• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just released my Draft Book on my blog, which you can find here: NHL Draft Board's 2016 Draft Book You can read it directly on Scribd or download the pdf, I recommend downloading the pdf as

Can someone find a gas mask bong video of Laine so the Devil's can grab him as he slips?

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

Reasonable Nhl potential?

I could see him becoming a 3rd liner, definitely has the speed to at the very least be a pest at the NHL level.

Cant tell you anything about Maltsev, 6'3" forward that looks like he's a goal scorer

Just now, roomtemp said:

Is it because he's a goalie or is he not a highly thought of goalie prospect?

Just wish they were a bit more ambitious at that slot, but that's splitting hairs. I mean, he's an ok goalie prospect and has size but his career OHL numbers leave me wanting a lot more. He was a workhorse on a not so great team so I'm kind of curious to see what his GSAA is like. Just can't see him being anything more than a minor league guy. Hockey Prospect actually described him as a "lower end Mackenzie Blackwood."

Bratt seems like a nice value pick for where they got him. Future Considerations had him at 78, Hockey Prospect at 100 and described him as playing a "high-paced game." Also mentioned he "has a high skill level and is elusive with the puck." Doesn't turn 18 until 7/30 too. H.pefully he can translate his game over to NA.

EDIT: Pronman had him at 49.

Edited by thefiestygoat
19 minutes ago, dmann422 said:

Really happy with all the forwards,,, not that I know anything about them but even if 1 or 2 of them become NHL quality it'll be better than our recent track record of drafting forwards lol.

we definitely stocked the shelves, now we need a few to develop and over-achieve

fresh blood!

1 minute ago, CommonDreads said:

Like the Bratt pick a lot, can see we're building up a lot of speed, kid can also fly

Seriously, it seems like they're getting a bunch of guys with speed. McLeod, Gignac, and Bratt seem like they can absolutely fly. Anderson and Maltsev have positive reports in that department. Bastian doesn't but I do like what I've read on his size and compete level. I know this draft isn't highly touted, but so far I'm happy with what Shero's done today.

• Like 1

Chris Nichols @NicholsOnHockey: Dreger: #Oilers told me probably 30 minutes ago they didn't like the prices for D, so they're going to sit back.

Edmonton is infuriating... They just don't get it up there.

37 minutes ago, thefiestygoat said:

Seriously, it seems like they're getting a bunch of guys with speed. McLeod, Gignac, and Bratt seem like they can absolutely fly. Anderson and Maltsev have positive reports in that department. Bastian doesn't but I do like what I've read on his size and compete level. I know this draft isn't highly touted, but so far I'm happy with what Shero's done today.

Fast, attacking, supportive. I love it 

26 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Chris Nichols @NicholsOnHockey: Dreger: #Oilers told me probably 30 minutes ago they didn't like the prices for D, so they're going to sit back.

Edmonton is infuriating... They just don't get it up there.

I'll give 'em some D

• Like 1

I have to point this out, 2016 NHL Draft coverage has to be the worse ever. Talking heads not and/or weak coverage on the picks, especially not interviewing all the 1st rounders, so-called experts saying 200+ draftees are all great-good picks, and then the constant rambling on speculative trades instead of covering the draft picks and team fits, tired of hearing Stamkos and everything else which wont take place until July 1st.

Horrible draft format/coverage/technicals by both NBCSports and the NHL channel  

Only high point, Bettman Booed

• Like 2
I have to point this out, 2016 NHL Draft coverage has to be the worse ever. Talking heads not and/or weak coverage on the picks, especially not interviewing all the 1st rounders, so-called experts saying 200+ draftees are all great-good picks, and then the constant rambling on speculative trades instead of covering the draft picks and team fits, tired of hearing Stamkos and everything else which wont take place until July 1st.

Horrible draft format/coverage/technicals by both NBCSports and the NHL channel  

Only high point, Bettman Booed

The coverage was a joke. The guy NHL Network had hosting today was HORRIBLE (I forget his name, he's on NHL Tonight)... The dude is so unnatural- tries waaaay too hard... I wanted to punch him in the face and tell him to just shut the fvck up for five seconds.