the Rags for the money should keep his yap shut about loyalty.

Sure loyalty and all if fun. But IMO loyalty has hurt us more than anything lately.

Lou thought he had loyalty from a bunch of players who walked, money talks and loyalty is not much of a thing now. Do i have to post the list of all the bad contract Lou handed out of loyalty? or the ex-Devils he couldn't help himself to re-sign. All the playing time old guys not doing their job had over guys that were going to be our future.

Loyalty is almost dead actually. We live in a world were everything is so easy to obtain you don't get attached as much. Back in the days players we're sticking to their team. Now im pretty sure they all get drafted thinking to which team they'd like to be traded or who they are going to sign with once they hit UFA. Look at all the divorces these days too, things are rough a little, boom. It's so easy to just jump on another ship that looks more promising.

This is actually an incredibly sad commentary about what our society has become. Edited by MadDog2020

The replies to TG make me want to literally vomit out my eyes. I'm glad I don't read/post on facebook groups because the freaking out over change is so freaking aggravating. You'd think, from the  way they're talking, we just broke up a reigning dynasty...

Carry on