Your Thoughts About: #26 Patrik Elias

Derlique

I look forward to seeing #26 take its rightful place in the Prudential Center rafters, followed hopefully by a coronation at 30 Yonge St. in Toronto. Patty is everything it means to be a NJ Devil. My favorite all-time Devil not named Scott Stevens.

IDK right now I think Elias is 50/50 to get into the HOF.  He has the two cups but is missing a dominant year and personal hardware that a lot of other HOF'ers have.

IDK right now I think Elias is 50/50 to get into the HOF. He has the two cups but is missing a dominant year and personal hardware that a lot of other HOF'ers have.

Yeah he's on the HOF bubble... But I'm hoping he gets in. Over 1,000 points, 2 Cups, a part of one of the most dominant (albeit short-lived) lines in NHL history- hoping the voters deem him worthy when it's all said and done.

Yeah he's on the HOF bubble... But I'm hoping he gets in. Over 1,000 points, 2 Cups, a part of one of the most dominant (albeit short-lived) lines in NHL history- hoping the voters deem him worthy when it's all said and done.

I have a feeling the HOF voters will try to reason those 1000 points on his longevity (1200+ games).  He really is missing a truly sexy number/accomplishment like 100+ points in a season (came damn near close in 2000-01 with 96 points and was 3rd overall in NHL I believe) and a personal trophy that the voters tend to really like.  If he does get in it won't be first ballot.

• 2 weeks later...

Why do I have a sneaky feeling Elias has a very good season. He can't possibly have the dead weight he had last season. Playing with Henrique and say Palmieri watch he has 50 points.

I can definitely see that line together and doing some solid work. I want to see Elias on Henriques wing if Hynes wants Henrique as the #2 center for this current squad. Gives Elias less responsibility.

i cant imagine the team that can pay  much for him in a trade so i jusst want to see how he can teach someone like JJ or PZ and after in our coaching stuff

dont wanna hear anything about his new stuff job in another organisation

after brodeur and words of brodeur about new jersey penguins - it may be really hard news for anyone with devil heart

Edited by Guadana

Why do I have a sneaky feeling Elias has a very good season. He can't possibly have the dead weight he had last season. Playing with Henrique and say Palmieri watch he has 50 points.

In Patty's age 39 or age 38 season, he put up 78 points in 81 or 82 games.  He's a phenomenal hockey player.  It's a stretch, but he could put up 55 or 60 points.  The trick is him hitting that number AND Zajac putting up similar point totals.  

Patty has earned the right to whatever he wants. If he goes to Shero in December and asks to be traded, I sadly support him and root for him wherever he went. I hope he starts the season strong and if this is what he ultimately decides to do, it will help us in the long run if we acquire assets for him. Sentimentality in respect to pro sports went out the window a long time ago for me and the last two years have shown that it matters not at all if someone finishes their career wearing only one uniform. On that same note, if he finishes his career as a Devil, I will be equally proud that he was a member of my favorite team. He's in the rafters someday either way.

I wonder what the chances are they keep him around one more season after this to play a full year with Zacha.

I'd do it.  That's one loyalty contract I'd be happy to give out at 1 year at 1.5 or 2 million.  Playing the 3rd line LW with Zacha at center could do wonders for his game in terms of knowing when to use him teammates.  That's been touted as a big weakness to Zacha's game.  

I'd do it.  That's one loyalty contract I'd be happy to give out at 1 year at 1.5 or 2 million.  Playing the 3rd line LW with Zacha at center could do wonders for his game in terms of knowing when to use him teammates.  That's been touted as a big weakness to Zacha's game.  

I could agree with that. Lets see where Elias's head is at trade deadline that's not to say they couldn't bring him back if he finishes with another team.