Jump to content
redruM

NJDevs '14-15 Fantasy Hockey, season begins!

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, aylbert said:

And for the record...   this came down to something as small as a single goalie win.    You each had 40 wins, and were splitting points 11 and 12 between each other.   It would have been tied if Swamps pulled out an extra win (+.5 to him  -.5 to NJDefenders - tied at 152) ... and then I'm not sure what happens...  

By the same token it would have sucked royally for him if that surprise last-minute DNP for Rask on Saturday cost him enough in the goalie stats to lose.

I'm well aware of the almosts, three of my four second place finishes in the last four seasons have been by 1, 4 and 5 points...but of course I scraped by him in a couple of categories too so it could have been more of a deficit.  Really the league got decided with two things - my fatal flaw in plus-minus, and the fact he had so much high end talent.  The #1 and #2 Yahoo rated players (Kane, Ovechkin), along with #7 Bergeron, #13 Letang and #33 Gaudreau, as well as the in-season Gostibhere pickup.  I had a pretty good, balanced mix too, though Malkin dissapearing for two months didn't help it's not like that was a huge shock either.  I still had enough to finish in the top five in nine out of ten offensive categories and the top three in seven of ten at least.

3 hours ago, aylbert said:

I thought for sure Hasan would catch you this week; but what do I know, I only have a fourth place medal.

Yeah I've been remarkably consistent but in your case you've had three 1's, a 2 and a 4 with only one bad year in the last six, that's not too bad.  You play long enough you're gonna have a bad year eventually, although mine was aided by my self-inflicted autodraft fiasco I'll eventually have other season(s) where I'm just out of it like you last year or Zamboni this year - you pick the wrong goalie(s), get ravaged with injuries or whatnot.  Maybe that season would have been my off year anyway, the one pick I did make was Ovechkin and he had a 65-point season that year.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I'm the guy Devilsfan118 was talking about. I would love to be in the fantasy league. I played in a random league this season. Was top 3 for a good majority. Then with lack of goalies dropped to 5th and finished 5th out of 12. I'm still learning but love the thrill. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ralliart90 said:

Hey guys, I'm the guy Devilsfan118 was talking about. I would love to be in the fantasy league. I played in a random league this season. Was top 3 for a good majority. Then with lack of goalies dropped to 5th and finished 5th out of 12. I'm still learning but love the thrill. 

And also to add to this - which teams are officially "dead"? Or rather, which can the new guys choose from?

Edited by Devilsfan118

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

And also to add to this - which teams are officially "dead"? Or rather, which can the new guys choose from?

Dan's Guys, Eat Another Donut and Squirtle Squad. All had fewer than five moves, were ridiculously under game limits and it's been several weeks/months since their last league activity. I'll post a best keeper eligible list from each team later but if you want to look at who's eligible on each roster go onto Yahoo's players list and in the first drop down box eventually you'll see all the team names. Do a search with that team name and that's who's eligible.

And I can actually transfer the team over now if I have an email address but you can't do anything with it till late Summer anyway other than maybe change the name and general settings I suppose

Edited by NJDevs4978

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't seem to find the league at all. DevilsFan118 gave me the league ID number, but I can't actually look at your league... Do I have to be invited first into it?

Edited by Ralliart90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or just ignore me and my misunderstanding of how you have it planned out and I'll wait patiently lol. Sorry, just kinda excited. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2016 at 2:33 PM, Ralliart90 said:

Or just ignore me and my misunderstanding of how you have it planned out and I'll wait patiently lol. Sorry, just kinda excited. 

No problem and a belated welcome, I wish I could leave it open in the offseason but some of the settings I can't change till next preseason.

Here's the rosters of the dead teams in question (the rank is their end-of-season Yahoo rank), I had to write all the rosters down manually in case Yahoo screwed me and wouldn't let me carry them over into next season.  Remember you can only keep three players on whatever team, and the rest of the rules just go back to the first page of this thread for:

 

Squirtle Squad      
Neal Nsh F 14
Okposo NYI F 45
Eriksson Bos F 71
Krug Bos D 75
M. Domi Ari F 82
R. Smith Fla F 98
Skinner Car F 106
Henrique NJ F 132
Niskanen Was D 181
Perron Ana F 184
Leddy NYI D 248
Granlund Min F 375
Fowler Ana D 436
Gardiner Tor D 459
Enstrom Wpg D 553
Nurse Edm D 593
Tlusty NJ F 808
Semin Mon F 828
       
Luongo Fla G 64

 

 

Eat Another Donut      
Marchand Bos F 16
B. Schenn Phi F 67
J. Williams Was F 91
Datsyuk Det F 108
A. Lee NYI F 159
Iginla Col F 174
Lindholm Ana D 202
E. Staal NYR F 205
Faulk Car D 372
Dumba Min D 378
Coyle Min F 389
B. Richards Det F 394
D. Boyle NYR D 472
Turris Ott F 485
Vrbata Van F 512
Yakupov Edm F 542
Zidlicky NYI D 619
Ehrhoff Chi D 625
Blandisi NJ F 670
Wisniewski Car D 1069
       
M. Jones SJ G 28
Edited by NJDevs4978

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Ralliart90 said:

Thanks man. Should I post when I decide on a team with my email?

