NJDevs '14-15 Fantasy Hockey, season begins!

redruM

Well we're at five votes for (n/i me which would also be a vote for), two against and two other maybes that seemed amenable enough.  At this point might as well put it through, if nothing else it'll prevent ayl going wackadoodle at the deadline again :P

So for now going forward players in rounds 6-23 in this year's draft and all UDFA's will be eligible to be kept next year.  Players drafted in rounds 1-5 will not be eligible to be kept.  Keepers will just be seperate from the main draft going forward, round values won't impact the draft next year.

Since next year the draft will only be 18 rounds, we only have to embargo like the first three rounds from being eligible for keepers if you want to eventually replace a keeper from this year with someone you draft next year.  But that's next year, this year the draft's still 23 rounds.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Okay did the draft order just now and posted it on the site (remember, first pick gets the last pick in even-numbered rounds so if you get pick #1 you don't draft again till picks #28 and #29):

1. NJDefenders

2. Eat Another Donut

3. Eaglejelly

4. Sabre$ Tankers

5. Squirtle Squad

6. Dan's Guys

7. Zamboni Warriors

8. DirtyMike&TheBoys

9. Wolverines

10. Sworn Defenders

11. New Jersey Swamps (lol 10-12 is going to be REAL interesting with me, red and ayl all jacking each other :P)

12. Dynamo Nation

13. Moves like Jagr

14. NeoThrashers

Well I drafted dead last last season, so.. moving on up!

But actually, I kinda see some merit in drafting towards the end of the round if you're not one of the top 1-5.. if you're not getting one of the truly elite guys I'd almost rather pick later in the round.

10. Sworn Defenders

11. New Jersey Swamps (lol 10-12 is going to be REAL interesting with me, red and ayl all jacking each other :P)

12. Dynamo Nation

Re-seed!

I don't know if I like being first in this pairing either... 

I'm just glad I'm 1st in the 6th round!

I put it in the title now - it's Monday 8 PM EST, and I left it as a status update a while back though probably most people including me don't really read them (nor do most people check the league home page apparently cause it's there too)  :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978

I put it in the title now - it's Monday 8 PM EST, and I left it as a status update a while back though probably most people including me don't really read them (nor do most people check the league home page apparently cause it's there too)  :lol:

Thanks. I just moved to the west coast so it's different having everything in a different time zone all the time. I always assume EST which was good when I loved in NJ but now it can get confusing haha

Thanks. I just moved to the west coast so it's different having everything in a different time zone all the time. I always assume EST which was good when I loved in NJ but now it can get confusing haha

Well, it's EDT still until November :)

Anyone besides red and Clown: should we do 3 keepers or 5?  I can always just be safe and put it at 3 for now and if we want to increase it later do that.  Admittedly I'm bouncing back and forth on whether it should be 3 or 5 :P

Edited by NJDevs4978