2016 Draft

Jas0nMacIsaac

Flames have depth on defense, so unless they're moving a contract back to NJ (Smid?), I don't see how Severson would be the lynchpin.

Aside from the untouchables in Calgary, I'm not interested in many of their roster players. Shinkaruk would be a worthwhile gamble, maybe Joe Colborne if the Devils wanted some scoring touch on a depth line.

Maybe the Devils are willing to take Mason Raymond's contract in exchange for a pick.

1 hour ago, DevilMinder said:

Ugh another bluemoon guy, you and Fiesty need to upgrade your beers.

Blue moon is good.  I'm way more of a liquor guy nowadays, but I still like all wheat/light/citrusy beers.  Nothing hoppy, so no IPAs.  No dark beers. 

21 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

The detrot red wants will take 9 minutes to make a draft pick an novody will bat an eye

I'm not drunk you're durnk

No Sheet, why have rules if they're not enforced? Detroit should lose their next pick, unless it was a technical problem from the league.   Nothing is as bad as that Arizona-Detroit deal, man did the Yotes take a bath on that one, so Detroit gets away with two on day one.

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

The PC police would have a field day with this video hahaha I love it

One of things we did before games was to find weaknesses on our opponents. One team we knew their top scorer stuttered, so word when out that when you defensemen are in the corners with this forward, say, "Ga ga ga ga ga ga gi gi gi the puck Glen" I think today PC would put us and our old gameplan in jail.

All in all I wouldn't have the wind to taunt from the bench, b/c my lungs were burning from 90 seconds of battling. If anything I would be beeAtchin at the forwards for not giving a hand in our D zone.

• Like 1

Janne Kuokkanen/Dmitri Sokolov in the second/third round please!

Not a huge fan of this pick. I felt that Chychrun probably was the clear BPA here (followed by a serious drop off), but I guess I'm more frustrated that none of the teams in positions 1-10 reached or made a stupid pick. Can't blame the scouting staff much for this one, it's more just an unfortunate situation.

Hopefully Castron strikes gold in some of the laster rounds.

43 minutes ago, nessus said:

Not a huge fan of this pick. I felt that Chychrun probably was the clear BPA here (followed by a serious drop off), but I guess I'm more frustrated that none of the teams in positions 1-10 reached or made a stupid pick. Can't blame the scouting staff much for this one, it's more just an unfortunate situation.

Yeah it just didnt happen, nothing we could have done really and by the point we got to pick the drop off was there. the fact Shero was willing to drop showed that he didnt care much about the BPA at that position.

2 wins was the difference... if we would have lost 2 more games we'd have Nylander now. Which godamnit why did i think of that now...

7 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

The detrot red wants will take 9 minutes to make a draft pick an novody will bat an eye

I'm not drunk you're durnk

The piano has been drinking, not me

It's hard not to consider this a disappointment so far.  There seemed to be a pretty universal agreement that there was a falloff in talent after about 11 or 12 depending on your opinion of Chychrun.  That's why I always preferred just staying put at 11 over a lot of proposals I saw that had us moving assets to move up. We were going to have someone drop into out laps, in this case Brown.  Not to hang everything on rankings but considering we went in with the 11th pick and ended up with a guy generally ranked in the mid-teens, I don't see how that can been viewed as a positive.   I hope nothing but the best for McLeod but passing on a 6'-6" playmaking center who was always ranked in that top tier for a guy who's #1 complaint is that he has no hands really has the potential to blow up on Shero/Castron.  

The pick of McLeod can have some upside, some of his scouting reports make him sound a bit like Parise - hard working, relentless forechecker, speedy, and I think he doesn't get enough credit for his hands and vision. Definitely preferred other players over McLeod, but by no means is he bad prospect.

Hoping for more swing for the fences picks today though, would love a trade up for DeBrincat or Katchouk but at 41 I'd love to nab someone like Abramov, Mascherin, or Koukkanen

Yeah it just didnt happen, nothing we could have done really and by the point we got to pick the drop off was there. the fact Shero was willing to drop showed that he didnt care much about the BPA at that position.

2 wins was the difference... if we would have lost 2 more games we'd have Nylander now. Which godamnit why did i think of that now...

I'm actually surprised you didn't think of it Sterio. I think we have to be happy with our first pick as it was the best you could do with Keller off the board earlier, then Jost, and I wasn't crazy about Brown or didn't know enough on him, so outside of taking a D Shero made due with what he had here. This McLeod kid could look really great setting up Pavel Zacha in a year or two.

I do find it mildly ironic that the Devils are stuck with what easily could be seen as the two way forward of the top 15.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Leafs just picked some dude I never heard of who will now spend the next two years being one of the most overrated prospects in the world by Leaf nation  

Another KHL steal by the Leafs. @AdamWylde and @Steve_Dangle will be happy to see him play

it has begun!

• Like 1