Changes Coming to Devils MSG Broadcasts

DevsMan84

Well its the worst by default lol all it's saying is that there's way worst lol

Who else out there doing games on TV (in any sport) could be considered a brutal listen (I'm actually OK with Daneyko)?  For me, it's definitely John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman (Yankees radio team).  Suzyn's voice is a hard listen, and Sterling is far more interested in getting his schticks out there (like his stupid "look at me, aren't I clever" home run calls) than he is at describing what is happening on the field with any accuracy. 

Anyway, like these changes, looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Who else out there doing games on TV (in any sport) could be considered a brutal listen (I'm actually OK with Daneyko)?  For me, it's definitely John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman (Yankees radio team).  Suzyn's voice is a hard listen, and Sterling is far more interested in getting his schticks out there (like his stupid "look at me, aren't I clever" home run calls) than he is at describing what is happening on the field with any accuracy. 

Anyway, like these changes, looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

While Sterling is 100% schtick, his voice is not nearly as bad as Dano's.  Sterling can stop his schtick tomorrow if he wanted to, but Dano can't do anything about his voice.

I like the changes too.  Also funny to see the broadcast team can now finally travel with the team.  That was a completely silly and unnecessary rule.  I mean who was Dano and Steve going to run to about Devils "secrets?"  Probably ended up costing the Devils more as well for the separate flight for them (that is unless MSG foots the bill).

I like the changes, but I wish they would replace JMac. Dude adds nothing in the way of analysis

Couldn't agree more. I would much rather have him replaced then Dano. Sure he doesn't have the best voice but I like his passion and honesty about the team. At least he doesn't sugar coat and kiss the teams ass.

I can imagine it now:

Cangi: "And now we go between the benches with John Maclean"

JMac: "Thanks, Steve. Ya know, the Devils are down a goal and ya know, they need to start putting pucks on net and crashing the crease for rebounds. Ya know, it  only takes one shot to tie it up. Ya know?"

• Like 2

Like the changes. Also, I'd probably watch games with the sound on if Gilbert Gottfried was our play-by-play guy. I feel like that'd be highly entertaining.

I just read about this and put up a post on the changes and your roster. That one part about Devils media needing to book separate charter flights is cringe worthy. They should be glad Lamoriello no longer is there. Looks like the fans will be getting a lot more access to players. All positive.

Changes in store for Devils

I wonder if Lou plans to do the reverse in Toronto?  Can't imagine it would go over well up there.

How is he even allowed to still do that in this day and age? No way they'll allow it in the hockey capital.

I wonder if Lou plans to do the reverse in Toronto?  Can't imagine it would go over well up there.

i cant see anyone in toronto letting that fly. It would hurt business if anything.. those ways of doing things are out the teams need to be able to keep up with the fan experience that other teams have to offer people around the league