Adidas gets NHL jersey deal. Starts 17-18. Advertising on jerseys poss

ghdi

You jersey people are ridiculous. You sound like the brats who were mad at your parents on Christmas for getting you the wrong brand of the thing you asked for. Who do you guys think you are to criticize the things people wear to games? If you want me in an authentic jersey at the arena, PM me for my address, and I'll gladly take one from you. Until then, I'm going to continue wearing the knock off Brodeur jersey my Flyers fan buddy got me for my birthday a few years ago.

Figures this tantrum coming from you. Where did I attack people who wear knockoffs? I just stated what I have observed.

Notice only you took my post personally. Digest that for a minute.

Figures this tantrum coming from you. Where did I attack people who wear knockoffs? I just stated what I have observed.

Notice only you took my post personally. Digest that for a minute.

You don't need to do a ton of discourse analysis to discern the sh!tty tone in what you're saying. You can have your hobby and not be a dick about it.

You don't need to do a ton of discourse analysis to discern the sh!tty tone in what you're saying. You can have your hobby and not be a dick about it.

Where was I being a dick? You personally attack me after being the ONLY ONE to take my post as a personal slight against you.

If I wanted to be a dick, I would call people who buy fakes not fans as well as other things, but I didn't. Hell I even provided realistic and logical reasons why people would buy fakes in the first place.

Edited by DevsMan84

Where was I being a dick? You personally attack me after being the ONLY ONE to take my post as a personal slight against you.

If I wanted to be a dick, I would call people who buy fakes not fans as well as other things, but I didn't. Hell I even provided realistic and logical reasons why people would buy fakes in the first place.

Yes, because of the thousands of people that read this site, coffee is the ONLY one to disagree with you. Plenty of people agree with coffee cake on this and don't want to waste the time of day arguing it.

Personally, I think the knockoffs look dumb, especially the ones with the oversized, mostly white collars on the home unis... But hey, if that's all you can afford, at least you're wearing Red to the arena and we arent like the Rangers where street clothes/suits are most of our attendance.

Just my .02

Yes, because of the thousands of people that read this site, coffee is the ONLY one to disagree with you. Plenty of people agree with coffee cake on this and don't want to waste the time of day arguing it.

If you think "thousands" of people read this site I don't know what to tell you.

He can disagree all he wants and that's fine, but he comes out swinging against me and "jersey people" aka the hobby then that's on him.

Personally, I think the knockoffs look dumb, especially the ones with the oversized, mostly white collars on the home unis... But hey, if that's all you can afford, at least you're wearing Red to the arena and we arent like the Rangers where street clothes/suits are most of our attendance.

Just my .02

That's pretty much where I am in my thinking, but apparently some people take this line of thought a little too personally.

Personally I like the player t-shirts with the name and number on the back. Cheap way to support guys and I don't have to spend a lot of money on jerseys, especially when a player is a bust or gets traded.

I wish we had more options. I remember wanting a Carter for the longest time and could never get one.

I don't wear fakes, but I don't understand people who care if others do. What do you care if a complete stranger wears a fake, even if you think they "look ridiculous". Nor if they collect 200 $30 fakes and that's what they like to collect. It makes absolutely no difference to you or your collection. It's still a demonstration of team spirit.

If you want to make the argument that the team is losing out on money they could otherwise be making selling merchandise, that I'll agree with to a point. I bet a lot of people buying $30 fakes would not spend $150+ on a legit replica or authentic if fakes were unavailable; they'd wear a shirt or sweatshirt, or just a non hockey shirt.

But worrying about whether other people's jerseys"look ridiculous" because the color of the collar is wrong? Who cares! Why in the world does that bother people so much that they complain about it?

I don't wear fakes, but I don't understand people who care if others do. What do you care if a complete stranger wears a fake, even if you think they "look ridiculous". Nor if they collect 200 $30 fakes and that's what they like to collect. It makes absolutely no difference to you or your collection. It's still a demonstration of team spirit.

If you want to make the argument that the team is losing out on money they could otherwise be making selling merchandise, that I'll agree with to a point. I bet a lot of people buying $30 fakes would not spend $150+ on a legit replica or authentic if fakes were unavailable; they'd wear a shirt or sweatshirt, or just a non hockey shirt.

