2015 NJDevs FF Draft: Draft Complete!

CRASHER

I still dislike the Jordy type draft moves.

Sworn Defenders select Rueben Randle, WR, NYG

I'm kinda apt to agree with this, I mean yeah he's eating a pick and a roster spot (the IR spot is still a roster spot...sorta)....there's something dirty about drafting a guy who you know is out

I'm kinda apt to agree with this, I mean yeah he's eating a pick and a roster spot (the IR spot is still a roster spot...sorta)....there's something dirty about drafting a guy who you know is out

You couldn't pick him up Week 1 and do the same via our Brady rule... it's the same thing.

We later amended it when players retained their original draft round; rather than all free agents worth a 15th.

But still...  this is slightly different than Josh Gordon because there is zero chance of Nelson playing this year; he can't appeal his injury.

Edited by aylbert

No you can...the Brady rule is not having 1st round draft picks get cut and become someone else's 15th round keepers.  Under the current rule picking up Jordy or another IR player Week 1 without them having been drafted is 15th round keeper.

I thought it was the Peyton rule anyway, that was really where the whole mess started.  Especially since the Colts refused to put him on IR until like December so it involved burning a roster spot for the whole season to prevent him being a 15th round keeper cause then the rule was you cut someone they go by UDFA rules.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I mean I kind of had to dump Benjamin in my 16-team six keeper per team league cause he's not one of the top 80-90 players at this point with having to burn a season of IR (and Jordy wasn't kept either), but they're both going to be drafted in our draft Wednesday.  And there you can keep players for a longer period, not just for one season.  I also wound up drafting Maclin the year he was on IR in a late round as an IR stash, but then wound up swapping him for Lamar Miller when I needed a back - a season before his breakout :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

I think what ayl is saying (and I agree) that guys injured and out for the season (in the pre-season) and on IR should be ineligible for drafting that season

Well if you guys want to do that starting next year I have no issue with it.  I wouldn't have burned a pick on him this early anyways cause you still gotta pick backups, fill out spots and stuff like that.  Plus Jordy might not even be his keeper if he finds this year's CJ or OBJ, or winds up keeping a QB since stock market prices are back to being overinflated.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I think what ayl is saying (and I agree) that guys injured and out for the season (in the pre-season) and on IR should be ineligible for drafting that season

Agreed.   We have an IR spot; so you aren't paying a real price in these late rounds...  you're giving up a late pick and a bench spot pre-week 1; and replacing him immediately after the draft with no additional cost.  You're not losing roster flexibility, etc. like you would with a suspended player until his return, etc.   

Well if you guys want to do that starting next year I have no issue with it.  I wouldn't have burned a pick on him this early anyways cause you still gotta pick backups, fill out spots and stuff like that.  Plus Jordy might not even be his keeper if he finds this year's CJ or OBJ, or winds up keeping a QB since stock market prices are back to being overinflated.

Agreed. Next year.  

It's perfectly legal this year.

Yeah, legal yet shady draft move since he can get thrown right onto the IR and replaced as soon as the teams are up and running, But if yer gonna use a draft pick on him, you deserve the reward in the following year if ya keep em.

Also, I believe he DOES qualify for the Brady Rule in that if he were dropped, he SHOULD count as a 12th rounder and not a 15th should someone else pick him up.