NJDevils re-sign defenseman Adam Larsson to a six-year contract.

MrBreeze

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's a great deal, it's an average deal at best for a player who has yet to prove himself for a full NHL season, has a career -2, and who had one strong season after many people were calling for his head a season prior. On the plus side, he's young and has lots of potential. But I don't think it's a "great" deal because you don't know what you are gonna get.

I don't think it's a great deal, it's an average deal at best for a player who has yet to prove himself for a full NHL season, has a career -2, and who had one strong season after many people were calling for his head a season prior. On the plus side, he's young and has lots of potential. But I don't think it's a "great" deal because you don't know what you are gonna get.

Agree. It could become a great deal IF he continues to grow. I don't think that's a sure thing, hopefully it happens.

I understand the concerns, but I don't think this is anything but a steal for the Devils. Locking him up for six years, but some UFA years, and at that price? When defensemen are known to be slower on the learning curve and he started showing some real advancement this season? Absolutely worth the risk that he may not fully pan out. I prefer to look at it as we could have in a few years a top-10 NHL defenseman on our roster for a 4.1 mil cap hit.

Love it. Paying for potential, but he clearly could become "the man".

Love the we're finally retaining our talent.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

When was the last time we lost a RFA? We literally had 0% chance of losing him here. And didn't we do a similar deal for Henrique a few years ago? Let's not go overboard with the subtle knocks on Lou.

As others have said, it has the potential to be a great deal, but that is only the case if he continues improving. That being said, I like the deal as I think Larsson is a first pair D.

As the breakdown is 2015-16: $2.5 million. 2016-17: $3 million. 2017-18: $4.5 million. 2018-19: $4.85 million. 2019-20: $5.05 million. 2020-21: $5.1 million that's a pretty reasonable deal imo. Especially when you compare his $2.5 mil next year to what the likes of Clowe, Ruutu & Zubrus will be earning.