Chris Lams gone now

DevilMinder

After Lou left, no one else's departure should really come as a shock. A lot of companies clean house when new management comes in. I think the owners want a completely fresh start for the franchise. Everyone probably got too used to the way Lou did things and weren't adapting quick enough. Lou was king for a long time. I'm sure everyone was like a family, especially Chris.

What did Chris even do to earn his job besides be Lous kid? Albany has been awful during his tenure. This firing is deserved.

That's not really on him, though.  He can't make Albany good without help from the NHL team, and he got a lot of prospects who couldn't even hack it at the AHL level.  Not saying he should still be in the organization - he probably shouldn't be - but I'm curious who found guys like Whitney and Lorito and Hrabarenka.  

In all fairness to Chris, his job description was being re-written and was probably stripped of duties he enjoyed most.

And no, you can't hold him responsibility of A-Devils success or failure. 

What did Chris even do to earn his job besides be Lous kid? Albany has been awful during his tenure. This firing is deserved.

Did absolutely nothing but run the minor league teams into the ground in every market he touched.  The move is long overdue.  

Nobody else would have survived that legacy of futility without the last name for half the time that he got away with doing it.. 

Edited by titans04

Yeah, the farm is usually a reflection of the NHL team.  The A-Devs have been awful for a long time but somehow churned out developing players.  As for Hrabarenka and Lorito, that's not surprising to me.  I hope the Devils continue to look at undrafted guys and give them a chance.  There's a lot of great undrafted players who simply don't garnish the attention they deserve.  

This is a classic case of two potential scenarios:  

1st - Chris, out of loyalty to his father, decided to cut ties with the organization.  Same thing can be said for the other guys that got the axe.

2nd - Shero is building his team of "trusted confidants" that will tow the line according to the way he wants it towed.  No use in having people of the old regime around with different ideas, or better yet, reporting ideas to Lamoriello up in Toronto. 

Better to cut everyone loose and move one with a new crew...

Technically he wasn't fired. He was given his new responsibilities, didn't like them and resigned.

Technically you are absolutely correct. But they belittled his position so much that his choice was stay while putting the money (his salary) into the bank and wait to get fired or walk now with maybe some severance package. Wait a year and join his dad.

Edited by BostonNala370