Sure, no hurry.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ralliart90 said:

Thanks man. Should I post when I decide on a team with my email?

Take Dan's Guys and trade me Panarin :uni:

Just kidding, there'll be no real-world collusion between the two of us.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Take Dan's Guys and trade me Panarin :uni:

 

thought there was no trading yet!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On April 12, 2016 at 5:36 PM, NJDevs4978 said:

No problem and a belated welcome, I wish I could leave it open in the offseason but some of the settings I can't change till next preseason.

Here's the rosters of the dead teams in question (the rank is their end-of-season Yahoo rank), I had to write all the rosters down manually in case Yahoo screwed me and wouldn't let me carry them over into next season.  Remember you can only keep three players on whatever team, and the rest of the rules just go back to the first page of this thread for:

 

Dan's Guys Team Pos Rank
Panarin Chi F 22
J. Carter LA F 50
Scheifele Wpg F 57
Muzzin LA D 101
Stempniak Bos F 135
Tatar Det F 141
Shaw Chi F 149
Zibanejad Ott F 167
M. Johansson Was F 168
McDonagh NYR D 203
Daley Pit D 393
Wingels SJ F 507
Severson NJ D 548
T. Lewis LA F 570
deHaan NYI D 585
D. Moore NYR F 611
M. Weber Was D 656
B. Sutter Van F 762
       
F. Andersen Ana G 95

 

 

Squirtle Squad      
Neal Nsh F 14
Okposo NYI F 45
Eriksson Bos F 71
Krug Bos D 75
M. Domi Ari F 82
R. Smith Fla F 98
Skinner Car F 106
Henrique NJ F 132
Niskanen Was D 181
Perron Ana F 184
Leddy NYI D 248
Granlund Min F 375
Fowler Ana D 436
Gardiner Tor D 459
Enstrom Wpg D 553
Nurse Edm D 593
Tlusty NJ F 808
Semin Mon F 828
       
Luongo Fla G 64

 

 

Eat Another Donut      
Marchand Bos F 16
B. Schenn Phi F 67
J. Williams Was F 91
Datsyuk Det F 108
A. Lee NYI F 159
Iginla Col F 174
Lindholm Ana D 202
E. Staal NYR F 205
Faulk Car D 372
Dumba Min D 378
Coyle Min F 389
B. Richards Det F 394
D. Boyle NYR D 472
Turris Ott F 485
Vrbata Van F 512
Yakupov Edm F 542
Zidlicky NYI D 619
Ehrhoff Chi D 625
Blandisi NJ F 670
Wisniewski Car D 1069
       
M. Jones SJ G 28

Hey, so I think i am going to go with Dan's Guys team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ralliart90 said:

My email is

mendel99@yahoo.com

Okay sent the invite, once you sign up you can look at the league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we have a date selected for the draft this year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Do we have a date selected for the draft this year? 

Maybe when they actually activate the league :P

Usually that's in early September/late August. I don't really want to do the hockey stuff till after the football draft anyway cause the offline draft constantly gets bumped up over this thread.

We also still need two replacements for the remaining dead teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

We also still need two replacements for the remaining dead teams.

My friend would still like to join. How do we get him signed up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus I thought you rev'ed this thread to dig up extras for the football..... y'all are starting this WAY too early :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2016 at 0:13 PM, NJDevs4978 said:

Maybe when they actually activate the league :P

Usually that's in early September/late August. I don't really want to do the hockey stuff till after the football draft anyway cause the offline draft constantly gets bumped up over this thread.

We also still need two replacements for the remaining dead teams.

 

On 8/18/2016 at 6:35 PM, CRASHER said:

Jesus I thought you rev'ed this thread to dig up extras for the football..... y'all are starting this WAY too early :P

Haha my bad my bad, I know it's early.  

Makes sense, no rush on my part.  Just trying to plan my next few weekends out - I'm going to be traveling quite a bit for the college football season so I want to make sure I keep myself available to make the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually have that draft as close to the start of the regular season as possible, always on a weeknight though.

But now it's time to go to the bunker for the football one :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.