2015–16 Prospect Thread

thefiestygoat

1 hour ago, SMantzas said:

That goal was dope. To be able to take the pass off the skate and go through the legs at full speed, top shelf.

The pass from Provorov was almost as good.  Man, the Flyers could be really something to reckon with if Giroux and Vorachek don't regress too much in the near future.  

Yeah I feel like the way JQ picked up that pass between his skates to his stick was more skillful than the goal! Yeah it takes a lot of balls to pull off that move but for a left shooter its a pretty simple shot to do. I do it a lot with my team, its a fun but relatively easy trick to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

The pass from Provorov was almost as good.  Man, the Flyers could be really something to reckon with if Giroux and Vorachek don't regress too much in the near future.  

It was a very good pass but it's not like it was tape to tape. To take that off the skate like that while going full speed takes so much skill.

Geez man, I was giving the kid a ton of credit, since you opened up pandoras box I will entertain this

Yeah to be honest give me a clean breakaway on a NHL goalie and I can get that shot off easy at high speed, I am a good ice hockey player as an amateur. I have been playing in tournaments all across the country at NHL arenas, did Bridgestone two months ago.

Will I score? Probably not, but you never know with that move when the goalie does not suspect it. Doing that move at high speed is not difficult at all, do I need to make a video for you? Because I have been doing it since I was 12.

Now yes, doing that under pressure in a big game is the insane part and that takes MASSIVE confidence. The goal was great, my only point I was making was that pickup of the pass at high speed off the inside of your foot kicking it to your stick in between defenders is absolutely BONKERS, if you ever played hockey you know. I can't do that. The in between the leg shot? Yeah its easy to do on a breakaway Pressure or not.

Like I said, it took amazing confidence to do that in a big game. Great goal. But that in between the legs move is easy to do. Highly overrated. Any player in the NHL, AHL, ECHL, WHL, OHL, KHL, etc etc can do that...see Marek freaking Malik.

1 hour ago, Zubie#8 said:

Thats why I said it takes MASSIVE confidence to pull it off in a big game at that level. Thats the impressive part and gave him oodles of credit for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the biggest takeaway from it for me as well.  Kid has a ton of confidence.

• Like 1

and it's not as if he did it while they had a 4 goals lead either. They were trailing late in the game lol you miss that shot and the coach will tear you apart

Damn right, he'd have been nailed to the bench if he fvcked up that shot in that situation in the game. The confidence level is impressive.

Listening to a story on XM hockey this morning about the "battle the Oilers had selecting Yakupov. There was meeting in the morning  (Friday)  w/ all scouts. there was a vote  and it was 9-2 in favor of D-Murray.  mac-T i think overturned everyone.  Steve Kouleous (host) said they'll (Oilers) be lucky to get a 3rd/4th liner for Yak now. This was a true story from a guest that was there. (about how Yak was 1st overall)  I'd take a flyer on this guy for a 3rd.  Maybe a change of scene would do him good

Nail, New jersey & you, perfect together

3 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

Listening to a story on XM hockey this morning about the "battle the Oilers had selecting Yakupov. There was meeting in the morning  (Friday)  w/ all scouts. there was a vote  and it was 9-2 in favor of D-Murray.  mac-T i think overturned everyone.  Steve Kouleous (host) said they'll (Oilers) be lucky to get a 3rd/4th liner for Yak now. This was a true story from a guest that was there. (about how Yak was 1st overall)  I'd take a flyer on this guy for a 3rd.  Maybe a change of scene would do him good

Nail, New jersey & you, perfect together

Shero apparently was interested in getting him at the deadline.  From what you hear, the Oilers turned down an offer similar to what the Bruins gave up for Brett Connelly.  With Team Russia basically telling him to F-off for the world championships, my guess is that they'd be lucky to get a third rounder for him.

2 hours ago, DJ Eco said:

What does that say about most of our team then?

Nothing, why take a bad attitude who has a 10% chance at learning the game while affecting the rest of the team instead of a 2nd/3rd rounder who still has a 25 - 40% chance of playing in the NHL for 100 games. Hell those 2nd/3rd rounder have a 10% chance of being top 6 players, something Yakupov is not.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

• 2 months later...

Watch #11 in this game. At first watching highlights, i wasn't overly impressed. Watching the first period, this kid has some serious skill. At 6`3 he is a very good skater, looks to have quick hands and was used on the PP. His skating and fore check led to the first goal. His positioning needs some work, like most Russians.

On July 31, 2016 at 2:33 PM, Jas0nMacIsaac said:

Watch #11 in this game. At first watching highlights, i wasn't overly impressed. Watching the first period, this kid has some serious skill. At 6`3 he is a very good skater, looks to have quick hands and was used on the PP. His skating and fore check led to the first goal. His positioning needs some work, like most Russians.

Hate to be ignorant here Jason, who is # 11 (on white correct).  Maltzev?