But worrying about whether other people's jerseys"look ridiculous" because the color of the collar is wrong? Who cares! Why in the world does that bother people so much that they complain about it?

Oh so having an opinion about a topic and then voicing that opinion isn't allowed on a message board?

Man have I been fvcking up my life then...

Does NHL.com personalize those? I thought they did but I may be misremembering

You are correct, to an extent. They only give you X number of players to choose from, and if you try to do a custom one, it cannot be any name and number combination from the current team, at least that's how it was when I tried to get the Carter one.

They had friggen little Gio and Bernier, but never Carter.

You are correct, to an extent. They only give you X number of players to choose from, and if you try to do a custom one, it cannot be any name and number combination from the current team, at least that's how it was when I tried to get the Carter one.

They had friggen little Gio and Bernier, but never Carter.

There is a work around (or at least used to). You would just put a space before and after the name to throw off the system so it wouldn't reject what you wanted. So if you wanted Carter choose 20 and then do _CARTER_ with _ a spacebar hit. The second space was to ensure it was centered correctly.

There is a work around (or at least used to). You would just put a space before and after the name to throw off the system so it wouldn't reject what you wanted. So if you wanted Carter choose 20 and then do _CARTER_ with _ a spacebar hit. The second space was to ensure it was centered correctly.

Well goddamn it... Woulda been nice to know that years ago....

No, it's fine to voice your opinions. My opinion is that that opinion is dumb.

Didn't read it that way, oh well, cheers :beerbang:

With regards to player tees, part of Reebok's contract was that they would also have exclusive rights for the player tees.  I think anyone could have made those before, but now it is only Reebok.  If I remember correctly, they increased the prices of the player tees once they took over since there was no more competition.

I think jersey collectors hate the fake jerseys because shopping for jerseys online used to be easy, especially on eBay, but now most of the marketplace is fake jerseys, and if you are trying to avoid being burned by accidentally buying a fake jersey, you really have to look carefully and comb through pages of fake jerseys to find what you're looking for.  This wouldn't be the case if people didn't buy the fake jerseys, but they wouldn't be doing that if Reebok didn't screw themselves by jacking up the prices while decreasing the quality of the replicas.

I think jersey collectors hate the fake jerseys because shopping for jerseys online used to be easy, especially on eBay, but now most of the marketplace is fake jerseys, and if you are trying to avoid being burned by accidentally buying a fake jersey, you really have to look carefully and comb through pages of fake jerseys to find what you're looking for.  This wouldn't be the case if people didn't buy the fake jerseys, but they wouldn't be doing that if Reebok didn't screw themselves by jacking up the prices while decreasing the quality of the replicas.

As a jersey collector, it's pretty simple to weed out the fakes. The real danger is to casual fans or non-collectors, who may not be able to tell. Someone who sees a fake for $150 and thinks they are getting a deal. Anyone buying a $30 fake (or the $50 fakes that are all over eBay lately) either knows what they are getting and doesn't care, or they are just completely clueless.

And yes, the price increase from CCM to Reebok did not help this.

But, I will stand by my former opinion that there's no reason to give a sh!t what jerseys other people do or do not collect or wear. Some are perfectly happy with their fakes. Personally, knowing that fewer people have legit jerseys means that my legit jerseys are that much more special.

As a jersey collector, it's pretty simple to weed out the fakes. The real danger is to casual fans or non-collectors, who may not be able to tell. Someone who sees a fake for $150 and thinks they are getting a deal. Anyone buying a $30 fake (or the $50 fakes that are all over eBay lately) either knows what they are getting and doesn't care, or they are just completely clueless.

And yes, the price increase from CCM to Reebok did not help this.

But, I will stand by my former opinion that there's no reason to give a sh!t what jerseys other people do or do not collect or wear. Some are perfectly happy with their fakes. Personally, knowing that fewer people have legit jerseys means that my legit jerseys are that much more special.

