Your Thoughts About: #13 Mike Cammalleri

Derlique

I guess with the number change, he's next.

One of the few guys on the team who actually produced last season. I love watching him on the PP. His shot is lethal from that right circle and has a knack to get open. It's a shame he'll either be a) gone or b) a shell of his former self when we get good, but he's a lot of fun to watch. You can also tell he really wants to win.

One final thought: has anyone else heard an interview with this guy? He comes across as super smart and well spoken. Wouldnt be shocked to see him coaching down the road

Important thing with him is him staying healthy.  Last year he played about 68 games where in the previous 5 years his average was 61 games.  So really he played a little bit more than his average and we benefitted from that.  If he has injury issues and only plays 50ish games then things can get dicey.

His contract might start getting ugly in year 3, but years 4 and 5 will probably be even worse.  Great shot, seems like a leader and hard-working but again he really needs to find a way to stay healthy.

I pretty much assume he's going to miss 15-20 games each year. 

One of those guys you hope finds ways to stay effective as the years catch up...yeah, one of those contracts that could get pretty ugly in the last couple of years. 

Really like the guy. Expected him to be kind of a gun for hire but he seems way more passionate and shows more leadership qualities than I anticipated. He is without a doubt our best player offensively right now.

Feel for this guy. I wonder if Shero was here last summer if he gets signed. Could have the potential to be a Moses (not to drag that thread up again), by the time team turns around he's finished.

I don't think so. Too much of a risk for the Shero system age, length and dollars. He was a Lou band aid.

Edited by BostonNala370

What's a little scary is that he set a career high in shooting% last season (17.3)...he's never come close to that in a season where he's played over 60 games.  His 2.29 SPG were pretty low (career rate is 2.86).  He got some good fortune to score his 27 G in 68 GP last year.