Jas0nMacIsaac

2016 Draft

Keller, Jost, or Brown. The Devils needed to walk out of the first round with one of those guys. And we didnt get it done. 

They just said he is a good two way player......

Damn it i thought we were past this!!!!!!

Not happy with the pick but I did actually see him play this year.  Drove up to Kitchener for a game against the Steelheads  

014.JPG

• Like 1

I'm not going to pretend I know anything of substance about this kid.  Like that he has been described as a tireless worker with blazing speed.  Don't like how there is no mention of his hands or  playmaking ability when they describe him.

few more years of playing awesome overall games, seeing Schneider stand on his head and lose by a goal. But at least were playing well lol

Of course they don't want to interview our pick or speak to our GM. 

supposedly this kid has all the tools except hockey sense ... not sure what I think about that statement..  he better be as good as brown!

11 minutes ago, '7' said:

Keller, Jost, or Brown. The Devils needed to walk out of the first round with one of those guys. And we didnt get it done. 

this first round was soooo jets like... what a great thing that we won a few extra games this year, yippee

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2016/NHL-Draft-Profiles/Michael-McLeod

http://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2016/6/17/11862600/-speed-at-both-ends-michael-mcleod-2016-nhl-draft-prospect-profile

--> Essentially his take was "Not a bad pick, unless Jost, Brown, Keller, Dubois, or Nylander are available." Well, Devils scouting department clearly didn't have faith in Brown, so they picked up a free 3rd rounder and snagged this kid.

Edited by insanity_gallops

2 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

this first round was soooo jets like... what a great thing that we won a few extra games this year, yippee

His speed is crazy...but yea. Literally everybody we wanted just picked off one by one.

I think this kid will probably be like...Darren Helm?

A first round pick, especially top 15, your hope is that you're getting a solid scoring forward. I dont think this guy has the hands or vision. 

The pick is extremely safe. Considering where we were picking and how the board panned out, I can't hate the pick. Yes, I'd have been far more enthusiastic with Jost or Keller.

McLeod can positively fly. He will improve our attack in many respects. I'm much happier with him than if we took one of the d-men that were on the board. There's still plenty of time for Shero to do more.

17 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Still hoping for a trade. We'll see.