Your Thoughts About: #1 Keith Kinkaid

We're at the point of the summer where hockey news comes sporadically. So to pass some time until training camp, I'm going to start a thread each day going in order numerically. Only players who are going to be on the team next year are getting threads. So no Zidlicky, Salvador, Ryder, etc.

Onto to Kinkaid:

A bit surprised he played as well as he did last year as I wasnt very high on him. His AHL stats were solid, but nothing special. He is a bit more athletic than I thought and didnt pull himself out of position often, which is good for a big goalie. If he has a big year, (think 25 games, .920 save percentage), do the Devils ship him off for picks a la Lack, Lehner and Talbot? Would there be a market for him? In any case, it'll be interesting to see how real his 2014-15 performance was.

Tomorrow- #5 Adam Larsson

I think he's proved that he can be a passable back up. I don't know that 25 games of .920 goaltending for one year is going to make him that hot a commodity. For there to be any value, Cory would have to get hurt, Kinkaid would have to play close to 40 games and put up .925 numbers or something like that.

I think he's a great goalie.  He wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Lou and his love for Boston area players.  You have to admit, it's hard to not like some of our undrafted players such as Kinkaid and Hrabarenka. 

Kinkaid's diving save on Colaiacovo was awesome.  

Edited by RizzMB30

I think he has a lot of potential.  Unfortunately it probably would be best to ship him somewhere, assuming he does post about 25 games and a .920 save percentage, because if we keep him for much longer he'll just become an aging veteran and not our future -- he's only a few years younger than Cory if I remember correctly. 

We would probably be better off taking what we can get for him, signing or calling up another minor league goalie as a backup and banking on the chances Cory stays healthy, and riding our Cory as our main/only #1 for the next 7-8 season before he enters his twilight years and hangs 'em up, at which point hopefully by then we either A) have another young goalie in the system to call up as the next #1, or look at drafting someone.

I think that running him out there for 25 games, raising his trade value if he's good, sounds about right.

Otherwise I think he's fine as a backup.

I think he's a great goalie. He wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Lou and his love for Boston area players. You have to admit, it's hard to not like some of our undrafted players such as Kinkaid and Hrabarenka.

Kinkaid's diving save on Colaiacovo was awesome.

Kinkaid is from Long Island, and he played at Union College in NY. Just sayin. [emoji12]

I enjoy watching Kinkaid play. I really like how calm and confident he looks out there. Very pleased with what he's done as back-up so far.

Fun kid to watch, seems to have a lot of potential.

I hope he continues to do well - although I worry there will always be those twitter/Facebook morons who think he's better than Cory and should be getting the majority of the starts.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If they end up flipping kinkaid for a pick I hope they are able to snake something good out of some team..if not Keith seems to be a pretty solid back up for us might be better off to hang on to him for a little while longer and see if his value will go up at all with some more playing time under his belt

If they end up flipping kinkaid for a pick I hope they are able to snake something good out of some team..if not Keith seems to be a pretty solid back up for us might be better off to hang on to him for a little while longer and see if his value will go up at all with some more playing time under his belt

I like this idea of keeping him longer an increasing his value. This coming season we need both Cory and Keith to have a good year.