2016 Draft

Jas0nMacIsaac

8 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i'd be quite upset if we draft a dman with our pick. i know everything about the BPA and all. Drafting is always a gamble so what you think the BPA may be might not be it. so at least try to fill a need.

I agree. I think BPA is totally subjective.

I want us to draft a "skill" fw. Not a safe Quenville type.  But either a playmaker extraordinaire or a finisher like Drouin.  I'd love for us to get Keller. Can't have both I guess. I won't be pissed if we pick a D man.

Also,

i'm sure Shero has "prepared" list for teams drafting later in 1st round.  For example, if Ron Francis approaches Ray, I'll give you __________and a 4th, if you switch picks w/ us.    Bruins offer _____________ & 5th,  there will still be quality guys to choose.   etc.

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

i'd be quite upset if we draft a dman with our pick. i know everything about the BPA and all. Drafting is always a gamble so what you think the BPA may be might not be it. so at least try to fill a need.

Mikhail Sergachev is very offensive minded, reading his reports he sounds more like a centerman than Dman. hard nosed too , big shot,

More chatter about Columbus trading out of number 3 with hopes that they can land Keller or Logan Brown later.

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/mckenzie-outlines-why-blue-jackets-may-trade-top-draft-pick/

What I would offer would be 11, Blackwood and this year's second; or 11, this year's second and we take Clarkson, or 11 and next year's first.  Of course, that's if Castron and company think Puljujarvi is a sure fire first line right wing or center that can start playing immediately.  

Either that, or make sure we get Keller if he's sitting there at 8 or 9.

More chatter about Columbus trading out of number 3 with hopes that they can land Keller or Logan Brown later.

http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/mckenzie-outlines-why-blue-jackets-may-trade-top-draft-pick/

What I would offer would be 11, Blackwood and this year's second; or 11, this year's second and we take Clarkson, or 11 and next year's first.  Of course, that's if Castron and company think Puljujarvi is a sure fire first line right wing or center that can start playing immediately.  

Either that, or make sure we get Keller if he's sitting there at 8 or 9.

There's no way Columbus is trading #3 (to a team in their division, no less) for any of those packages.

I don't think 11th, Blackwood, and 41st is a ludicrous offer, that's a pick right in the range where they can grab their center, the top goalie prospect in the CHL, and a reasonably high 2nd. That being said, you probably need to offer up a bit more being a divisional foe, I think Columbus is smarter than giving a division rival a generational forward talent.

56 minutes ago, CommonDreads said:

I don't think 11th, Blackwood, and 41st is a ludicrous offer, that's a pick right in the range where they can grab their center, the top goalie prospect in the CHL, and a reasonably high 2nd. That being said, you probably need to offer up a bit more being a divisional foe, I think Columbus is smarter than giving a division rival a generational forward talent.

As it stands now, a quarter of the league are your division rivals, so I think that carries a lot less weight than it used to, especially considering that it's not like the two teams are rivals in any way, shape or form.  

Ultimately, I think the key to any trade for that pick, will be taking on one of CBJs bad contracts.  The Devils and a lot of other teams are at a disadvantage because they can't afford to take Fydor Tyutin, as it means they're probably losing Andy Greene in the expansion draft.  Without getting rid of one or two of those NMCs, Columbus will lose either Cam Atkinson or Boone Jenner in the expansion draft, which would be a bitter pill to swallow.

Wow, the cap situation in Columbus is incredible.  It's one thing for the Kings and Hawks to have a cap squeeze given all of their success but the Blue Jackets?

In the past, I remember teams giving the expansion teams picks not to take players they were forced to leave exposed.   Given Greene's age, I feel like he's the type of player that could officially be left exposed but could probably be protected by sending a 3rd or something to Vegas not to take him.   Obviously, the Jackets or whoever would be dumping a contract would have to pay heavily to make it worth it on our end but an interesting scenario nonetheless.    

They haven't announced anything yet. I've gone in the past and it's been alright but nothing special. That said, events have gotten noticably better in the new ownership era, so if they announce one I'll probably consider going if I'm less flat broke by then (even if it's free, I probably couldn't swing gas and parking right now).

13 minutes ago, thelastonealive said:

They haven't announced anything yet. I've gone in the past and it's been alright but nothing special. That said, events have gotten noticably better in the new ownership era, so if they announce one I'll probably consider going if I'm less flat broke by then (even if it's free, I probably couldn't swing gas and parking right now).

Hope things get better for you, man

15 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

This will be the first time I'm in the area in the last 5 years for the draft. Will the Devils do a draft party? And for those who have gone, is it worth attending?

I've gone to a couple (Tedenbe/Larrson) and they're kinda fun. You're with your Devils brethren usually a band, "area" selling older equipment (skates jerseys etc.

If I was in the area I'd definitely go.  I don't need to be entertained.  Good being with other fans.

5 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

I've gone to a couple (Tedenbe/Larrson) and they're kinda fun. You're with your Devils brethren usually a band, "area" selling older equipment (skates jerseys etc.

If I was in the area I'd definitely go.  I don't need to be entertained.  Good being with other fans.

Oh, so they definitely have the equipment sales? For some reason I thought that was done away with. That's good to know 

6 hours ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Oh, so they definitely have the equipment sales? For some reason I thought that was done away with. That's good to know 

Unfortunately they haven't had an equipment sale since 2011 I believe, which sucks because it was a good place to get some equipment for beer league on the cheap.

22 minutes ago, caron14 said:

Claude Carrier our former scout is now working for TVA SPORT... Look at his top 10.... He puts Laine at number 7 and he really likes Michael Mcleod....

image.png

Guy definitely loves size and tools.  It wouldn't shock me if he had Zacha as the third best player on his board last year after Eichel and McDavid.  

On June 11, 2016 at 9:34 AM, Lateralous said:

Wow, the cap situation in Columbus is incredible.  It's one thing for the Kings and Hawks to have a cap squeeze given all of their success but the Blue Jackets?

In the past, I remember teams giving the expansion teams picks not to take players they were forced to leave exposed.   Given Greene's age, I feel like he's the type of player that could officially be left exposed but could probably be protected by sending a 3rd or something to Vegas not to take him.   Obviously, the Jackets or whoever would be dumping a contract would have to pay heavily to make it worth it on our end but an interesting scenario nonetheless.    

Taking back a lousy contract might not be the worst thing we could do, but Clarkson's is brutal, and will be for 3 yeas after this. Another sh!tty contract is the Captain. (Foligno)  Davidson is regretting that one. That's a ton of $$$ for him.  He gives that fo schizzle away.  

52 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Laine at #7... That's... Out there. [emoji55]

Surprised he has Laine so low.  Would love to know his reasons.  He's got Nylander up real high.  Nylanders got real skill but he's raw in terms of having a complete or ready package.  Lacks in a few areas you have to work out in the NHL.

4 hours ago, caron14 said:

Claude Carrier our former scout is now working for TVA SPORT... Look at his top 10.... He puts Laine at number 7 and he really likes Michael Mcleod....

image.png

3 hours ago, SMantzas said:

Thank effing God he isn't working here anymore lmao.

Well he was here for quite awhile and well... lol as we know our forwards drafting has been brutal over that time