NJDevs '14-15 Fantasy Hockey, season begins!

redruM

I figured if I played Allen he'd give up five goals and if I sat him he'd get a shutout.  I shoulda played him :P  But Dubnyk had an okay matchup too, coming off a shutout himself and I didn't really want to play a goalie against the Devils so...

At least I might get a good keeper out of drafting Allen in the middle rounds if he keeps up this consistency, most people aren't going to have a goalie as a keeper.

Having Hank is killing me.

I actually was rooting for the shutout last night.  Flipped over to the game after the Devils were done.

I hear you. I found myself rooting for the Flyers last the other day because I was on my way to getting my first shutout of the season

I actually was rooting for the shutout last night. Flipped over to the game after the Devils were done.

At least he's winning for you. The one year I drafted him he was hot garbage the first month and looked like a one hit wonder (it was his second season in the league). It annoyed me so much I just dropped him and swore never again. That's not to say I mind having forwards or defensemen from a rival, they only indirectly impact wins and losses. Goalies are different. Edited by NJDevs4978

I actually was rooting for the shutout last night.  Flipped over to the game after the Devils were done.

thats the reason I will never draft Lundquist... If he has a great year so would the Ragers, and I cannot get myself to root for him...  That's never an issue w/ Philly as their goalies always suck!

Not really interested in a trade now, and probably won't trade Allen regardless.  Either he keeps playing well and is a valuable keeper or he doesn't and my season's sunk anyway.  It would help if Dubnyk was more consistent, it seems as if I play both goalies the wrong games.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Would you be interested in a trade for him?

I'd be willing to trade Jones from San Jose, for the right package, although if he gets hot I'll hate myself as he would be a great keeper option as well...

And OF COURSE Jake Allen stinks it up against the Rangers :argh:

Rine has been really up and down, what kills me is the fact that he has given up goals in 4 games, in the last 5 minutes where he is working on shut outs.. :noclue:

I'd be willing to trade Jones from San Jose, for the right package, although if he gets hot I'll hate myself as he would be a great keeper option as well...

Rine has been really up and down, what kills me is the fact that he has given up goals in 4 games, in the last 5 minutes where he is working on shut outs.. :noclue:

I am not looking for a goalie, I am looking to get rid of one. Rask is on the block if anyone wants him, make me an offer.

Patrick Kane looking to be the mistake of the draft, for me.

I think he was still around in round.. 3 or 4?  And I was picking 2nd to last.  Hindsight is 20/20 of course, but at the time I thought the potential court case was too much of a risk for my 3rd pick.

I think he was still around in round.. 3 or 4? And I was picking 2nd to last. Hindsight is 20/20 of course, but at the time I thought the potential court case was too much of a risk for my 3rd pick.

Passing up a keeper eligible Eichel in the sixth round was far worse :P

I think he was still around in round.. 3 or 4?  And I was picking 2nd to last.  Hindsight is 20/20 of course, but at the time I thought the potential court case was too much of a risk for my 3rd pick.

Kane went in the 2nd round 21st overall, not a big deal, My 7th , 8th & 9th rounds were brutal, prime keeper picks and I've gotten nothing out of them!

Edited by redruM

Yeah middle second round so you really only drafted Lundqvist and Toews above him.

I was considering him too but took Malkin first and didn't want to take a second RW so I took Pavelski second.

I HAD SUPRESSED THAT MEMORY, THANKS FOR REMINDING ME GUY :lol:

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It annoyed 'me' cause I knew I wasn't getting Eichel anyway but figured at least your or Manta would take him before he got to red :P

Kane went in the 2nd round 21st overall, not a big deal, My 7th , 8th & 9th rounds were brutal, prime keeper picks and I've gotten nothing out of them!

Other than McDavid (who Clown OCD'ed on before the keeper part of the draft) and Eichel I really didn't see reaching for keepers as a big deal either way.  Especially since there's only three of them.  I did kind of default to picking younger players after Henrik Sedin though - Barrie, Klingberg, Palat, O'Reilly and Allen give me some hopefully nice options.