Honestly, in my experience, it's the exact opposite.  I have bought jerseys at full retail in the past for $170 off of NHL.com and never wore it, left the tags on it and then sold it down the line.  When I did sell it, I was lucky to get $120 with shipping included.  There are still enough of both the legit jersey wearers to make the jerseys not all that special but enough fake jerseys out there to push the price of the legit jerseys down if you ever want to part ways with it.  I figure most people who buy jerseys have between 1-5 jerseys and they intend to keep them for life, so this is a moot point, but for collectors this hurts the wallet.  This is a major reason why I pretty much gave up on collecting authentics and replicas as I always lose money when I want to move them unless I get them dirt cheap.  Gamers I have pretty much at least always broken even (that's all that I ask for at the very least) or even made a little money.

Most people who buy fakes are not buying them through eBay and getting duped.  Most are going directly to the makers like the bevy of them on Aliexpress.  They know it's fake and I see the postings on the FB groups all the time.  I do think some people get duped but not a whole lot.

I do agree with devilsfan26 that a lot of this is caused by Reebok shooting themselves in their own foot.  The quality of the replicas have gone downhill and also making getting 2.0's with the introduction of the Indo-Edges really added the icing on the cake.  Now the only way to get a 2.0 is to either get a game issued/worn or to buy one off of Jersey Baron, and I am not going to pay game worn prices for blank 2.0's from him.  If Reebok lowered their prices a bit, made it easier to buy 2.0's, get rid of the Indo-Edges and update the Premier so it is closer to the 2.0 and the 1.0, they would probably hit the Chinese counterfeiters pretty hard.  However, we all know none of those are happening anytime soon. 

Honestly, in my experience, it's the exact opposite. I have bought jerseys at full retail in the past for $170 off of NHL.com and never wore it, left the tags on it and then sold it down the line. When I did sell it, I was lucky to get $120 with shipping included. There are still enough of both the legit jersey wearers to make the jerseys not all that special but enough fake jerseys out there to push the price of the legit jerseys down if you ever want to part ways with it. I figure most people who buy jerseys have between 1-5 jerseys and they intend to keep them for life, so this is a moot point, but for collectors this hurts the wallet. This is a major reason why I pretty much gave up on collecting authentics and replicas as I always lose money when I want to move them unless I get them dirt cheap. Gamers I have pretty much at least always broken even (that's all that I ask for at the very least) or even made a little money.

Most people who buy fakes are not buying them through eBay and getting duped. Most are going directly to the makers like the bevy of them on Aliexpress. They know it's fake and I see the postings on the FB groups all the time. I do think some people get duped but not a whole lot.

I do agree with devilsfan26 that a lot of this is caused by Reebok shooting themselves in their own foot. The quality of the replicas have gone downhill and also making getting 2.0's with the introduction of the Indo-Edges really added the icing on the cake. Now the only way to get a 2.0 is to either get a game issued/worn or to buy one off of Jersey Baron, and I am not going to pay game worn prices for blank 2.0's from him. If Reebok lowered their prices a bit, made it easier to buy 2.0's, get rid of the Indo-Edges and update the Premier so it is closer to the 2.0 and the 1.0, they would probably hit the Chinese counterfeiters pretty hard. However, we all know none of those are happening anytime soon.

I don't understand why they don't make the 2.0 more readily available on the retail market. It's ridiculous. I wouldn't care as much if the premiers didn't suck balls, what with that stupid fvcking jock tag on the front, but it's utterly absurd that there are like two places on earth you can buy a 2.0, and they cost a fvcking second mortgage.

I don't understand why they don't make the 2.0 more readily available on the retail market. It's ridiculous. I wouldn't care as much if the premiers didn't suck balls, what with that stupid fvcking jock tag on the front, but it's utterly absurd that there are like two places on earth you can buy a 2.0, and they cost a fvcking second mortgage.

That's 100% on Reebok and them being greedy.  Why put out 2.0's when you can put out Indo-Edges for the same money but the cost of manufacture is lower?  EPS used to actually have an option where you could buy a jersey from them and have them customize it before they ship it to you, but because of the Indo-Edge fiasco they stopped selling jerseys and strictly do customizations.

I never understood the point of the jock tag on premiers.  I guess maybe something that came over from football?  Makes no sense for them to be there.

I hope the change to Adidas will change this, but I won't hold my breath.